A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Tattoos You've Designed!  (Read 128296 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

butofcourse
she's crafty!

Knit fast, die warm

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: March 14, 2009 09:45:38 PM »

Boone, NC?!?!  I went to college at Appalachian!  Boone is heaven on earth to me...
I have now relocated to about 45 minutes south of Raleigh.
Your tattoo is very well done!  Looks great!

yup!  I'm an Appalachian student!  We finally got a decent tattoo shop- no more ink link! Tongue

Thanks so much for all of your positive comments everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alhrayth
« Reply #601 on: March 15, 2009 09:33:35 AM »

Hi all - first of all I have to say that I'm in awe of most of the tattoos posted here - lots of fabulous works! I have to say I went through this and the former tattoo thread a lot last year, and the tattoo ideas one, to gather information and comments when I was in the process of getting my first (and only so far) tattoo. I't a tiny little thing compared to most, but I love it anyway because it is my first and I was sooo happy to get it.

The story behind what brought me to choose this design is that I was passing a very bad period - awful moods, feeling very depressed, lots of problems at work, no life to speak of... at some point I said to myself that no one was going to help me, and I had to help myself to get out of the hole I was digging myself into. I used to tie a little cord around my wrist, so that every time I looked at it, it was to remind me that I was there for myself, that I get to get through this, etc. at some point I decided that this was a lifelong advice I could give myself, and could be the idea behind the tattoo I had wanted forever - just I couldn't pinpoint what to do and where, before. So that's why I have a little black cord & bow inked on my wrist. The "transparent" ribbon next to it is an idea of my tattoo guy, who said the simple black line was too little (he was right). The two stars on my inner wrist are there to represent my dad and my grandmother, who passed away 3 months apart from each other 10 years ago - I miss them a lot and I think they would never want to see me that upset and depressed, so I pray for their protection from above, and I look at the stars to tell myself I want them to be proud of me...
most of my friends where totally shocked because I really didn't fit their image of someone who might get a tattoo... I wonder what they'll say when I'll go on to have another one (as soon as I have the cash, actually!)
so here it is...

(very hard to take a decent photo of your right wrist, I discovered. the bow is quite centered on the wrist, actually

the stars are actually off-center on the inner wrist, more towards the inside of the arm so that I can see them better when I look down

this gives a better idea of the placement. on the outside portion of the wrist, there's basically more ribbon twisting and turning, freehanded by the tattoo guy at the moment because he had made the design too small and didn't wrap around my wrist all the way, so he placed the bow and the stars, and freehanded the connection!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rennypie
« Reply #602 on: March 15, 2009 02:56:01 PM »

This is in the middle of my left thigh. I love candy and it wasn't exactly how I wanted it to turn out but I plan to add on to it so that it wraps around to the back of my thigh. The background is supposed to be cotton candy clouds!
http://photos-g.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v250/134/87/526485852/n526485852_1350526_387.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #603 on: March 15, 2009 08:38:37 PM »

These last tattoos are great! The octopus is awesome, the knitting needles are awesome too, and in a great spot! (I've never seen a tattoo in that spot on the shoulder before either), the ribbon is heartwarming, and I love the coloring on the candy. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
ewushka

Remember: Artistic is close to autistic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: March 17, 2009 04:41:54 PM »

Here's my latest tattoo.

It's the japanese signs for bear, sun and flower and symbolizes my kids.
My son is called Bjrn which means bear, my eldest daughter is called Nanna and in nordic mythology Nanna was the flower godess, and finally my youngest daughter Elsie was supposed to be called Sol wich means sun, but my ex hb put in his veto, but she's always been my sunshine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jespersson
ewushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #605 on: March 17, 2009 05:02:01 PM »

Here's the one I've been working on for some months now. So far it's about ten hours put in it. My artist is still learning and I'm his guinea pig.

I heard somewhere that mexican sugarskulls are made to honor the dead, and this is my way of honoring my family members that passed away combining it with my love of metal music and crafting (in some strange way)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." (Groucho Marx)

katherine83
Crafter-ific!!!

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 17, 2009 05:41:29 PM »

Ooooh, ewushka, love the skull. Great work for an artist who's still learning.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ain't here to break it...
just see how far it will bend.
blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #607 on: March 17, 2009 06:12:17 PM »

Dang! I thought I was done for awhile.... You have inspired me back into tattoos, ewushka! No idea what I will get next, but I am going to get something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #608 on: March 17, 2009 06:27:08 PM »

That skull is AWESOME! One of the better ones I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
ewushka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: March 17, 2009 06:51:12 PM »

Thanks! I'll make sure to tell my artist. He'll be so very pleased. My HB is doing a similar one, but since he's a true geek (he already has a bad batz maru) he wants to have Manny Calavera for the skull part. It'll be the closest I'll get to a ring anyway Smiley
I have some ideas for more, but first I'll fill in my old one. It's a sun with a moon in the middle and I've had it for ten years so it's time to make it look good again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Picavet for Balloon Photography
7 Items for Awesome Lighted Photos
Home Photography Tips
Child Modeling
Tips to Shorten Camera Shutter Lags
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...