A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
419 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Evelyn's Nursery [IMG HVY]  (Read 3366 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
aif the waif
« on: February 18, 2009 05:23:22 PM »

I'm in the three week countdown to due date and I finished the nursery this week.

The Ikea Gulliver crib and Boliden chair are the only new piece of furniture. We already owned the Ikea Lerberg shelf and Brondby rug and reused it for the nursery. The changing table was given to us. The crib bedding is Dwell Studio's Farm Girl theme. The shelf has Sterilite drawers for clothes. We are going to try to use this instead of a dresser. 

I made most of the wall hangings. There are swatch portraits made from fat quarters and embroidery hoops, a sonogram silhouette portrait, and wall art made from canvases, acrylic paint, and fabric scraps.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009 05:33:11 PM by aif the waif » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My store: Finely Wrought Etsy
My crochet blog: Finely Wrought Blog
My personal style: The Laundry Narrative

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009 05:37:33 PM »

I love it. Mostly because of the focus on function. I get a little tired of nursuries that are baby-matchy-cutsey and not at all realistic. It feels like a baby room without being overdone. And the original art will grow with the kiddo. Congrats!

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/

B's Only Toots

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009 06:19:56 PM »

Very cute! I always loved doing up the nursery before the baby came (I have 5) its so much fun! I love the crib bedding desgin and color very modern retro looking, is that the crib bumper put onto outside of the crib?I like how it makes the pattern more visible, I've never seen one put on the outside like that!

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009 06:27:38 PM »

I love the fabrics you used for the wall hangings.  Did you make the bedding too?  The bumper on the outside of the crib is a cute idea, too!  I'm surprised they are still included with crib sets after all the hype about them elevating the risk of SIDS.

I'm due on St. Patty's Day, but am hoping she comes a bit sooner.  I'm anxious to meet my little girl!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009 08:01:24 PM »

aww this is super cute! i love the dwell studio bedding and the portrait art is amazingly awesome Smiley

"In my world everyones a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies."

aif the waif
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009 11:25:15 AM »

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, the bumper is on the outside. I didn't want to use it in the crib, but it felt like such a waste to put it away since it came with the bedding set. I can't remember where I saw it, but someone else used theirs as a valance. So if it doesn't work being on the outside, I will probably try that next.

kirby_kurd: Congrats on your baby girl. I'm anxious to meet mine as well. I did not make the bedding but I definitely considered trying to screen print a set because I was having trouble finding things in my price range that fit my aesthetic.

My store: Finely Wrought Etsy
My crochet blog: Finely Wrought Blog
My personal style: The Laundry Narrative
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009 04:06:38 PM »

What a sweet and happy looking nursery.  I'm due in May and haven't gotten anywhere near setting up our walk-in closet as our nursery.  (We have two other kids and have no more empty bedrooms).  I REALLY liked the idea of the fabric in the embrodiery hoops.  I may have to steal that idea for my baby's room.  Good work!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Spicy Basil Chicken
Five Curry Recipes
How to Cook Five-Spice Pork Lo Mein
Five Basic Korean Recipes
Five Classic Thai Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...