A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leprechaun Door Hanger  (Read 2276 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tetley56
Tutorial Contributor

"Never let go. Dreams take time."

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2009 12:03:32 PM »

I saw something like this on the net and thought I could make one myself. This is what I came up with.

Size: 12 1/2 inches in diameter
Materials:
Use worsted weight yarn; in dark green,lighter green, pink, yellow and small amount of red for mouth, crochet hook size 4.5, plastic canvas, googly eyes, pompom (for nose). You can also use Shamrock buttons and a small fabric bow instead of crocheting ones.
Gauge: not important. I tend to crochet tight, so gauge may vary.
Note: All done in single chain .

Face
Chain (ch) 4, join to form a ring, ch 1, 9 single crochet (s c) in ring, do not join this or following rounds. Place a marker at beginning of each round.
2nd Round. 2 sc in each s c.
3rd Round. * 1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, repeat from * all around.
4th Round. * 1 sc in each of the next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc, repeat from * all around.
5th Round. * 1 sc in each of the next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc, repeat from * all around.
6th Round. Working in s c increase in every 5th stitch (st) .
Work 1 round even.(7)
8th Round. Increase in every 6th st.
9th Round. Increase in every 7th st.
Work 1 round even.
11th Round. Increase in every 8th st.
Work 1 round even.(12)
13th Round. Increase in every 9th st.
14th Round. Increase in every 10th st.
15th Round. Increase in every 11th st.
16th Round. Increase in every 12th st. Work 2 rounds even, slip stitch (sI st) in next 2 sts to even round, fasten off.

Ears: (make 2)
Ch 4, 8 dc in 4th ch from hook and fasten off.

Shamrock: (make 2) in lighter green yarn
Chain 4, slip stitch through first chain to form a ring.
(Leaf 1): Chain 4, triple crochet three times in ring, chain 3, single crochet once through ring.
(Leaf 2): Chain 3, triple crochet three times in ring, chain 3, single crochet once through ring.
(Leaf 3): Chain 3, triple crochet three times in ring, chain 3, single crochet once through ring.
(Stem): Chain 6. Pull yarn through final chain, knot off and trim excess yarn.
Knot off yarn at beginning of work and trim excess yarn.
[OR]
Use Shamrock buttons like I did.

Hat:
Brim:
Starting chain: Chain 22.
Rnd 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in back loop only of next 20 ch; 3 sc in last ch, turn sideways and continue along other side of the foundation ch, sc in remaining loop of ea of next 20 ch, 2 sc in first ch of this rnd, sl st to first sc. Turn.
Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in same place as sl st, 2 sc in ea of next 2 sc, sc in ea of next 20 sc, 2 sc in ea of next 3 sc, sc in ea of next 20 sc, join with a sl st to first ch. Turn.
Rnd 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in same place as sl st, sc in ea of next 21 sc, (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc) 3 times, sc in ea of next 20 sc, (2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc) twice, join with sl st to first ch. Turn.
(Continue in this manner, increasing 3 stitches around the curve on each round by placing one more stitch between each increase on each additional round, 6 increases total per round). Fasten off and weave in ends.

Top:
Sc 14, dc in 2nd ch from hook. Sc in each sc across, ch 1 and turn. Continue for 5 - 6 rows. Fasten off.
Sew to middle of brim.

Collar: (with green)
Row 1: Join green to face about 4 sc down from ears, and across to 4 sc from other ear. Turn.
Row 2: ch 2, dc in same sc space and dc to end. Fasten off.

For bow: [or] use a fabric bow.
Chain 12. Sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next 2 chains, dc in next 3 chains, hdc in next chain, sc in next 3 chains, 3 sc in last chain. Working on opposite side of starting chain, ch 1, sc in next 3 chains, hdc in next chain, dc in next 3 chains, hdc in next 2 chains, sc in next chain. Join and fasten off.
(Or: With green, ch 10
Round 1: Sc in the 2nd ch from hook, hdc in the next ch, dc in each of the next 2 ch's, (2 trc in the next ch) 2 times, 2 dc in the next ch, hdc in the next ch, sc in the last ch, ch 1; working along the other side in the base of the foundation ch's, sc in the first ch, hdc in the next ch, 2 dc in the next ch, (2 trc in the next ch) 2 times, dc in each of the next 2 ch's, hdc in the next ch, sc in the next ch, ch 1; join with a sl st in the first ch. Fasten off. Weave in ends. )
Sew to middle of collar.

Finishing: Glue eyes and nose to face. Sew ears on either side of face, even with eyes. Sew on mouth. Sew one shamrock to hat above left ear, and one to right side of collar. Sew hat to top of face. Once finished, cut out plastic canvas to fit face and hat. Sew to back of face. Attach ribbon for hat band. Crochet a sc chain long enough for hanger and sew onto back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010 02:26:24 PM »

Great job, he's really cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Faux Leather Charms with Tanya Memme
Outdoor Advent Calendar with Sophie Uliano
Learn How to Tie the Perfect Holiday Bow with Tanya Memme
Making DVD Christmas Ornaments with Tanya Memme
Upcycled CD Disco Ball & Jewelry - Do It, Gurl
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...