A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Coraline Swap - sign ups 2/14-2/28 sending 3/31  (Read 18031 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2009 04:24:46 PM »

Whew! I've had some late nights this week, staying up crafting! I've had a really hard time with some of my items and am starting to feel a little insecure about them. Does anyone else do that? Work on something so long and have looked at it for so long that you just want to stomp on it and throw it away?

...I've had friends tell me they look good but I'm just nervous that what I'm sending won't be good enough or won't be enough in general.

Ah, the first time swapper blues Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpookyPooky
~Where monsters and Wonderland come to life~

I myself am, strange and unusual.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2009 07:46:52 PM »

I'm going through the same thing! I have never swapped before, so I am so worried my stuff is not right and not good enough! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2009 06:40:19 AM »

Whew! I've had some late nights this week, staying up crafting! I've had a really hard time with some of my items and am starting to feel a little insecure about them. Does anyone else do that? Work on something so long and have looked at it for so long that you just want to stomp on it and throw it away?

...I've had friends tell me they look good but I'm just nervous that what I'm sending won't be good enough or won't be enough in general.

Ah, the first time swapper blues Tongue

It's definitely not just a first time swapper thing. I've done a few swaps and I still worry about my stuff being good enough! Don't worry too much though. As long as you put the time and effort into it, I'm sure your partner will love everything. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect! We are people, not machines.

I haven't had much time to craft lately, but my daughter is visiting grandma for the weekend so hopefully I'll get a lot done while she's away. I love that little girl but she makes it very, very difficult to get things done  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009 06:42:42 AM by lovething » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teaparty

Crafting as thesis therapy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2009 07:35:49 AM »

I agree with lovething. I get anxious when I swap. But I've loved everything I've ever received, and remember- we're all crafters too, we can recognize how much time and love goes into things even if they're not perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampires may be very sexy. Distraction by a sexy vampire may interfere with proper use of Vampire Detector. Vampire Detector is not responsible for sexy vampires.
sushiluvzombie
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2009 01:17:17 PM »

well i'm 99% done with my first large, and i'm not totally satisfied with it, but i think, once i add that final piece, it'll all come together and i'll really like it. next i'll start on my other large, which i know is going to be the hardest, and most frustrating, and most time consuming, but if it turns out like i want it too, it'll be amazing, so let's cross our fingers that it doesn't drive me insane in the process
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lique
My Motto: If you can't find it, buy another one.

« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2009 09:17:24 PM »

I'm not new to swapping just new to swapping here at Craftster.  It's always a concern of mine and I try to do the best job I can and hope they like it.  I am in another Coraline swap on a blog and I have double the items to make right now. I have been working on both here and the other one...very time consuming. But tons of fun. Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2009 10:19:50 PM »

Made my large today! I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I hope my partner likes it as much as I do  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Allegory

A Modern Girl Made of Middle English

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2009 04:24:16 AM »

I think I've had more trips to the craft store for this swap than any other. I keep forgetting one or two little things!

My large is on it's way...it's turning out to be more time-consuming than I thought but totally adorable and worth it.

I've got supplies laid out for a small, a medium and the box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap fabric (and maybe some other things) for tattoo/flash magazines. I seriously need about 1000 magazines. PM me!

My kingdom for KinderEggs

http://www.wists.com/allegory
athenaknits?
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2009 06:45:27 AM »

I finished the other medium today so I have the two mediums done, started on a small, I am going to get supplies to finish the large today.  I need to get my box still  but I am glad that I have waited a little so I have a better idea what size I need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shdwstrm
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2009 09:23:35 AM »

I`m about 1/3 of the way done both of my larges. The one is turning out to be pretty time consuming but I`m confident I`ll get it done in time.  I have 1 small almost done, just need to add finishng touches, and I need to pick up some supplies for a couple other smalls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Gal
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
WAG Kelly Brook Says She Dresses To Flatter Her Curves
Who Rocked the Frock: Edie Falco, Tess Daly, or Shalom Harlow?
Top Five Fall Denim Trends
How to Make a Personalized Apron With Elmo
How to Care For Leather Shoes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...