A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
831 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 112
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 2! FINISHED!  (Read 32775 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #760 on: March 15, 2009 06:06:14 PM »

I think we sometimes tend to overlook the tools that we have to work with, too.  I have a full shop for woodworking, but for other crafts I wing it.  When it comes to crocheting, I'm slower than slow.  But I make it up in other ways.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #761 on: March 15, 2009 06:38:12 PM »

Warning: Long rambling novel about how I size my items ahead. Read at your own risk. Tongue

When I think about how "big" my item is, I tend to think about it in terms of skill level involved more than time involved. I never really keep track of how much time something takes me. My smalls are things that by the site "standards" would be at least mediums, but they're not difficult for me to make and don't take a lot of creativity. Mediums may involve more time-consuming techniques, but nothing that's super difficult in terms of technique. I might try new things with mediums, but not do anything that will take me a long time to learn. For larges, I tend to do things that I specialize in and I consider more "works of art." Time is not a restraint for larges. Sometimes I spend more than 8 hours on a large. If I do something new for me in a large, I'll make sure that I spend a lot of time trying to make that item something really special. It may not be the most technically-sound, but if I can't do something really well, I make sure to make up for it as much as I can by adding special creative details. I like to add lots of fun "extras" that should actually be my smalls, but I end up having so many great ideas for larger items that I just make everything bigger than it's supposed to be and spoil with all the tiny stuff. Digital Misfit is definitely going to be spoiled. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: March 15, 2009 07:42:08 PM »

My partners are going to be spoiled too... I guess I'd better get on that!  Smiley  I am still waiting for supply packages from two places online, both of which shipped on Friday.  So once I actually get those, I will be good to go.  Then I should have plenty of time to craft.  Bummer is that next weekend is my grandfather's service (yeah, he died 2 weeks after my mom - spectacular) and I teach the day after that, so I won't be very crafty that weekend.  I know, it's rather sad that I'm bummed about that weekend NOT because of my grandfather's memorial but instead because I won't have time to craft.  I am a terrible granddaughter.

Anyway, I'll still have almost 2 weeks after that, so it should be easy to get everything done.  I have my one tiny thing in the OTT swap almost finished and I'll ship that out Tuesday, probably.  And then I'm free to craft for this swap!

On a completely unrelated note, I am wearing new deodorant today and though I put it on almost 12 hours ago, I can smell it and it's a pleasant smell, but it's so STRONG.  Ick.  Sorry, I know this is a weird thing to post, but I just ... I need to go wash it off or something.  Ick.  I didn't even use a lot of it!  The point of deodorant is to keep you from smelling bad, not to make you smell like you marinated in it.  Sad
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009 07:44:29 PM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

odd_artist
WEIRD IS GOOD!

Twister of Minds

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #763 on: March 15, 2009 07:58:53 PM »

I try to go by what the guidelines are, but for this swap if I went by the guidelines I'd have just sent 2 larges and a medium! I have way too much fun crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

« Reply #764 on: March 15, 2009 08:12:05 PM »

My partners are going to be spoiled too... I guess I'd better get on that!  Smiley  I am still waiting for supply packages from two places online, both of which shipped on Friday.  So once I actually get those, I will be good to go.  Then I should have plenty of time to craft.  Bummer is that next weekend is my grandfather's service (yeah, he died 2 weeks after my mom - spectacular) and I teach the day after that, so I won't be very crafty that weekend.  I know, it's rather sad that I'm bummed about that weekend NOT because of my grandfather's memorial but instead because I won't have time to craft.  I am a terrible granddaughter.

Anyway, I'll still have almost 2 weeks after that, so it should be easy to get everything done.  I have my one tiny thing in the OTT swap almost finished and I'll ship that out Tuesday, probably.  And then I'm free to craft for this swap!

On a completely unrelated note, I am wearing new deodorant today and though I put it on almost 12 hours ago, I can smell it and it's a pleasant smell, but it's so STRONG.  Ick.  Sorry, I know this is a weird thing to post, but I just ... I need to go wash it off or something.  Ick.  I didn't even use a lot of it!  The point of deodorant is to keep you from smelling bad, not to make you smell like you marinated in it.  Sad

Jeni - so sorry to hear about your grandfather too... Cry 
On a good note - I tried a new deodorant awhile back - and it didn't work. At all. Ick Lips sealed  But I understand the ucky strong smell too....'cause you can have too much of a good thing... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
tinkrbella2005
Wow sarcasm, that's original.

Not all who wander are lost. - Tolkien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #765 on: March 15, 2009 09:05:14 PM »

I picked up supplies to make one item for my partner. I am thinking that it is going to turn into a large. I have ideas for everything else that I am going to do. Hopefully I will get to start working on this swap later this week after I send off two other swap packages.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Well behaved women rarely make history- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~

http://facebook.com/littlebitofjessjewelry

http://www.wists.com/tinkrbella
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2009 04:48:00 AM »

[/quote]

Weird thing to post or not, I am with you on this one.  My daughter took my unscented deo with her last weekend to visit friends and I had to use this tropical whatever stuff.  It smelled great, but I could smell myself all day long.  It just about drove me insane.  Give me my Secret unscented any day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2009 04:56:41 AM »

jenicat, what deodorant was it? I'll be sure to avoid it. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #768 on: March 16, 2009 06:19:51 AM »

OO Yah, I had to use my sister's because mine had gone MIA. Her's was secret, but it was the shower fresh. WOW talk about strong scents! Everytime I moved my arms it was like "WheW! I hope other people can't smell that!" I figured that since I sprayed my Japanese cherry blossom body spray before I realized how strong the deoderant was that I ended up smelling along the lines of a cheap ho. LOL. My lovie works for P&G (They make secret, and just about everything else LOL. Bounty/charmin/clairol/pantene/iams/folgers/duracell/pringels/gillette/puffs/)... look it up it's insane what they make, I don't know how they don't have a monopoly!!!) and every quarter they give out an employee gift package (at christmas it is the best!!!) This last christmas we got the new clinical strength deoderants in it. He got an old spice one, and I got the secret one. Do you know that they want you to apply it at night before you go to bed? I'm all about using it cause I don't like to waste, and hey its free, but I put it on after my showers... I mean don't  you usually shower in the morning?? It washes right off! It doesn't have a scent though, and it really works.

And... back to our regularly scheduled trees.... LOL....
My medium is about half way done, I'm going to have to sets of it!  I had fun. I have to get started on the other medium, and the large has to be redone. It just has to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: March 16, 2009 06:34:47 AM »

I'm doing well. Having fun with this. I'm in the process of moving so it's a slow process because half of my craft supplies are in one house but I'm living in another.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 112 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Giraffe
How to Design a Cartoon Panda
How to Design a Cartoon Turtle
How to Design a Cartoon Donkey
How to Design a Cartoon Fairy
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...