A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archived Featured Artists!  (Read 39642 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2009 07:52:30 AM »

Archive of Featured Artists:
Click the member names to read their interview!

Knickertwist

jennieingram

sheepblue

teag

SpookyPooky

erica_tattoos

cackle

alwaysinmyroom

crazyalien8

jillybeans

teag

pottermouth
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How long have you been crafting?  Why did you start?
For as long as I can remember Ive been drawing, painting and making stuff. As a kid I drew on walls, after that I studied fine art at a crazy school, then I went to college and became graphic designer. Im grateful that I make a living in a creative field but making for other people is far different than making for yourself. When my son was born I realized that there was another life outside of work. There were hours upon hours in my day that were mine all mine! And so, I started making for myself all over again.
And this is me...

Q: What kinds of media do you like to use?

I dabble in everything. Right now Im doing a lot of collage and painting. Im trying my hand at knitting and crochet, which Im terrible at, but its fun. I also particularly like sewing, baking, and small sculpture.

Q: What inspires you?

Hmmm, books, music, television, movies, pop culture, colour, history, folklore, architecture, trips to the fabric store, nature, dreams, toys, strangers on the bus, other peoples crafty works, my husband, my kiddo I could go on and on. Inspiration pops up all over the place, its just a matter of noticing and applying it.

This is what's on my 'idea' board' at the mo' (including a sketch for my maybe entry into next months challenge)...

Q: Do you have a crafty/creative philosophy?

My philosophy is to create with positive, passionate abandon.

There was a time I would spend hours painting a leaf. That leaf would be mighty impressive and look pretty damn good, but it didnt have a soul. Now, I take any idea that pops into my head, or that Ive jotted down, and I run with it. So what if its weird or dorky? If you have a genuine interest in what youre making other people will respond to that. Feel the need to make a giant toadstool? Go ahead! I bet there are loads of people whod love it.  

Why I cover my table in kraft paper..

Q: Besides the Misc. Topics board, where else on craftster can people find your work?

Ive got a number of things posted on the More Art, Less Craft board as well as the Swap Gallery.

This is something I'm currently working on...

Q: What is your favorite creation you've posted on craftster?

I think Id have to cheat a little and say the photos taken by my son.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=262055.msg2938401#msg2938401
He took the photos and I applied a filter and adjusted them a wee bit. Hes a little sports nut so it was great to do something creative with him.

One of my paintings sitting on my bathroom shrlf...

Q: What is your favorite thing that someone else has posted?

Every day I come here I see something that I fall head over heels for. There is so much talent and total brilliance in this community. If I had to pick just one thing Id say the beaded bowling pin. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145530.0 It was one of the very first things I saw on craftster and I literally spent a over year looking for a bowling pin so I could do this craft myself.

Thanks so much, Knickertwist!  We love seeing all the wonderful things you come up with!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013 07:26:52 PM by LimeRiot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009 08:26:49 AM »

What a fun interview, superhooker, and what a great choice of people to interview! I loved getting a little inside look at knickertwist's studio and WIPs. I have been a member of the knickertwist fan club for quite some time now. She's amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009 09:04:10 PM »

Cool interview! I'm a fan of knickertwist's, so it's cool to kind of see the behind-the-scenes process. Smiley

And I love to see other artist's idea boards. I have an inspiration tree (it's a metal tree I got from Pier 1 that I think is supposed to be used to hold photos) on the wall over my desk that I use to hold other people's artwork and some other inspirational items. Knickertwist's, however, is much more organized than mine. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009 06:47:37 AM »

Ha! That's my space in it's most prestine condition. I didn't want to frighten people with the chaos that usually surrounds me.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009 12:22:16 PM »

I am sure your craft area in its most messy state beats my area in its most pristine! lol

Great interview! I am a fan of Ms Knickertwist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
alorralora
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009 08:57:51 PM »

This is an excellent idea for an article.  Knickertwist, may I ask how does one setup an idea board?  I mean, the things you have on your board, why did you put them there (do you just see something that interests you and up it goes, or what)?  The reason I'm asking is that most of the time my daughter mopes around complaining that she has "artist's block" and asks for us for ideas on what she can draw.  Then when I make suggestions she's like, "Naa, I'm not in the mood for *insert any subject here: birds, mountains, sunsets, etc.*  Or, in my words, "I'm too lazy to do an interpretation on what I think a phoenix bird would look like."  That sort of thing.  So, in the end, she mopes and mopes and nothing is ever done.  So, I'd like to get her to create her own idea board and am wondering how one gets started doing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST it up babee...WIST and shout!!
http://www.wists.com/alorralora
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009 11:45:53 AM »

That particular 'idea board' was quite clean. I just stick anything on it that grabs my attention. Pages from books, colours I like, techniques I think look cool. A much bigger help, for me anyway, is an idea journal. I usually have a notebook in my purse and jot down things while I'm on the bus or waiting for lunch to arrive. I stick things I find in it... letters, cards, other papery things on the street. I also find I remember things much more clearly just from writing them down, plus ideas seem to develop and grow better when there is a place to jot them down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alorralora
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009 06:14:22 PM »

Great!  I will show my daughter this post, otherwise she won't listen to me :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST it up babee...WIST and shout!!
http://www.wists.com/alorralora
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009 11:32:20 AM »

I'll keep all of the past featured artists here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
fashionfan
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009 03:22:53 AM »

the painting of the lady with the curlly hair reminds me of little brittan (tv show) lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Picks For Liquid Eyeliner
What to Expect at a Skin Cancer Screening
Must Try Beauty Trend: Nail Stickers, Wraps And Polish Strips
Hpnotizing Eyes: Smoky Metallic Ombre
Top 6 Reasons to Use Sunscreen
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...