A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,190
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My name is Dorian!!! I like to DANCE!!!  (Read 15788 times)
Tags for this thread: yo_gabba_gabba , plex , robot , toodee , brobee , foofa , muno , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2009 11:16:26 AM »

So, Dorian, my now 2 year old, had a birthday yesterday.  He is completely in love with Yo Gabba Gabba.  About a month or so ago, he was sick and I made him a Muno shirt to cheer him up.  He loved it so much that I decided to make him the rest of the gang as a birthday present.  These were all machine appliqued.  On the Nick Jr. website, they have a section of Yo Gabba Gabba craft stuff and there are iron on printables of each character.  I just used those as my guides for tracing/cutting the pieces.  Sadly, our printer is broken so I had to trace everything off of our monitor Roll Eyes.

Here they are all together:

And separately, in the order that I made them.

Muno

Brobee

Foofa

Plex

Toodee--I don't know what's up with the colors in this picture.  They're all washed out except the orange.  The colors in the group photo above are more accurate.

Foofa is his absolute favorite character.  Truth be told, she's my favorite too.  She's got such a sweet little voice and she's always nice.  Plus, I think she's the best dancer.  I sing the "My name is Foofa!  Fuh foofa!  Fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh Foofa!" song to myself all the time.  Er....I may be watching it a little too frequently.  Anyway, every time he sees her, he sings "I so happy..."  and he just thinks she's the greatest.  I briefly considered stenciling something on that shirt (something like "boys love foofa too") so that people would still know that he's a boy, but then I was like "what do I care if people I don't know think he's a girl?".  Plus the idea of that being the only shirt with wording on it offended by symmetry sensibilities.  Foofa was also the hardest one to applique because of all the curves.  But, it turned out ok!

And, here are a few action shots.  Before the night was over, he had worn all of them, heehee.  They were definitely a hit with him!!!

And, just for kicks, here's one of him with his Muno cake (I made that, which is why it looks so messy:) when we sang Happy Birthday to him!

Those are my 2 older kids and my husband's arm in the picture with him.  So, questions, comments, criticisms?   
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009 11:06:02 AM by thankyoulocust - Reason: to fix one of the pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
loulabear
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009 11:40:37 AM »

Those are so so amazingly adorable.  I understand why he loves them so much...I want a set for myself!  It's cool that Nick Jr. has a crafting area on their site...how anti consumer of them!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009 11:57:53 AM »

Awesome job!!! Smiley Smiley They all look absolutely fantastic!

Anyway, every time he sees her, he sings "I so happy..."  and he just thinks she's the greatest.  I briefly considered stenciling something on that shirt (something like "boys love foofa too") so that people would still know that he's a boy, but then I was like "what do I care if people I don't know think he's a girl?". 

Love that you didn't feel the need to make sure the shirt was gender specific; you rock!!! Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
sdhrt
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009 12:40:51 PM »

Those really are great.  Nice stitching work on the appliques.  About those nick jr things, if there is a project you see that you want to make, download it then, they disappear and they don't always archive them!  I saw the 'wonder pets meet the beetles' transfer like six months ago and I just got some transfer paper and now its gone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fizzyliftingdrink

I like stuff. I like stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009 12:49:02 PM »

These are awesome!!!  Sewing and wearing Yo Gabba Gabba clothes is awesome!
We love Yo Gabba Gabba in our house.  I'm already planning my little girl's Yo Gabba Gabba birthday party (it's in June)!
Super Job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Boozhoo, Boozhoo!
Aaniishnaa?
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009 01:10:07 PM »

Those really are great.  Nice stitching work on the appliques.  About those nick jr things, if there is a project you see that you want to make, download it then, they disappear and they don't always archive them!  I saw the 'wonder pets meet the beetles' transfer like six months ago and I just got some transfer paper and now its gone.

You mean this one?

http://www.nickjr.com/printables/wonder-pets-beetles-mirror.jhtml?path=/printables/wonder-pets/paper-crafts/all-ages/index.jhtml

When I was looking for the Yo Gabba Gabba character transfers, I just googled the specific character plus the word shirt and went directly to that URL rather than looking on the site.  Hope that link was what you were looking for!

These are awesome!!!  Sewing and wearing Yo Gabba Gabba clothes is awesome!
We love Yo Gabba Gabba in our house.  I'm already planning my little girl's Yo Gabba Gabba birthday party (it's in June)!
Super Job!

Haha!  We do that all the time about everything.  "Eating cereal issssssss....AWESOME!!!",  "Taking a bath issssssss....AWESOME!!!", etc.

