A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
836 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: exposing the stash  (Read 1565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009 06:20:39 PM »

I like the way you think! 

Add to all of that the fact that if you buy a lot of yarn when you go shopping then you end up making less trips to the store, thereby using less fuel!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009 05:30:49 AM »

oh!!!  All the lovely bountiful yarn!  I want to toss it in the air and run between the skeins as they fall so delicately to the ground!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
McJulie-O
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009 06:55:58 AM »

Here is how you justify stashes.
with the price of fuel it is very expensive to heat and cool a house. the more space that is filled in a house is less space that has to be heated and cooled. whats more if you take the time to have these things along walls it also add an insulating property to the walls and a sound shield. So put shelves on every exterior wall and will them with yarn, fabric, books, and all our boxes of craft and art supply. Be green and make your carbon foot print smaller. oh and this is not true of Big TV's because they use electricity, so men can not use the same line on us in return.  Grin
Strawberry

This is the exact same argument I make , except substituting the word "books" for "yarn".  Roll Eyes I'm working on figuring a way to use old books as a building material next....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cmouse01
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009 11:24:27 AM »

Here is how you justify stashes.
This is the exact same argument I make , except substituting the word "books" for "yarn".  Roll Eyes I'm working on figuring a way to use old books as a building material next....

And what if you have stashes of books AND yarn?  Is that even more energy efficient?!  (DH probably won't think so - he just shakes his head at me).
I've just recently organized my stash.  I'm running out of closets to take over - the office one has shelves and is full of books; and I'm in the process of converting a guest bedroom into a craft room - so the closet space in there is going to have yarn:

This is not everything.  I just found another tote and bought some more yarn this week as well.  My storage solution was to create "crates" out of some boxes we had around the house.  I originally was trying to store in totes in the basement - but having them upstairs and visible is priceless!  I keep re-discovering yarn I'd forgotten about ... oh, yeah, I was going to work on that project NEXT!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009 04:40:33 PM »

I am supremely jealous and want all of your yarn. All of it. From all of you. THE YARN WILL BE MINE.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
snapeswife
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009 08:59:54 PM »

maybe my stash isn't that bad.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

antarcticraft

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009 06:09:18 AM »

My stash is pretty small right now as I just donated a bunch of stuff to friends and Goodwill (mostly acrylic). I've become more of a yarn junky since I started crocheting and now I don't like a lot of the Red Heart/etc. that I started out with.  Cheesy I have a yarn-eating cat, so I have to be careful not to leave my stash out  - it has to go in bins.

You guys need to do a Ripple-along! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
bluelodge
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009 08:34:26 AM »

Wow!  You guys all have me beat.  I thought I had a lot of yarn. I used to work in the yarn/fabric dept. of a store and had tons. 
Have you looked at the long thread about the star afgan?
I just started the star afgan to use up some of my stash.  it's easy and pretty.  I only have acrylics and want to use them up so I can buy some better wool yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Photography Tips
How to Use Reflectors
How to Create Composition with the Rule of Thirds
Discover the World Press Photo Exhibit
How to Understand the Depth Of Field in Digital Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...