A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 305,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Coiled Fabric Bowls! (tons of photos)  (Read 39372 times)
Tags for this thread: fabric_bowl  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009 07:46:50 PM »

That is really lovely!!  I'm sure Superhooker loved it!!  It's such a neat idea and could be easily used to make some fun placemats or maybe a rug.  LOVE!!

Yeah, well I told Mimi we'd all have to have a craft day and make them some time because they are VERY inexpensive (the green one, for instance, cost less than $3 to make) and we could pool our scraps for them.  But we'd have to be a small group, because 7 or 8 sewing machines in one room, yeah... no.  Cheesy

I'm so glad you like them, thank you!  Smiley  And I thought they'd also be cool for coasters or potholders/trivets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlankGirl

im a ghost gone mad, an angel in the dopesmoke

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009 08:02:15 PM »

lol......i seem to live in the only state in the us that is the most uncrafty!!!!my dream would be to have a sewing group........i think im the only person that i know that sews.........anyway(off topic) yeah it would be great fun dumping all the scraps i can find on the ground and thinking about color combo's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I paint these little pictures with a temporary poison. each one just like the other. i wonder why i even bother.
crfati dumpster bitch
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009 02:51:22 AM »

they're really pretty !
I wanna try making something like these for a really long time-
so thanx for link to da tutorial !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009 05:58:55 AM »

That is really lovely!!  I'm sure Superhooker loved it!!  It's such a neat idea and could be easily used to make some fun placemats or maybe a rug.  LOVE!!

Yeah, well I told Mimi we'd all have to have a craft day and make them some time because they are VERY inexpensive (the green one, for instance, cost less than $3 to make) and we could pool our scraps for them.  But we'd have to be a small group, because 7 or 8 sewing machines in one room, yeah... no.  Cheesy

I'm so glad you like them, thank you!  Smiley  And I thought they'd also be cool for coasters or potholders/trivets.

That sounds like fun!!  I don't know if I can sew in a group though.  I might just swap scraps and watch.  Smiley  I'm glad we'll have you to teach us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThirdMargaret

I'm not happy, I'm cheerful. There's a difference.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009 07:37:58 AM »

Wow, those bowls are beautiful!  Very impressive work!  I've bookmarked them, also, 'cause I sure need another project... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009 07:55:36 AM »

Beautiful! I bought one on Etsy for my mom for Christmas, I had trouble finding bright colors rather than muted country colors, these are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wendellina

CMF since '75 \../ >.< \../

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009 08:12:26 AM »

Could those be anymore awesome!  You color choices are phenominal.  I will have to add to the to do list!

Thanks for sharing!

---- forgot to ask, what type of cord?  Cotton blend???
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009 08:15:23 AM by Wendellina - Reason: question... » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009 08:40:25 AM »

Wow!  I just looked at that tutorial.  What a lot of work!!  You did an amazing job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fusbdgt
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009 09:08:54 AM »

ACK! I love them they look great, I love the idea too, in fact, I tried to make one (for a swap also) but totally failed, I'm not sure what happened, when I was sewing at the beginning I would get around about the 3rd turn and then my machine would get all clogged up you know with the crazy nasty loops on the side of the feed dogs, someone suggested that my machine was just not enough for this project, which I refuse to believe.  I am afraid that I'm gonna get it caught in there again and end out breaking the machine outta frustration though *hang head in shame* Cheesy hehe.  Anyways, what kinda cording did you use?  I just tried some nylon type rope, I'm thinking that my have contributed, but I haven't gotten around to getting something else and trying again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sanrisa1

Crafting is my passion!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009 09:21:07 AM »

I love these bowls.  It looks hard to make. I read the tutorial...was it really easy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Revamp Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
Recipes: What To Do With All Those Thanksgiving Leftovers
Leftover Turkey Sandwich Recipe
Inspired Leftover Ideas
Easy And Delicious Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...