Thanks for all the nice comments you guys Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
SassyRedhead
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009 01:19:53 PM »

HAHA awesome
Todee is my favorite character, I will have to look into this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides."
James Quinn
musicalflower
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009 02:08:00 PM »

I love how they turned out. Now I'm getting ideas for my niece's birthday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And on the Bad Wolf Channel, The Face of Boe just announced he's pregnant.
dustbunnyodoom

Too many hobbies, too little time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009 06:24:44 PM »

These are fantastic! I would totally rock Plex Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hamburke
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009 08:39:52 PM »

So everytime I sit down to eat I think "There's a party in my tummy!" and someone else in my family says "so yummy, so yummy" (usually, it's my hubby but we have 3 little ones to help sing and yes, this is how we get them to eat their greenbeans and carrots). And now, hubby and I have gotten our childless friends into it... I think I may need to make a couple of adult sized Brobee shirts... hmmm - something to put on my list after I get a better sewing machine  (I have a Singer 247 - great machine but doesn't have anything fancy).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lo{ve}
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009 09:27:42 PM »

these are really really well done!

he looks so happy with his cake Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009 06:45:10 AM »

these are really really well done!

he looks so happy with his cake Cheesy

Haha!  Actually, in that picture he was kind of shrieking/laughing because he didn't want us to sing Happy Birthday.  He was in the middle of pushing his sister and screaming "STOP IT!!!".  That picture is deceiving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbowsprinkles
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009 11:00:50 AM »

Wow!!  You did a great job!

Our family loves Yo Gabba Gabba too!!  Those songs get stuck in my head for days...  I should make my little guy a Plex shirt, he would seriously love that!

Thanks for sharing!!

Liz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009 11:19:09 AM »

Unfortunately my kids do not like Yo Gabba Gabba, which I dont understand because I think the characters are awesome.  You did a super job on the shirts, I love them!  And you little guy is a doll!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
sdhrt
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009 11:58:30 AM »

You mean this one?

http://www.nickjr.com/printables/wonder-pets-beetles-mirror.jhtml?path=/printables/wonder-pets/paper-crafts/all-ages/index.jhtml

When I was looking for the Yo Gabba Gabba character transfers, I just googled the specific character plus the word shirt and went directly to that URL rather than looking on the site.  Hope that link was what you were looking for!

Thanks for finding it!  I searched transfers and didn't find it.  Once again, the shirts really are great, you have one lucky kid  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009 12:30:12 PM by sdhrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged
christinem
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009 01:15:18 PM »

Those are great. My daughter has been asking me to make them.  So of course she ran to the computer, drawn like a magnet when I clicked on your project photos.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KristyDi
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009 03:49:21 PM »

Awesome!  I've just been trying to decide what I was gonna make for a friend's kid's birthday.  She's having a Yo Gabba Gabba party so I'm thinking a few shirts like this might just be perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people juggle geese.  -Hoban Washburn
Shakespear

Crazy Chickadee since 1978

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009 08:09:50 AM »

HA! Those are so great!  Very very well done! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty/writing/the land of random blog...

erinshakespear@bresnan.net
nancyr478
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009 07:20:55 PM »

GREAT JOB!! Yo Gabba Gabba is a favorite in our house too! These shirts are too cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erin33084

I'm just SEW happy!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009 06:36:31 AM »

I don't have any kids yet (one inside, though!), so I have never heard of this show. But it sounds really cute! These shirts are so amazing. Your LO is lucky to have you! I bet he's the coolest dressed kid around. My favorite is the robot-looking guy...Toodee?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cutiepatootiebyerin.etsy.com

We can't wait to meet our baby boy, due in September!
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009 09:33:25 AM »

I don't have any kids yet (one inside, though!), so I have never heard of this show. But it sounds really cute! These shirts are so amazing. Your LO is lucky to have you! I bet he's the coolest dressed kid around. My favorite is the robot-looking guy...Toodee?

The robot one is Plex.  He's not just any robot either.  He's a MAGIC robot, heehee.  Toodee is the blue/light blue cat/dragon thingie on the orange shirt.

Anyway, I highly recommend this shirt for your future kiddo.  In my opinion, it's the best kid's show since Pee-Wee's Playhouse.  I mean, seriously, they have a segment called Biz's Beat of the Day where Biz Markie teaches the kids beatboxing techniques.  Awesome!  And they have really cool bands on, not to mention all the good lessons they teach (good manners, how to be careful, hygiene, etc).  I can't say enough good things about this show!  My husband makes fun of me and says I'd watch it even if Dorian didn't. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reese299
yep, its like that

a little of column A, and a little of column B...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009 10:25:33 AM »

These are so cool, I am at a loss for words.  My nephew would give up his pacifier for these (well, maybe).  I  love that you traced them off the monitor-our printer never has ink so I am always tracing off the monitor!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Whenever I draw a circle, I immediately want to step out of it." -r.b.fuller
engdom
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009 03:04:24 PM »

aww he looks like he's having an awesome birthday!  that cake looks great too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart.

e. e. cummings
elabri
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009 03:40:03 PM »

My 18 month old love Yo Gabba Gabba. These shirts are awesome!! Great job!!

