A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
700 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pollini Dress Sewalong?  (Read 11158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009 03:46:17 AM »

this is a great pattern and would look fantastic if upsized for more curvaceous crafters, the empire waistline would smooth over a big tummy (like mine!) but with out gathers into the waistband which make me look pregnant.

Sadly I would be about about 6 sizes larger than that pattern and it seems like a lot of work to resize it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Opalgryphon
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009 05:14:57 AM »

Hmmm.....I wonder how it would look sleeveless?  The Texas winter isn't going to last much longer, so it would be a waste for me to make one with long sleeves Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EstherR
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009 06:54:10 AM »

That is very pretty..I'm tempted to try too but if I get time is another matter entirely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Birdythemighty
Distracted by shiney

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009 07:00:36 AM »

what a beautiful dress, i can't wait to see what everyone comes up iwth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lok-Tar Ogar!

Birdy's Blog: http://birdythemighty.blogspot.com/
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009 07:29:59 AM »

phoenixfiredesigns, I think you're being a little hard on nofury. I don't think she meant to insult you and she never said anything about anorexia equaling size four. I understand why you're sensitive, though. I have a friend who is very small (size 0) at, about, 5'4" and people are always telling her that she's too thin and it frustrates her, too.

My size is a little larger than 4, I believe (slightly too curvaceous for a 4!), so I'll try and adapt it and see how it goes. Wink I have a feeling I'll fudge everything up! I'm terrible at adjusting things and don't know where to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions about websites that could help me figure out what should be adjusted and what should be left alone? Or maybe I'll just have to do my best not to mess it up?  Grin

Good luck to everyone trying. Wink

I think no mater your size its frustrating sometimes (I'm petite too, size 4-6, 5' 2") Its hard to find clothes that fit perfectly.  Thats why making them is easier for me!

But to answer your question cassiege  I don't have any web sites, but I can do my best to describe what to alter.   
1) the distance from bust dart to bust dart.  If say the patern mesures say 4 inches between the bust darts, and you've got 6inches, Then make it so.    Also you'll want to measure the distance form underarm to bust dart, because that measurement  will also change.
2) top of shoulder to the underbust.  you'll want to make sure thats long enough to cover your bosom
3)on this dresss, maybe the band at the waist might need to be slightly wider.  But thats just an opinion of mine.
4)For the botom of this dress, the design seams in the frontjust need to be place corectly on your body, so that might take a bit of fiddiling, but  measure where that should be then add the appropriate amount to each side of the center peice, then do the same with the outer pieces. 

Hopefully that makes sense  And if anyone see's anything that I missed or that I got wrong, let me know.

XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009 07:43:11 AM »

Wow... if only I was a size 4! Smiley

A size 4?!?!?! Wow. Guess I won't be making this one after all. I can honestly say that I have no desire to be that small!

I've been able to adjust all of the burda patterns pretty easily, so don't be discouraged by the small size. I wear a plus, and there are maybe 3 patterns on there for plus sizes.

If it's your first time, I would recommend resizing the burdastyle azalea dress. It's a muli size so you can get a feel for the places where a pattern size difference matters and it's a pretty simple pattern and a cute dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
thanate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009 07:51:17 AM »

That's a cute dress-- thanks for bringing the pattern to everybody's attention!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009 08:25:34 AM »

Thanks for the information, Belladune.
Don't know that I'll be making this dress any time soon, but it'll come in handy for other projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hamiltontankgirl
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009 08:37:12 AM »

I would love to do this dress as well, but I'm a size 12-14. If I feel adventageous enough, maybe I'll alter it myself.

If someone DOES manage to alter the dress to a much larger size and has tips/pics, I'd love to see them for reference!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make cool stuff and do cool things, too bad I'm not cool...
unaz
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009 08:40:00 AM »

That is a gorgeous dress, I would love to try altering it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Message From Heidi Montag
James Franco and Michael Cunningham Talk About Youth
Meet Author Jeffery Deaver
Charles R. Smith Jr. Reads a Poem by Langston Hughes
Annie Leonard Talks About The Story of Stuff
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...