A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 301,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT - Anyone up for a 200 Crochet Blocks Crochetalong?  (Read 15448 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nmcmillen2006
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2009 08:39:23 PM »

The colors are so pretty. I have 3 bags of granny squares that I have done and in different sizes. Don't have anyone to make afghans for. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewHelpMe
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2009 08:11:55 AM »

Hi, all!  I haven't heard from atla yet for this week's block choice.  If I don't hear from her by noon US Pacific time, does somebody else want to choose this week's square?  If I don't hear from anybody, I'll choose this one, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewHelpMe
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2009 08:15:38 AM »

Don't have anyone to make afghans for. Sad

Oh, my goodness!  Make it for YOURSELF!!!  I never make time to craft for myself.  I either craft for gifts to give to others or for swaps I'm in (which is a shame because I make some cool stuff, if I do say so myself!). 

With all different sizes of granny squares, you can make one of those cool Babbette-style afghans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2009 11:10:01 AM »

The colors are so pretty. I have 3 bags of granny squares that I have done and in different sizes. Don't have anyone to make afghans for. Sad

Or you could find a charity that needs blankets/afghans, - a homeless shelter, a women's shelter, etc.

Hi, all!  I haven't heard from atla yet for this week's block choice.  If I don't hear from her by noon US Pacific time, does somebody else want to choose this week's square?  If I don't hear from anybody, I'll choose this one, too!

I've been wanting to try the tricolor square, but its rated three hooks. Anyone up for that challenge?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2009 01:34:55 PM »

I'd happily try the Tricolor square  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
SewHelpMe
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2009 07:30:40 PM »

Quote from: playswithneedles
I've been wanting to try the tricolor square, but its rated three hooks. Anyone up for that challenge?!
[/quote

Tricolor square it is!  I don't have my book in front of me so I'll have to look up the number.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2009 11:23:37 AM »

I started the Tricolor Square last night. It was probably too late to be doing a three hook rated square! I don't think it is that hard, but the directions don't seem quite right. I started the third row, but frogged it. Row 2 is confusing. When you are doing the cluster stitches you don't put 5 (or 6) in EACH of the tr, you use all 5 or 6 tr on a side to make the cluster stitch (on the first side you end up with 11 loops on your hook, other sides 13!). Hope that makes sense.

I think row three isn't correct in where it says to attach color B. I'll have to look at it again and give it another try.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

speedingpullet
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2009 11:02:41 AM »

I'm having trouble with the Tricolor Block too. Huh

I may be reading the pattern wrong - but I'm ending up with a whole lot of extra chains while creating the top of the clusters in round 2.
I'm reading the pattern as 'make the cluster, chain 5, slip stitch into the middle st of the previous round's chain 3, ch 5 to get to the next place to start the cluster'.
And, its obvious from the picture, that Yarn B/Round 3 is worked into the 3-chain space that made up the non-cluster part of the first color....so what do I do with the "ch5, sl st into 2nd st of 3-ch, ch5" part? I'm getting a pretty and very lacy design, bur not the tight 'fanlike' pattern that yarn B seems to make with yarn A, as I'm using the 'extra' chains from yarn A to create the yarn B parts.

Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? Anyone have any advice? I'm pretty new to crochet patterns so it may just be me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 29, 2009 10:13:57 PM »

That's exactly what was hanging me up on rd 3 and why I frogged it. If you follow the directions, it doesn't look like the picture. I'm going to try again soon. This square was on the errata (is that what its called?) page, and I believe it was this round. But it reads exactly the same. I'm wondering if they didn't get the errata correct!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: May 29, 2009 10:17:50 PM »

Hi everyone! I know I don't post very often but I do actually follow along with the patterns. I especially like to use them for the granny square swap  but I'm kind of confused as to what square you guys are on. Something about a tricolor square? what number square is it in the book?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Mussels Moiree
How to Make Asian-Style Chicken Noodle Soup
How to Prepare Indian Spiced Rice Salad
How to Cook Barbecued Lime and Lemon Grass Pork
How to Cook Mini Lamb Satays
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...