A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 2! FINISHED!  (Read 34438 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1100 on: April 10, 2009 08:05:02 PM »

Jeni I'm so sorry - your mind is busy working out the strange guilt we feel when we lose a parent - all the things we think we should have said and done. It takes awhile to work through those. What you're doing is normal. Talking it out helps and sometimes a good cry. May I suggest some camomile tea and a warm soothing bath before bed time. Try imagining a place you love and can see vividly in your mind. Concentrate on that by checking every detail and allow yourself to fall asleep. It should help - it is a form of self-hypnosis. If you cannot get past these dreams - you should speak with your doctor or a counselor who can help your mind get past this.

I will pray for sweet dreams!

Sapp - both my husband and daughter laugh in their sleep - I about shrieked the first time my husband did it. Our daughter started when she was just a baby. I've learned to be jealous of dreams that have one laughing aloud:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1101 on: April 10, 2009 08:26:51 PM »

Jeni, I don't usually remember dreams. I do remember a few years after my dad's death, I had a very short dream that only consisted of my dad's voice saying my name, like he was calling me. That was it. I didn't even see him in the dream. It freaked me out and I remember just crying and crying about it, trying to figure out why I had dreamed that, or if it was even a dream.

And btw, *hug*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1102 on: April 10, 2009 08:59:27 PM »

I have really vivd dreams too -usually they are a bit odd -one of my latest was me picking up butterfly wings off the ground.
Was an odd feeling attached -but a good hopeful one too.

I use to have really bad nightmares as a kid -I'd be walking along a thin strip of never ending wood and either side was mountains of garbage -nasty harmful dangerous garbage -it use to grow and try to get me. I never got to the end of that dream- I use to just wake up when the garbage got real close.
I think it was linked to my depression (I had a really bad time at school and didn't get along too well with my dad.)

On a happier note:
♫♪I'm getting a Owlasaur. I;m getting an Owlasaur♪♫ lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After 8 years I'm back - however did I stay away so long???
hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

« Reply #1103 on: April 10, 2009 09:16:37 PM »

Grin An Owlasaur♪♫Huh Whatever that is...I want one!!! My next tattoo is gonna be an owl in a tree of life...I just gotta get it drawn up and get it  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

« Reply #1104 on: April 10, 2009 09:41:54 PM »

Jeni, I'm so sorry you've been having dreams like that.  I often times feel guilty about the way my life goes on after a loved one is lost.  As if you should be even sadder than you are.  I've had very young friends die (22) and very old friends die (70) and the difficulty of each death is different.
Perhaps if you are having dreams about that then there is a part of you that is still having a hard time processing the death.  Maybe talking about it will help... hopefully just telling us about it will help.  Either way... ***hugs***
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1105 on: April 10, 2009 10:13:25 PM »

I am editing out all of the depressing garbage from last night.  Smiley

I hope my partners get their packages soon (though it won't be until at least Monday, I'm sure)!

Thank you very much to everyone who commented on my dreams; it's comforting to know that others have been there too and it doesn't last forever.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009 07:25:58 AM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1106 on: April 11, 2009 07:25:24 AM »

Jeni - find a beautiful urn to keep her remains in and make an "ofrenda" and alter where you pay homage to her - picture, candle, urn and anything special you have of hers. It makes a wonderful feeling to keep her "close by."

Your mom's disease made you a stronger person, but as a child you would have had different perceptions of the situation and this may be coming out. Remember dreams don't come from the rational mind, they come from deep where things don't always make sense. Some visualization sessions might help you with your loss. You'll know when you're ready. Time eases but we never forget a mother's love. It's fantastic that she was your best friend - not many can claim that! You are and were truly blessed.

Happy Easter
Blessings
windoverireland
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1107 on: April 11, 2009 07:49:51 AM »

I don't mean to completely change the subject, but I was looking at our send/receive statuses on our gallery page, and it looks like we just might have a flake-free swap! We rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: April 11, 2009 07:55:49 AM »

Yeah, we totally do rock.  Smiley  And don't worry about changing the subject; it's for the best.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

echo_brook
Mollusks inhabit the soft parts of my heart.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1109 on: April 11, 2009 11:17:54 AM »

On a happier note:
♫♪I'm getting a Owlasaur. I;m getting an Owlasaur♪♫ lol  Grin

AAAH!! Owlasaureses are going to take over the world and it's all my fault! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Newly moved to the Tri Valley area (Dublin, CA) and would love to meet craftsters here. Please don't be shy about PMing me.

http://www.wists.com/echo_brook

I do personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Skirt Steak and Peanut Stir Fry Recipe
Asian Bite: Thai Beef Salad
Vegetable and Tofu Pad Thai Recipe
Asian Bites: Slow-Roast Asian Pork Recipe
Cooking for Kids: How to Make Stir Fry for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...