A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yep, another deck of cards v-day present  (Read 1513 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

popsicax
« on: February 13, 2009 02:36:36 PM »

I made my husband a vday present and thought about posting it here, I copy/pasted the v-day part of my journal entry, so that's why I sound nuts.  =x

I SPENT NOTHING ON HIS VDAY PRESENT!!!  I had all the supplies around the house.  I was going to use three ring binder rings to keep it closed but I couldn't find any that were easy to get out so I used key chain rings because I used to collect keychains when I was younger and I had tons of different sizes, they are of my two largest rings.  =o)  I planned on doing tons more - but that's okay.  I also wanted to use a red deck of cards, hwich I also had but it was for pinuckle??  and they only havelike 47 cards or something... so I had to use the only new deck of cards I happened to have lying around.  =o\

husband = Brian
daughter = Verlina

^card I made Brian - I colored it with crayons - it says 'it's not much but it's all I got' and 'vday 2009'

^the cover of his vday gift

^a random 'page' in the vday gift

^the end two cards I wrote him a note.  =o)  It says 'Brian, I love you so much that this list doesn't do justice.  I appreciate everything..' [it continues to say:] '..you do for Verlina and I.  I'm so glad I met you.  Love, Jessi'

^I cut out heart shaped holes in the cards, kept them... cut out hearts from the red paper I used for the cover behind the words.. and kept them too - put them on top of the card on top of the tissue paper.

^the final package.  I used tissue paper I saved from a victora secrets purchase to make a package, then the card I made is the 'tag' and I used ribbon that says 'love' bunches of times to tie it all shut.  So, when he rips into it - heart shaped confetti will go everywhere! YAY FOR MESSES!! Makes it more fun, I think!
</lj-cut>

<a href="http://www.cheekymagpie.com/?p=500">REAL HEART SHAPED VDAY CARD PATTERN</A>

I've never posted here before - so I hope I did everything right, I'm still trying to figure it out.  =o|  I hope to be more active as I am trying to be more crafty from now on.  I like crafting.. love crafting, so I hope you all will see more of me.  =o)
=o)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009 02:43:42 PM by popsicax » THIS ROCKS   Logged
enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009 02:43:27 PM »

cool! i love this idea. i made a set and posted it too LOL i am thinking of making a deck for my BFFs bday at the end of the month. i wrapped it in cellophane with some chocolates inside and curling ribbon on the outside. I liked the Free part too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit with Knitting Needles Part 3/4
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 34/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 5/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 35/35
How to Knit Newborn Baby Mittens with a Loom Part 8/35
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...