A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Charcoal Drawing - ADULT CONTENT (nude model)  (Read 778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cross_my_hooks
With Love, Crochet

Let's make magic!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2009 02:45:14 PM »

I am a second semester art student...though this is my third year in college (I couldn't decide on a major Sad so now I am going to be here for a fifth year...I know..sad huh?) ....and I am in my first Life Drawing class.  I can not draw worth anything but i was super excited today when I was able to crank these bad boys (girls i mean) out:

my fave part: the knees....which i put first so nudity won't show up on the front page Smiley

This first one is not quite as finished as the second one below.  on this one i just focused on the knees..

I was so proud of myself and so was my instructor.  I was like I have no idea who is drawing with my hand, but I love it!!

ps. her bottom really isn't that long...i took them at an angle so she came out a little wonky.  but that one was the best to show shading Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009 02:47:34 PM by cross_my_hooks » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009 10:01:00 PM »

those are pretty awesome for your first class. Your line work is really really harsh though. Try starting more gently with your strokes, or with a lighter material to give yourself more room to play with your line quality. Keep thinking to yourself that you're drawing flesh and flesh is soft, silky and sensual.  I'm sure you'll be even more excited with your results.  I really like how you're caught the pose for the second one. It's unfortunate that you didn't get to her hand. The big white space is really distracting. I know you're really in love with it now, but once you have a couple other good ones under your belt try going back and reworking it a bit to include the hands, her lower legs and feet and her head.

Also never fold your work. You never know which pieces you'll want for your portfolio. A zippered portfolio that will fit 18X24 sheets shouldn't be too expensive, and you'll be very grateful in the end for having it. Even  if you can't find one you can make a flat carrying case out of the back of your pads of newsprint or cardboard to keep your work flat and in good condition.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
cross_my_hooks
With Love, Crochet

Let's make magic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009 06:42:58 AM »

thanks so much for your comment.  Yeah, I was just proud I got the idea of the form Smiley  These were just practice ones on newsprint so I don't believe I have any intention in using them in my portfolio...though I may try to flatten it a bit more.

Thanks so much for your help....I will try it and hopefully I get better Wink Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009 08:13:19 AM »

You can still iron your drawing to get it to be flatter. Squirt the back, protect your ironing board with a scrap piece of newsprint and iron the back with your iron set to low. It leaves your drawing a it crinkly but a bit crinkly is a lot less detracting than a bit crease down the centre. Like I said, you never know which pieces you'll want for your portfolio, and being able to choose any of your work is always nice when you come to portfolio review crunch time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sexy Short Hairstyle Tips
How to Dye Hair at Home
How to Create a Messy Ponytail
How to Do the Slip Knot Braid
Styling Curly Hair - How to Style Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...