A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amazing Crochet Motif Swap: Send-outs April 6, '09 (New Date)  (Read 24335 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

midnight7649
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009 06:41:27 AM »

hehehe I went out and bought the motif book after I saw the thread for this swap, then went out a few days later to see if I could find any more books to buy Smiley unfortunately my hubby was there and I didn't get any books....so I think the library sounds like a great idea!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009 09:16:33 AM »

Yup, library is a sound idea. Hadn't really thought of that before, actually. I had chedked 1/2 Price Books and picked up 2 crochet books, so I was happy with that as well. Learning that some of these books are realllly hit and miss with the patterns. I am talking not specifically about motif books, just the crochet books in general.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009 09:16:58 AM by zatanna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009 09:21:41 AM »

Yup, library is a sound idea. Hadn't really thought of that before, actually. I had chedked 1/2 Price Books and picked up 2 crochet books, so I was happy with that as well. Learning that some of these books are realllly hit and miss with the patterns. I am talking not specifically about motif books, just the crochet books in general.

I did a library search, and found all of the books listed except for Crochet Bouquet. It's a great way to check out a book and see if it's worth it, because you're right, some books just aren't consistent in their patterns.

I'll be starting a few practice motifs for me later this week, I think. Then, if they're keepers, I'll re-do them for my partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
cejaypi
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009 03:39:22 PM »

Ah! This is good, have to join! Already know that in the end it will be an afghan - an inspiration afghan Smiley Lots of fun motifs to keep the creative juices flowing  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009 09:11:13 PM »

I made 4 motifs the other night. The funny thing is - most of my motifs come about by my inability to figure some patterns out! They look good, but they are hard to recreate - ha ha! Example, I ended up with a pentagon that was supposed to be square and ended up with a triangle that was also supposed to be square  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
zuliblu
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009 08:15:18 AM »

I am totally signing up for this swap!  I was perusing the net looking for motif patterns and I found this one, it is so cute.  Check out the super colorful ones on top.  She posted this pattern and offers it and asks that if you use it that you send her one square, she makes blankets for charity!  http://www.krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/2006/09/daisy-flower-crochet-charity-square.html
Check it out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009 08:20:27 AM »

I pulled out some books last night and I founds some fun motifs! Some of the ones I saw I was kinda worried about how they would get attached though, for some flowers and lacy edged ones. Any ideas? Is it best to steer clear of those, or add a border, or just talk it out with your partner?

Besides my books that were all squares/motifs I pulled out some stitch dictionaries and what not and those usually have a section of 10-20 motifs too!

I made 4 motifs the other night. The funny thing is - most of my motifs come about by my inability to figure some patterns out! They look good, but they are hard to recreate - ha ha! Example, I ended up with a pentagon that was supposed to be square and ended up with a triangle that was also supposed to be square  Cheesy

I totally did that one time when I messed up a granny square, made a beautiful pentagon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009 12:39:16 PM »

I am totally signing up for this swap!  I was perusing the net looking for motif patterns and I found this one, it is so cute.  Check out the super colorful ones on top.  She posted this pattern and offers it and asks that if you use it that you send her one square, she makes blankets for charity!  http://www.krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/2006/09/daisy-flower-crochet-charity-square.html
Check it out Cheesy

I have that pattern, but have yet to try it.

Maremare - If I'm assuming correctly, I think it is okay for flower or lacy edged or whatever shape or motif you find or end up with. That is part of the allure of this swap, I think - to not have to think about squares or size or symmetry. Although it does present a challenge as to how to connect them, doesn't it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009 02:34:19 PM »

Any type of motif is fine. For those that might be harder to connect together, they could always be used as accents on pillows or, if they're small enough, as brooches or hat accents. The only problem I can see is figuring out what the size is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009 07:41:59 PM »

I just joined Ravelry, there are so many cool things on there! I highly recommend requesting membership. It takes almost a week to hear back from them once you request. They have some really really talented crocheters. I didn't even make it to the knitting side yet. Anyway, they have some really cool things made out of motifs. One was a purse decorated in motifs. And there were things that looked like table runners/cloths and scarves. It was interesting to see how they were connected. I would post a pic of the purse, but not sure if I'm allowed to do that....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar
Wild Animals on Your Tree

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...