Its almost time to go!! But first, lets remember what we did today!!

LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Teen Internet Site That Puts Safety First Yoursphere.com
rubberduckie
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009 06:23:05 PM »

They are awesome! Great applique.
I made a Muno shirt for my son but it just had his eye and mouth on an orange shirt - he loves it though...yours are very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love what you do and do it with all the passion you have inside you.
chrisnkelley
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009 06:37:43 PM »

Those are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Queen Mab
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009 12:57:41 AM »

Oh how adorable! You've done an awesome job - especially as you had to trace off the screen, well done!

I would have a very jealous 14 month old over here if I were to show her those... to be honest, I am just a smidgen jealous myself... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

9thLife
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009 09:43:53 AM »

I had made my son a Muno hoodie last spring, red jacket that I sewed the eyeball and mouth onto the back.  It was almost as awesome as all these tee's!  Tho I never really finished it, I was gonna sew the word Muno on the front, buuuut he wore it so much I never had the chance.  It's still in his closet... wonder if it still fits....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartwonka
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009 08:56:29 AM »

Those are super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiffany. Lover of rainbows and crafts. (^_^)
lcelmer
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2009 09:45:10 PM »

SUPER CUTE!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewEnthusiastic

The opposite of war isn't peace it's creation!

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2009 02:14:44 PM »

Wow you did an amazing job on those, they look so professional and look at his little happy face - hes over the moon with them. Well done you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poalgirl
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009 09:23:26 AM »

That is fantastic!  I need to do this for my daughter!  Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poalgirl
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009 09:27:56 AM »

I forgot to say that I love the Muno cake too!  You are an awesome parent:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikki_nikk
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009 11:37:53 PM »

I so have to try this! Great idea! They came out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mauoijenn
Future Mrs. Lord Vader

Crafted in 1978...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009 06:24:34 AM »

Love these.
My son likes this show.
I personally like "Super Martian Robot Girl". HA!

You did an AWESOME job!!  :0)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

... so many ideas ... so little time ... We are about to MOVE!! (crafting for my family's new crib)

"I was born good but had grown progressively worse every year." - To Kill a Mockingbird
Elisana
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009 07:55:58 AM »

you did an awesome job'!!!   they look great!

one question: did you use any sort of fabric underneath the jersey to stabilize the applique? I've been thinking of doing applique with satin stitch, but I thought it would be too heavy for t-shirt fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009 09:36:48 AM »

I love the energy on that show! It really gets my kiddos up & moving! Your shirts came out great! Lucky kiddo!...he's sooo cute!
 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2009 03:01:56 PM »

These are great! My 2-y-o son likes Foofa too! When she gets sad about not winning at tag (who wins at tag btw???), he tells her to get up and tries to make her feel better by petting the TV.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheaannette
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2009 05:27:11 PM »

I love the second one. Sooo cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2009 09:16:26 AM »

you did an awesome job'!!!   they look great!

one question: did you use any sort of fabric underneath the jersey to stabilize the applique? I've been thinking of doing applique with satin stitch, but I thought it would be too heavy for t-shirt fabric.

Oops!  Sorry I'm so late in answering your question.  So, I just used some lightweight iron on interfacing on the inside of the shirt.  I did the Foofa with no interfacing the first time and the shirt actually did rip.  Of course, that didn't happen until almost the END and I wanted to stab myself because I had to get a new shirt and start all over, but it was definitely a learning experience.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenlemurkids

Frida is my god

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2010 04:42:44 PM »

Youre an awesome mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If life gives you lemons, make Limonchello
I love:Peacocks, Mustard Yellow, Polka Dots, Puggles, Chihuahuas, Yo Gabba Gabba, Mexican Themed stuff, Cooking.
I hate:Country themed stuff, Pastel colors, Mass produced items, Butterflies and Fairies.
wists.com/greenlemurkids
I LOVE personal swaps
monster pillows
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010 01:41:49 PM »

These are fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serenityfey
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010 05:25:15 PM »

Those are fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SinDoll
Adam West

Wednesday grew up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2010 10:54:40 PM »

That is one lucky and HAPPY kid! Great job momma! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn to Play the G Major Scale in Violin
Keeping Elbow Still When Playing Violin
How it Felt to Butcher a 700 Pound Steer
Introduction to Vibrato on Violin
Vibrato Exercise on the Violin - Sound Waves
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...