A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archived Featured Artists!  (Read 40601 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SciFunk
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010 05:23:45 PM »

sheepBlue, I <3 you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper Shred Jane
Freelancer, Crafter Hobbyist

Hello, fella craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2010 09:57:23 AM »

I SO LOVE the "More Art, Less Craft - I love triptychs!" one. So beautiful I love art that carries over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are several crafts you can do with paper shredder shreds, use it to stuff your creations or for paper dolls...
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011 07:49:12 AM »

Our Featured Artist for the Fourth Quarter of 2010 is teag!

1 - How long have you been crafting?  What's the first thing you remember crafting?

I don't ever remember not crafting, my first crafting memory is at age four sitting in my grandfather's lazy boy - making a leopard print dog- ashtray holder that sat on the armchair- it was made from an old coat of my grandmother's, a tuna can and beans for stuffing-

2 - What's your favorite media?

hmm that's a tough question. Fabric, polymer clay,reclaimed materials, paints, beads-many of my projects include multiple medias-so I don't think I really have a favorite media-when I am inspired to create something I use whatever it will take to reach my vision for that project-

3 - What inspires you?

My fellow craftsters for one,  provide some of the greatest inspiration there is - and Swaps helped me to come up with some of my favorite craft projects -my polymer clay potion jars were inspired by a swap -almost anything I read, see or hear inspires me- I see creative possibilities everywhere.

4 - Do you have a crafty/creative philosophy?

I don't really have a crafty/creative philosophy, being creative is a way of life for me, it's almost as necessary as breathing- sure I can live without crafting but whenever I take a break from crafting  I feel as if something in my life is missing - crafting, for me  makes sense in my life and keeps me sane

5 - On what other boards can Craftster members find your work posted?

Besides Miscellaneous Topics,I can be found on the polymer clay, Jewelry and Trinkets, Toys, Dolls and Playthings, Occasions and Holidays, Purses, Bags and Wallets and especially the swap boards.

6 - What's your favorite creation that you've posted to Craftster?

My teacup sewing organizer- it took me a long time to work out the details,draft the pattern, and get the construction right - in the end it was so worth it

7 - What's your favorite item on Craftster created by someone else?

Wow that is a tough one-I don't think I can choose just one project - anything made by:
SpookyPooky, loveandasandwich, cackle, rackycoo, Phizzychick, Audio, edelC, ghilie, lovesclutter are always my favorites.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011 09:15:00 PM »

Aww! That is so sweet that you mentioned me! Thank you! Congrats on being featured! You deserve it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

steveshapiro

There's no substitute for true style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2011 04:09:38 PM »

What is the covering on those jars made of? It looks almost like play-doh or some kind of silly putty-esque compound... Anybody know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing broadcasts competence and success quite like designer modern decor.
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2011 03:52:10 PM »

Polymer clay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011 04:09:29 PM »

1 - How long have you been crafting?  What's the first thing you remember crafting?

I have been crafting all my life! My dad is an artist and my mother has been working in elementary education my entire life, so I have been surrounded by creativity since I can remember. When I was 4 years old, I wanted to paint our house like a Dalmatian dog because I was obsessed with the movie 101 Dalmatians. Obviously, I didn't get to do that, but I do remember drawing and cutting out all my own paper dolls and outfits when I was that age. I also would make animals from paper, milk and soda bottle caps, pompoms and googly eyes using the caps as the body bases and adding pompom heads and paper arms and legs. My entire childhood was spent making and crafting my own toys from things I found around the house.

2 - What's your favorite media?

Good question! I am really fickle about that sort of thing- I go through phases of certain types of projects and medias and at that moment, it is my favorite thing in the world and I produce a ton of those projects. Then I get bored and try something new and it becomes my favorite! It started with acrylic paintings, then paper and drawing collages, then graphic design, then mixed media projects like my Pumpkin Head Dolls and Curio Cabinets and other things, and now it seems to be plushes. Right now, it is definitely plushes still.

