A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3 summer cardigans finished.  (Read 2022 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cathyc
« on: February 16, 2009 03:39:41 AM »

I think if I were banished to a desert island with any amount of yarn and equipment, but only one pattern - http://ysolda.com/store/sweaters/liesl/ Liesl - is the one I'd take.

It went so well in the Rowan All-Seasons cotton, that I had to try another one, this time modelled by Andrea.

Can't say I'm SO happy with my next offering, Easy Lace Cardigan by Barbara Khouri...

It is just alright. I'm hoping that a wash will leave it with more give. I don't recommend the yarn, Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere. The pattern itself, which you can get from www.patternfish.com is certainly a great intro to lace. Really the pattern is only one row long - the WS is all pearl and the RS has this one line of pattern which is shifted a few stitches on alternate rows. Honestly it'll take about 10 seconds to pick it up.

Well, that's the last of my summer knitting, although there is still a couple of weeks of it to go. I have a couple of wool projects on the go. They'll be my next report!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cathy
Melbourne, Australia
http://cathychua.wordpress.com
LivvyB
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009 05:35:09 AM »

Lovely!! I am dying to try my hand at making a nice little cardigan...just may have to give this a try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phlegethon
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009 07:22:09 AM »

They are so pretty. I love the white one, so perfect for the summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every angel is terrible.

wists
ravelry
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009 08:27:06 AM »

So pretty! I HAD to download that feather and fan pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
cathyc
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009 09:29:48 PM »

So pretty! I HAD to download that feather and fan pattern!

I think the thing that is most amazing about Liesl as a pattern is that it is INCREDIBLY flexible. The first one I made, I only had 6 balls of yarn and was really a bit worried about that. But because you are knitting down, as soon as I'd reached a length that was my acceptable minimum, I did the sleeves and came back to the body, knitting down til I'd run out of yarn. Perfect!

The pattern includes options for high and low necks and sleeve caps instead of long sleeves. Originally written for a chunky gauge, there are SO many size options that it is easy to find one to fit in with a different sized gauge.

Finally, it is the easiest thing in the world to turn into a different season's outfit. I'm thinking chunky yarn for winter.

Oh and REALLY finally: I haven't seen one yet not look great on all body types. What a bonus!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cathy
Melbourne, Australia
Nan2one
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009 05:38:44 AM »

Hi All, I have just found this forum and all the stuff crafters get up to is fantastic, I love this cardigan and have used the fan and feather patterns on many baby clothes this is a modern up to date garment will be making it as soon as I figure my way around this site, Well Done to all you clever ladies oh and gentlemen of course !! Smiley Nan2one xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
niqueseveryday
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009 06:07:59 AM »

These are great!!! Perfect for the summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Salihan

Salihan Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009 01:39:58 AM »

Those cardigans look very lovely! I especially like the black Liesl. I've not thought of using black for a summer cardigan before but I imagine it would look elegant when going out to restaurants on cooler summer nights.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blogging at http://salihan.com. See you there!
cathyc
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009 01:28:17 PM »

Those cardigans look very lovely! I especially like the black Liesl.

Actually, It is more like dark blue-grey, not so easy to get those dark shades right in the photographing! But I do LOVE the colour. Actually, I had two packets in this shade and knitted an Elsabeth Lavold cardigan/jacket with about 14 of the balls. Unfortunately the first time I wore it my mother decided she wanted it! How could I say no? (Note: always knit for the person who does your tax returns...) I was lucky that I had enough left for the Liesl and it doesn't look mean like not quite enough yarn went into it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cathy
Melbourne, Australia
sofiasweetheart

little red riding hood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009 01:55:53 AM »

But because you are knitting down, as soon as I'd reached a length that was my acceptable minimum, I did the sleeves and came back to the body, knitting down til I'd run out of yarn.

Great idea! I'm just about to start making my first Liesl and I am worried about not having enough yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
High-Low Hems Are Perfect For Summer
CFDA Fashion Awards Winners And Red Carpet Style
Get Trendy In Sporty Chic Shorts
Finding the Perfect Summer Dress
Angelina Jolie Makes a Sexy Statement at Her First Post-Surgery Red Carpet
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...