A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cleaning up Crochet-alongs: Thoughts on organization. Feedback wanted!  (Read 4495 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009 04:38:41 PM »

Just my two cents here, maybe this would be too complicated BUT I think along with "Organizing", "Active", and "Dormant", the 'organizer' should put a guesstimate of how many active participants they have. It doesn't have to be exact, but the title could go something like this "Active: Crochet Cardigan-along (20+ hookers)" that would give me a better idea as to what is going on. Also, sometimes I just like looking through the corchet alongs to see what other people have done before I commit to the proposed pattern, so if i know there's a lot of people who have done it I'd be more likely to browse the thread.
P.S. I also think active crochet alongs should be encouraged to post a thumbnail picture. Like others have said, I like to visually see what they're talking about before looking further.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
imthecutest81
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009 09:46:24 AM »

I know this has been a little "Dormant" but I thought I would give my opinion since it doesnt look like these changes have been made yet.

I like the idea of active, proposed, dormant titles on the threads.  It is really hard to tell right now is anyone is actually still working in the CALs.  I know I have been interested in a couple of them but then noticed the last post was like 3 years ago and though it is kind of lame for my to crochet-a-long with myself.

I think that putting a rough date of when it started is a good idea too.  Knowing that people are still active in a CAL from 2005, might make me take a second look at it.

Just my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Jessica~
antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009 09:30:07 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! It's definitely still on my list of things to do, but given that it's the end of my last semester of classes and I'm trying to finish prelims and other requirements to be a dissertator (I'm a PhD student) my "free time" has been a bit limited. I'll definitely get to it at some point in the coming months! Smiley And continued feedback is always appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
nmcmillen2006
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2009 08:41:27 PM »

sounds like a good idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lifethyme
Thyme:: Deadly, but awesome.

Thyme::Deadly, but awesome.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009 07:53:00 AM »

Yeah, I think "Dormant" would be better than closed, because if it said "Closed" then many ppl would click away from it instead of on it.
"Reopened" or "Reactive" would be cool too because then you would know it was a past CAL and has been revived like a crocheted zombie.
I also like the rough idea on how many active ppl are participating.
Proposed is great too, to let you know it hasn't been started but might.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm Anette.
MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011 03:04:45 AM »

Sorting would be a brilliant idea. I haven't read everything( i meant the comments) so i don't really know if i missed anything Tongue
Well, it'll help because i'm usually sad when i open a crochet along with such a cute picture and get excited while it loads only to find out that it's closed already. Not that i can't make it anymore but it'll mean i missed the fun!
So if the title says CLOSED, i'll know not to keep hopes up to participate in it.
It should be put into action, really Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Improve Your Handwriting
Using Twitter to Exercise Creative Writing Skills
Round About the Earth Book Trailer
Kevin Burrows and Lawrence Schlossman Discuss Their Book
Biggest Surprise You Came Across?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...