A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Repo! The Genetic Opera! (The SWAP!) Signups Feb 17-March 7 sendouts March 31  (Read 11069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smashu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009 10:37:40 PM »

I just got back from the Toronto Repo shadow cast vs. rocky horror shadow cast double bill! It was fucking ausome. They put Rocky Horror to SHAME!! lol Wheeeeee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
Radmom
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009 05:50:01 AM »

LOL that is awesome! I was a cast manager for a Rocky Troop for a few years, and played ALL of the characters at any given point. Now, here is the sick part....LOL My first time seeing Rocky I was 5 years old and it was 1977. They were already in its first 2 years of RPG'ing the movie. My mothers best friend took me because she was baby sitting me. LOL

I went to see it a few more times really young, then at 13 I became hooked. If I have any advice in this day and age. Back then....the net was not like is today...we had bbs boards....anyway, we also did not have digital cameras on our cell phones...cell phones what were they(Tongue) Oh ya, big brick things that only the well off could afford. LOL

Take pictures, pictures, pictures. I have ZERO memories of my fun years of teenage life, and pushing close to my 20's. 

I think my favorite nights were, when we played switch night. I dunno if any other casts did it, do it, or not. But incase not, all the girls played the male parts and the boys played the girl parts.

I still love to this day....My husband always played Chuckie Grey, yeah, I was evil. I hid the list I was working on for one particular switch night, that is right I made him play Janet.  It was hilarious! Of course, it is one of those things you have to be there for.Tongue

So, with me working with so many different casts over the years, to say, That Repo:Genetic Opera is here forever!!!! It is saying a lot!

Also, to have transitioned my 3 kids age ranging 16, 14, 9 (all of them are damn close to their next bday) from being Rocky fans to die hard Repofreaks! I'd say I am doing my part! LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009 10:03:35 AM »

So, with me working with so many different casts over the years, to say, That Repo:Genetic Opera is here forever!!!! It is saying a lot!

Also, to have transitioned my 3 kids age ranging 16, 14, 9 (all of them are damn close to their next bday) from being Rocky fans to die hard Repofreaks! I'd say I am doing my part! LOL

Okay seriously, I wish you were my mom. Or my big sister at least. hahahah! I am totally jealous of your ausome life of championing epic musicals! And rock operas of course:)

I was a late bloomer on the Rocky Horror front, watching it that is. Weirdly enough, the actual soundtrack was one of the first cds I ever listened to. When my parents first bought a cd player, right when the players were starting to become something that people were buying for their homes, they got a really random array of stuff to play. Being as I was young and there were no kids inspired tunes, I grabbed up the few that had the coolest colored artwork on them and sure enough RH was at the top LOL

Repo though, is another story. I heard about it long before they were done making it and was ravenous to see. They actually shot it in Toronto where I live, which is AUSOME! They premiered in in Quebec for the Canadian Release but soon after we had the Toronto release at the big horror movie festival here and it was AMAZING! We got to chat to Terrence that night and he came to hang out in a pub afterwards with alot of the audience & the costume designer, sf/x artist, various smaller cast members, etc did a q & a. It was brilliant! They also did the wide theatre release here so they had special events every night with q&a's, props (the pavi masks and blind mag's cloak) and a zydrate bar. God, I love this city! Smiley

The shadow cast does indeed switch gender roles, though I think a few of the roles are static. The Repo Man last night was a woman, as well as Rotti! It was extremely clever and amusing, I'm insanely impressed with them. Yay! I can't wait to do this swap... 

The Genterns are two of the most ausome girls who have made the shadow cast the amazingness that it is (I'm Amber lol):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
Radmom
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009 03:12:48 PM »

smashu---So, how much stuff have you made already for acting in or just dressing up the parts?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009 09:17:54 PM »

anyone here have the repo deluxe soundtrack from the web site? if so i was wondering how many MB's it is. im trying to download it and just cant seem to wait long long enough.....also sending info soon for his swap!

Jeanne, mine (with the media bundle) is 486 MBs. It's totally worth it... set it up to run at night or something, when you're not using your computer. xD

I'm so glad there are so many people interested in this swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009 09:03:52 AM »

I just saw this movie last night and it was awesome, I might have to sign up for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
UnRuli

Artist/Illustrator/Professor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009 02:21:12 PM »

(insert whining tone) ------->   I SO want to do this swap, but with my class project schedule and a paid job to complete a painting by the end of April (don't even get the details for it until Tuesday) I just plain can't.  I just don't know if I could manage an 8 point swap by the end of the month.

<------- sobbing
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009 04:02:41 PM »

totallyradmom0f3 - Don't feel too bad!  I first saw it when I was 11 in 99'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anya Kase
There are no Happy Endings without a Villian.

The Evil Twin since 1976

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009 01:49:09 PM »

Justin Kase and I are trying to figure out which one of us is going to sign up for this swap. (we take turns, he gets to do one swap, I get to do one swap, ect.) We have to share our crafty brains LOL!

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going green,.....Can I have your hairspray?" };-}~
http://wists.com/AnyaKase
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009 07:07:53 AM »

I couldn't pass this swap up. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CoverGirl and Hunger Games Makeup Collection Revealed
How to Apply Makeup on the Go
Daytime Eye Makeup Tutorial
Tips For Plump Lips and Air Dried Hair
Nicki Minaj Releases Minajesty Perfume Ad
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...