A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 112
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 2! FINISHED!  (Read 32521 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: February 27, 2009 07:16:00 AM »

The ability to give birth is amazing! Though I will say that I have every intention of adopting and giving love to those that were abandoned. Maybe I will have one of "my own" too. Cheesy

Trees are so beautiful and baby trees are adorable! Up here in Michigan the autumns are to die for. People drive up in October for Color Tours and I'm going to be so sad when I have to leave this state to get a job after college. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: February 27, 2009 07:45:07 AM »

I was always open to adopting as well and I think it's a fantastic idea, but my daughter wasn't entirely... planned.  Smiley  Heh.

But anyway, I wouldn't ever try to preach about how amazing pregnancy and childbirth are... some people want to have kids, some don't... and some do, but don't want to go through the pregnancy themselves.  Any way they arrive, humans are pretty spectacular. 

During the last round of the Tree Swap, I wanted to get some photos of the trees across from my local Safeway losing their leaves.  Well, the colors were changing anyway and I knew if I didn't rush home and get my camera, the next time I went to the store the leaves would be gone.

And I didn't rush home and get my camera, so they were gone the next time I had the chance to go back out.  Kind of a bummer, but there's always this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2009 10:31:50 AM »

Wow. This is what happens when I sign up for a swap and don't immediately post in the thread. I've missed 35 pages of tree talk!

I have a special tree that I've been attatched to for about seven years, it's a little maple tree that sprouted up in a planter at the place I used to work.  When they were landscaping a few years ago, they tore it up from the pot and threw it in a bucket, where it sat in rain water and mosquito eggs for a few weeks, until I took it home and planted it.  That happened to be at my ex-girlfriends house.  When we broke up I dug it up and took it with me (she didn't much like that).  I planted it in my new yard and the deer immediately got at it and ate all the green off of it.  Now it's safely fenced in with plenty of mulch to keep it warm all through the winter.  Poor thing's been through so much. Smiley

sad- I started dating this guy and he came to pick me up and brought a baby squirrel that was in his yard that had gotten away from its mother. I called my local vet and he couldn't help me because squirrels aren't domestic. So I cared for this baby squirrel until It passed away. I was so upset because I just wanted to get him well enough to go back out, but I think he was just too young. I cried and cried when he died. It was pitiful. I was so way more attached to the squirrel than I ever was that jerk, I called to tell him the squirrel died and I was crying and he was like "why are you crying, It's just a squirrel."

Olivegreenspring- you should look into DNR wildlife rehab.  For some reason orphaned infant mice keep finding me.  My first one, I found in a parking lot, it couldn't have been more than a week old.  I couldn't get a vet to help me and the DNR rehabbers in my state "don't take rodents," so I had no resources.  I researched it and managed to keep it alive for a week, but I was a mess when it died.... (the past week's sleep deprivation didn't help my emotional state, either).  Since then I've had about 7 more come my way. Only two have lived (and been released), but I found another rehabber (who couldn't take them, being in another state) who taught me how to care for them.  I'm looking into getting certified in the spring.  Pretty much all you need is a vet sponsor and a DNR mentor, and a quiet place for the animals to stay while in your care.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009 10:47:38 AM by CamOovas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: February 27, 2009 12:00:42 PM »

Sorry everyone that I haven't been keeping up. I'm really sick.

That little spruce picture is adorable. I want one now  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2009 12:28:17 PM »

LOVE that baby spruce tree!  Wow -- what a great image, showing the scale of the seedling against the hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

« Reply #345 on: February 27, 2009 01:24:00 PM »

Remind me to show you guys my trip in the tree tops -air walk thing i did
Both in Wollongong -Family trip in Jan and in Tassie, by myself in Dec.
So amazing pics of trees

For now though-these are some pics of sugar gliders.
So freaking cute! And tiny!

I'd love to be an animal carer -havne't eh time atm, nor would my two jobs be too keen on me toting around a baby wombay/koala/kangaroo!
I do care for little insects when i find them - I found a butterfly witha  broken wing in the driveway -It couldn't fly properly -so i caught it and resqued it - everytime i went outside for a bout a week after-It follwed me everywhere! So cute  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After 8 years I'm back - however did I stay away so long???
lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

« Reply #346 on: February 27, 2009 01:25:06 PM »

and they are soooo soft.  But really expensive. and difficult to care for.  At least for a 16 year old (which is how old I was when I got one)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

battenberg
Dancing queen

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #347 on: February 27, 2009 01:31:04 PM »

I wish more than anything there were owls around here Cry Theyre my absolute favourite! I love winter when we get robins, there was a little family of them somewhere near my moms house when I was back at christmas, they used to hang out in our garden- so flipping cute! Theres not an enormous amount of wildlife living in towns, where I am now is much smaller than back home but still not much. Will be even worse when I move to London Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity.  There is no cure for curiosity- Dorothy Parker.
VeniceIsSinking
« Reply #348 on: February 27, 2009 03:14:49 PM »

Whenever I cut my hair in the spring, I always put the hair out for the birds.  The swallows like to use it for their mud nests.  I guess it makes them stronger.

I remember when I was a kid I asked my mom if I could do this. Apparently there is a really really old superstition that says you should always burn hair as birds will make nests with is, constantly pulling on your hair and you will be plagued for life with headachs.

Well. I never did this and I still have horrible migraines! I think it's really sweet that you do that (I'm totally not superstitious) and think it's pretty whimsical if you think about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
echo_brook
Mollusks inhabit the soft parts of my heart.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #349 on: February 27, 2009 03:22:51 PM »

So...the project I started waaaay before Jenicat even thought about making partners is turning out BEAUTIFULLY! Cheesy My partner may not get it. Haha. I might be secretly hoping s/he does not have tastes for this particular craft. This swap is making me so antsy! I'm normally a very patient person, but apparently if you give me an excuse for crafty tree inspired projects, all that patience goes out the window.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Newly moved to the Tri Valley area (Dublin, CA) and would love to meet craftsters here. Please don't be shy about PMing me.

http://www.wists.com/echo_brook

I do personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 112 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Kansas City Barbecue
How to Modernize Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
How to Make Bagels
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits
Stuffing Recipe with Sausage, Apple and Cranberry
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...