A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Misc. Challenge number 1...Shrines! Post entries until March 13th  (Read 11424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2009 10:07:25 PM »

Ack! Camera problems!  Roll Eyes This is just not going well!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2009 10:43:37 PM »

There's still like 10 hours!  Everybody post away!!
calluna, I hope you can get your camera working!  My battery always dies right when I need it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
calluna
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2009 12:53:59 AM »

Okay! Thank you for your patience; here is my swap-shrine, a work in progress!

As I keep swapping Ill add more to it! The shrine is to appease the postal gods, honor the craftiness and friendship of the great people with whom Ive swapped, and protect me from the swappers who flake! Its covered (well, not covered enough) with items that I have received in Craftster swaps, and the structure itself (in undecorated form) I received in a swap from astormorray.

Back will hopefully someday also have photos from meeting craftsters in person!

Sides:  

Some handmade highlights: altered tag by goatgoddess. Huge doily by Homerof2. Poly-clay pop-tart pendant by purpleone. Tatted bracelet by sewknitter. Pound Puppy pendant by midori_sour. Nest earrings by gavagai. Bottle-cap resin magnet by kiden2. butterfly necklace by atsuko. Candle by lapoli. Calaveras card by Fabric. Handmade paper shapes by astormorray. Soap by MareMare. Soap holder by RubyTuesday. Necklace by loudxmouse. Scavenger pin by wx2dzug.

And other goodies from so many people! aimee_ant23, Banga, bkrenning4, corduroy cat, DrRubyDoomsday, irasema, jungrrl, KarenLouiseM, KatyMai, kitschkween, littlebiskit, missmoppet, MommyTheMaid, rebeldaisy, Sheepblue, sin esperanza, SunflowerSmiles, Therisa, ursulaandolive...I'm probably forgetting a few, and some people with whom I've swapped a lot (ie AsphaltQueen) aren't represented at all yet, so I'm working on it...
Thanks to these and all the other great swappers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2009 01:50:47 AM »

That shrine is magic!!  I love the whole idea behind it!  All swappers know that it is important to appease the postal gods.  great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Velvetdragon

we're all mad here

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2009 05:17:10 AM »

Holy carp, it's 5 AM and I have work tomorrow. *lol* But I had to get it finished tonight, because I do leave early in the morning and won't have time to do anything in the morning! *so tired!*

I started this as soon as I first posted to this thread. I also had NONE of the supplies, except some acrylic paint and Sculpey. I can't believe how many stores I ran around to! And I still don't feel this is done.  Cheesy This is my first shrine.

I chose to do an Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass shrine. If it's not obvious from my personal quote, signature, livejournal, webpage, etc. I am quite fond of it.

To start with, I bought an extra copy of the book, and then ripped the poor thing to shreds. I have several different editions, so this one could be sacrificed. I will use the remainder of it to make an altered book I think! I covered the whole thing with AiW pages. You can see some of the text and pictures.

I sculpted the Dormouse and Cheshire Cat and mushrooms from Sculpey and painted them with acrylics. The spots on the mushrooms are wax, because I wanted them to be all texturey.

The pocket watch is a real pocket watch, because I wanted my shrine to keep time. Hehe.

There are more pictures here, because I don't know what the image limit is on this board, and couldn't find it!

Outside; the front has a mirror, and says "Through the Looking Glass".

Inside:

Mad Hatter page from AAiW in the background, and a mad hat!

White roses, being painted red.

The Dormouse, not fitting in a teapot! 

The Cheshire Cat, or, rather, just his floating head, and his likeness, or rather, the likeness of his floating head at the croquet game.

Just his grin.  Grin

Other elements from AiW are a Red Queen playing card (and a 3 of clubs to serve her), keys, a bottle marked "drink me", and a White Knight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'Who are YOU?' said the caterpillar.

'I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

http://velvetdragon.com
http://wists.com/Tserisa
http://twitter.com/tser/
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2009 06:03:29 AM »

Velvetdragon that is awesome! I love the mouse bum and the painted roses are to die for.

calluna that is so cool and I am totally stealing your idea and making one for myself! I love the wee "swap" at the top and all the little bits you've included.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thanate

wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

crafty alchemist (now, with tea!)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2009 07:34:48 AM »

I may have to consider a swap shrine of my own, as well.  That's a great idea, particularly for all the little things you love but don't quite have a use for.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caseythebrave
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2009 07:37:19 AM »

This is quite cute. I must be sick because I chuckled when I saw your dormouses little button hole.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2009 08:36:48 AM »

calluna, I love your shrine!!! That's an awesome idea and I love the "appeasing the postal gods" part. I think I'm gonna have to do one of these, too. (P.S. The very first thing I saw was the Care Bear - I loooove Care Bears!)

And your shrine is so cute, Velvetdragon. I have to say I'm glad everyone else commented on the mouse's butthole, because that brought a great, big smile to my face.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2009 09:24:00 AM »

Congratulations to everyone who entered a shrine. They're all so wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple and Ham Eggs Benedict Recipe
The Missing Black Chefs
How to Make Authentic Texas BBQ
Fantastic Gluten Free Corn Hot Cakes
Emoo-Ving Story: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...