A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pollini Dress Sewalong?  (Read 11381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pollyanna On Speed
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009 09:07:21 PM »

Love It!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nofury

With every breath of honesty, I strip before you.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009 09:12:56 PM »

Wow... if only I was a size 4! Smiley

A size 4?!?!?! Wow. Guess I won't be making this one after all. I can honestly say that I have no desire to be that small!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2009! 26/50
Flickr!
Wist!
"We are all trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why." --K. Vonnegut
ShaynaElise
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009 09:23:56 PM »

Wow! That is a super cute dress! I would love to see pictures when it is finished.  I would love to make it but my sewing skills when it comes to clothing suck....and I am far from an American size 4   Undecided  I should really learn how to adapt patterns to fit there are so many cute things that are way too small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Atellix

I'm not obsessed. I'm excessively enthusiastic.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009 09:33:36 PM »

Thanks so much for posting this! I'm going to have to make it a little bigger, but it looks like a wonderful pattern! Thanks for sharing!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hardyjenni
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009 09:45:03 PM »

thanks Cassiege!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I try to be crafty in the kitchen! Visit my budget cooking page!

http://tinyurl.com/STLmeals
phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009 10:19:44 PM »

A size 4?!?!?! Wow. Guess I won't be making this one after all. I can honestly say that I have no desire to be that small!
What's wrong with being a size four? It's not like anorexia thin or anything! I'm 5'5" and about 118lbs and a size four. I'm a petite-framed woman with hips and curves and you'd never in a million years think I was anything other than exactly the size I should be. I think your perception of a size four is VERY skewered. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
ariane.phillips
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009 10:34:18 PM »

What's wrong with being a size four? It's not like anorexia thin or anything! I'm 5'5" and about 118lbs and a size four. I'm a petite-framed woman with hips and curves and you'd never in a million years think I was anything other than exactly the size I should be. I think your perception of a size four is VERY skewered. Undecided

Oh goodness - I am sorry!  Never meant to offend or anything... I deleted m y comments to ensure no further hard feelings are endured.  Thanks and sorry.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009 10:45:47 PM by ariane.phillips » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nixiefee
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009 01:28:31 AM »

If I can get off my duff and basically get time to finish my dress form, then I would love to make this dress as well.  However it will take some MAJOR resizing of the pattern as I never have been and never will be a size four.

As for the phoneixfiredesigns...lighten up.  I don't think nofury was trying to be insulting.  She was stating that she does not ever want to be a size 4.  When the average sized women in the USA is a size 14, a size four IS small.  I couldn't fit a size four, nor would I ever want to be a size 4.  It would be WAY to small for me.  No one was saying that a size four is anorexic or un-womanly...just that it was small.  Can you honestly say you are big?  My oldest daughter (7 years old right now) will probably be about that size when she grows up.  There is nothing wrong with a size 4.  Just like there is nothing wrong with a size 14 or a size 24.  It's just a number....one is incredibly small, the other is mid size, the last is larger...but they are all beautiful on the right persons.

For all of you curvaceous crafters out there that cannot fit a size 4, if I ever get time to enlarge this pattern and make this dress, I will post pictures.

Nixie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassiege

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009 02:01:12 AM »

phoenixfiredesigns, I think you're being a little hard on nofury. I don't think she meant to insult you and she never said anything about anorexia equaling size four. I understand why you're sensitive, though. I have a friend who is very small (size 0) at, about, 5'4" and people are always telling her that she's too thin and it frustrates her, too.

My size is a little larger than 4, I believe (slightly too curvaceous for a 4!), so I'll try and adapt it and see how it goes. Wink I have a feeling I'll fudge everything up! I'm terrible at adjusting things and don't know where to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions about websites that could help me figure out what should be adjusted and what should be left alone? Or maybe I'll just have to do my best not to mess it up?  Grin

Good luck to everyone trying. Wink
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009 02:04:12 AM by cassiege » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a very sad craft blog: http://cassiege.blogspot.com/
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009 02:47:04 AM »

This is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait until I finally get that sewing machine I was promised.  :,(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Clay Pottery
How to Make Ceramic Art
Top 5 High Tech Public Art Masterpieces
Ed Seese Glass Marbles Artist in Woodford Virginia Part 1/2
Ed Seese Glass Marbles Artist in Woodford Virginia Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...