3 - What inspires you?

Oh, so many things inspire me! First off, my family and husband are my biggest inspirations. They support and encourage me everyday, and they embrace my weirdness.  Cheesy Also, there are three men who are my absolute heroes in life and have taken a great part in shaping my personality. It is no secret that I am obsessed with the singer Meat Loaf. I love his passion and devotion to his music and life and I hope that someday I can touch people and inspire them with my own passion and art in the same way he has inspired me. Walt Disney is also at the top of my list as one of the most amazing people in the world. He was one man who had the courage to create possibly the biggest empire in the world, and everything Disney alike inspires me: Walt, the movies, the park, the toys- all of it! Last on my list, and probably obviously, Tim Burton has influenced both my art and personality greatly. I love everything that is a little macabre and slightly odd and again, his passion is just extraordinary. I even get emotional when I talk about any one of these three men. Finally, Craftster serves as a huge source of inspiration for us all. I see new, amazing projects that make me want to try my own hand at them, I have so many craftster crushes and members that put me in awe, and when I post my own projects and get such positive feedback, I feel encouraged to continue on. This is such an amazing website!

4 - Do you have a crafty/creative philosophy?

My philosophy goes right back to the three men I mentioned above. It takes courage to be an artist. You have to be willing to try new things and  never give up on anything. When I first joined craftster, I never thought I would be able to move beyond acrylic paintings, but now I do all sorts of projects because I just jumped right in. Sometime I failed at projects, but I kept working on them until I figured it out. And in all honestly, sometimes being artsy and creative will lead you to not fitting in and being an outcast. Meat Loaf and Tim Burton certainly fit that bill, and Walt Disney was shunned many time is his life and laughed at for what he believed in. However, in the end, those are the things that will make you stand out the most in life and bring you success. With imagination, you can redefine and change the world.

5 - On what other boards can Craftster members find your work posted?

Let's see, you can find me on:

Miscellaneous Topics
Toys, Dolls and Playthings
More Art, Less Craft
Occasions and Holidays: Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Weddings
Sewing in General
Home Sweet Home
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking and ATCs

-I think that is it! Expect to see me in the clothing boards soon, because I just started sewing and reconstructing clothes and I started photography too recently, so I hope to post some of my pictures on the art board.   Grin

6 - What's your favorite creation that you've posted to Craftster?

That is tough! I love the first Bigfoot Curio I posted, along with the first Steampunk Pumpkin Head I ever made sooo much! And my Ganesha plush is probably my favorite plush I have ever done (for the moment). However, I definitely think my wedding is my favorite creation ever though, since it includes many different projects by me along with many projects from other Craftster members. It was more like a production starring all the projects.   Wink

7 - What's your favorite item on Craftster created by someone else?

Again, these are so hard to answer! I own a large amigurumi doll of Meat Loaf that was created by amydice just for me that I completely love. I love all her projects, actually. The same goes for lanikins, and the Cheshire Cat plush she made me is another one of my favorite items. There are too many to choose from! But I always really enjoy seeing anything posted by gotgrey, lumpybits, noooitaremybirthday, any poppets, and anything with a yeti.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amydice
Tutorial Contributor

Amy

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2011 05:22:12 PM »

A VERY well deserved honor for SpookyPooky! Congratulations and keep bringing all the awesome projects to Craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always up for a personal swap!
Looking to swap for anything Doctor Who or a mug rug!

Blog: http://craftingmachine.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/AmyLutter
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AmyLDice
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mad-Crafter/124912220860742
teag
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011 05:25:43 PM »

Yeah! Congratulations SpookyPooky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2011 07:39:53 PM »

Congratulations! Great interview!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Components of a Digital Camera
Understanding Digital Camera Functions
The Role of a Digital Camera Memory Card
Understanding the Mega Pixel
How to Prepare Your Digital Camera for Use
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...