A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,523
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archived Featured Artists!  (Read 40492 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mieljolie
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2011 01:51:28 PM »

Cackle is an AWESOME artist.  Well deserved feature.  I, too, am luck enough to have some of her pieces.  I have that "Aura Detector" pictured here!!  It's absolutely perfect!

Congrats to you, Cackle, for the the feature.  Can't wait to see the next wonderful project you post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2011 04:52:46 AM »

How did I miss this when it came out?? Cackle is one of my craftster crushes for life! I love all the awesome things you come up with, it is just simply amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cackle
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Pottery, Ceramics, Polymer Clay Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Whenever I close my eyes the lights go on.. Lummis

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2011 12:22:43 PM »

Just want to thank everyone for saying such nice things! It makes me very happy and inspired to make more stuff. Thank you, thank you!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2011 07:37:12 AM »

I am a big fan of yours as well!  Not only is your stuff fun and beautifully done, you are very encouraging and willing to share ideas and techniques with us...you have pushed me to expand my skills and try different things that I am not 100% comfortable with...and those are all good things!

Congrats for being featured...loved reading a bit more about you! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Killam Creative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2011 08:29:02 PM »

Hey- congratulations on being the featured artist. You're one heck of an inspiration and an all-around fabulous person. And I'm not biased at all... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't make it with your hands.
You form it with your hands.
You make it with your mind.
                Edgar Tolson, 1971

Pinterest
Blog
lizziew
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2011 03:42:16 PM »

Congratulations

That was great to read and your crafts are amazing! You are very talented. x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY PINTEREST LINK - http://pinterest.com/lizzierw/
poodlepompom
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2011 05:14:10 PM »

You are very talented. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickHorses
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2011 08:47:29 PM »

Good Job Cackle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2012 10:00:54 PM »

We are SO excited about our featured artist this quarter. Not only is she an incredibly talented and prolific crafter, she is also an amazing inspiration and wonderful cheerleader for all of us.

If you've ever joined a craftalong or visited the craftalong boards here in Miscellaneous, you know the amount of work and love that alwaysinmyroom dedicates to motivating participants and providing support to every member here.

We are thrilled to recognize the contributions that she makes every day to our little Miscellaneous corner and the rest of the Craftster community.

Check out our interview with alwaysinmyroom!!

How long have you been crafting?  What's the first thing you remember crafting?

I started drawing when I was about 7 years old, so that would mean I have been crafting for 50 years!  That might make me the Mesuthela of Craftster...but I definitely don't feel like it since everyone here keeps me young at heart!

The drawing was of the poppies in Flanders field where many of the men from World War I were buried. I still have the picture!

A few years later when I was 10, my mom taught me to knit...crazy, but as a kid, you are fearless...I made a Barbie dress in three colors using size 1 needles...and yeah, I still have the dress!

(This is the actual dress!!!)

What's your favorite media?

Definitely fabric...I love to quilt and sew...bags, stuffies, clothes, curtains, dotees...I enjoy finding new ways to use up my huge stash of fabrics

What inspires you?

Probably things found in nature...what a pat answer this is, since every color and texture can be found in nature...ha...I see color combos in everyday things like leaves, the ocean, a sunset...it helps me with choosing colors for my projects

Do you have a crafty/creative philosophy?

I believe that you create what you believe...if you believe you will fail, you will...so why not believe you can do it?  Try anything...be fearless...so what if it is not "prefect"...the process will teach you how to do it better next time...you will gain confidence, pride, a sense of achievement...just go for it

On what other boards can Craftster members find your work posted?

I have probably posted most items on knitting, crocheting, paper and the swap boards...I really take bad pictures so I tend to just post to the craftalongs...I also make so many similar things that I don't want to post every hat I make, for instance Cheesy

(That's okay, we'll share your hats for you Smiley)

What's your favorite creation that you've posted to Craftster?

It was on of the first items I made for a swap...it was my little geisha pincushion...I loved making it, and I respected the talent of the receiver...she went to a good home, but I still visit her picture once in a while

What's your favorite item on Craftster created by someone else?

There is so much talent here...this is not a fair question!

However, in recent months, I have had my socks knocked off by the imagination and talent of sheepblue.  Her Teesha Moore inspired projects are perfect for a fabric hoarder like me...I love the bright colors, the messiness, the details...the Harry Potter inspired bag she did still takes my breath away.

Have you invented a machine that allows you to craft at the speed of light? If not, how in the world do you make so many amazing things so quickly?!

ha ha At my age, I have decided to make crafting a priority...It is part of my daily life, just like brushing my teeth is!  I am never going to have a spotless house, or tons of purchased things to take care of...I have dumped most of the stuff in my life that wastes my time or that does not bring me joy...I am a master of multi-tasking, and I have a great, supportive hubby to share life's daily grind--he shops and cooks and does laundry! I watch tv and craft and eat bon bons... Cheesy

Thanks for being such an inspiration and support to so many of us! We love you always, always Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2012 10:26:33 PM »

Woohoo!  And she totally deserves this recognition.  Her work is amazing and I am so thankful for her support.  She devotes so much energy and time to her craftalong participants!  I have no idea how she balances it all.  Thanks alwaysinmyroom, you are FABULOUS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 7 Blow Drying Techniques
How to Do a Half-Up Updo
How to Do a Low Ponytail
How to Manage Long Hair in Hot Weather
How to Style Long Hair to Look Short
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...