A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
344 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: honest opinoins on my new website  (Read 623 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shellyfrc
« on: February 15, 2009 06:19:21 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm new to web business and these boards. I need real feedback on my website -setup and ease of navigation, etc. - from non relatives Cheesy. I know they mean well but I don't think they would tell me if it was just awful or something. thanks for taking the time to look & I appreciate honesty, no need to sugar coat. I'm trying to ease my nerves about jumping into all of this.http://www.ornamentboutique.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelly Cuthbertson
www.ornamentboutique.com
emcharl

Crafter + Photographer + Website Designer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009 02:05:34 AM »

Ok here goes Smiley

First glance - I like it! Professional and elegant.

Love your logo.

Navigation... I feel like it would be better with the links left aligned - easier to read / see what you have to offer.

To many ads on the left / to much white space at the bottom of the homepage. You could easily fix that by adding another gorgeous photo at the bottom Smiley

Santa's top 100 list.... A little outdated?!!

What I said about the navigation looking better left aligned... The same for your product pages. Generally it's better to have paragraphs etc left aligned as it's easier to read.

On this page - http://www.ornamentboutique.com/item_16/XOXO.htm you have some code showing right at the bottom... Not sure if it's on other pages too.

Design and color wise I really like it. Just those niggling centered text blocks that get me. Smiley Great Job

Emily

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website Design, SEO & Maintenance ---- http://www.emele-website-services.com
Handmade Cards & Gifts --- http://www.emelegifts.com
Photography --- http://www.zazzle.com/emele1*
Shellyfrc
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009 07:29:30 AM »

Thanks for pointing out the text at bottom of pages, I had not even noticed that! Problem fixed. I have been debating about aligning categories to left. My template is a premade so I'm not sure if designer will change and I am clueless when it comes to code. Undecided Thanks for the feedback
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelly Cuthbertson
www.ornamentboutique.com
neijie
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009 03:00:22 PM »

Looks really good to me!
Doesn't look "cheap" in any way.
One thing that would be good, I think, is if the "title" ovals (where it says shop, details, etc.) where links, just because that's the first instinct...
If that makes sense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If The Flintstones has taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.
Shellyfrc
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009 01:26:56 PM »

Just an added note- I would also appreciate any feedback you may have on my ornaments. thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelly Cuthbertson
www.ornamentboutique.com
neijie
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009 02:34:25 PM »

Oops, sorry about that!
I think they are really neat! I especially like the XOXO one...I think it's the bright colors. Close second is the green and black one, that one is cool.
I know my mom would LOVE these!
They look so difficult to make!
They are very proffesional looking as well.
...So, good job!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If The Flintstones has taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.
SciFunk
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009 03:52:06 PM »

Looks really good to me!
Doesn't look "cheap" in any way.
One thing that would be good, I think, is if the "title" ovals (where it says shop, details, etc.) where links, just because that's the first instinct...
If that makes sense!

I agree totally with this--gorgeous, professional site, but I want to click on those oval buttons. Wink I would also try to get a bunch of stuff up ASAP. I know you're just starting, but I don't like clicking on a category and only having one thing show up. Maybe if you don't have a bunch of stuff for, say, St. Patrick's Day, you could just group it into a "Miscellaneous Holidays" category?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...