A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postcard Swap Round 7 Gallery  (Read 7163 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009 08:16:49 PM »

I received this postcard in the mail today from quaggy.

It's modpoged(?) onto a piece of wood and so awesome! The post office wouldn't mail it as-is for her though, can you believe that? I swear I used to send wooden postcards when I was a kid, but quaggy said that the postal workers told her it wouldn't go through the machine.

Anyway, I think it's fantastic, and I can't wait to try the recipe! Thanks, quaggy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009 08:36:21 PM »

And I received my postcards today from dharma_rebel and quaggy:

The top one is from dharma_rebel. If you look real close, you can see that the green stem and leaves are embroidered - cool, huh? And awesome stitching I might add!

The bottom one is from quaggy. The San Jacinto Monument, in Houston TX, is on it. And did you know that it is the world's tallest monument tower and masonry tower?! Neither did I, until today! And there is a 220 ton star on the top of it. I may have to take a vacation to see it. Quaggy, I'll be stopping by to visit you....

Thank you for the cards for my growing collection!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
whatzudoin
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009 11:18:18 AM »

I received from Sandra22! I love it. She explained that she works half way up the street and that the church they call the "bombed out church" due to World War 2 is on the street as well. She said the street looks exactly the same minus the horses. England sounds like it has some amazing history. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do personal swaps if anyones interested. If your interested please write me!
ellejaybee
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009 11:29:58 AM »

Oooh Bold St! I was walking up it not 2 hours ago.

The church at the end is officially called St Lukes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_St_Luke,_Liverpool) and at the moment an arts group has put a big cinema screen there and shows classic films for free in the evenings and on some weekends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009 01:07:44 PM »

I love the embroidered card and the vintage card. And the wooden one is a great idea.

I have some vintage cards if anyone wants to do a private swap. I have Irish, French and Italian cards too.

I am especially looking for cards from just 8  states to finish off my state collection!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009 03:08:29 PM »

Hi,  That wooden card is well  impressive.Smiley  How thick, or should I say thin is the wood?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
andwedanced
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009 03:37:47 PM »

THIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME IDEA!!!

I'm still new to the Craftster community and ever time I click on a post I am simply BLOWN AWAY by everyone's creative ideas!

I love snail mail, it's so personal, and postcards are just delightful! I have a huge collection!

If anyone is going to organize another swap please let me know!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009 06:23:36 PM »

I recieved this from dharma_rebel.  It is fantastic she did a great job with the colors.  She has stitched it with yellow on all of the detail on the butterfly.   My kitchen is done in aqua and pale yellow 50's antiques.  I plan to frame it on pale yellow background and frame it.  It will have a home in my kitchen. What a great first swap for me.   

I made the wooden postcard recipe cards.  I purchased the wood @ Hobby Lobby in the hobby section.  It is perfect to cut 4 cards from. One long strip and make 3 cuts.  I then painted one side brown.  After it way dry I used paint on crackle medium let it tack up and then applied the off white paint.  It drys and forms the old weathered wood effect. Next I took a large recipe stamp  (also Hobby Lobby) and ink pad that can be used on wood and stamped the recipe with lines.  I hand painted the  flower border with leaves and used a sharpie to write the recipe.  After it dried I then spayed it with a gloss sealer.  Stained the reverse side addressed and attempted to mail. I ended up having to dress it in an envelope.  The wood is about 1/8 in thick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PlumCrafty
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009 07:09:21 PM »

I must say there are some pretty awesome cards going on here! Cool

I recieved today from GiddyUpMunky. Unfortunately my camera does not want o play ball and take a decent photo so I hope you get the idea:

With and without flash. Giddy went with my vino tendancies. I love the card, thank you so much! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2012 Swaps
Nov: SS Ornament R3
Sep: MALC 6x6 Canvas
Aug: 4x6 Art5
Jul: Hand-Carved Stamp4 and Vintage
Jun: Journal for a Month2
May: 4x6 Art2 and Crafted Cushion Cover2
Apr: Beginners Inchie3
Mar: Art Journal
whisp3rd
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009 08:11:10 PM »

Wow the postcards look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...