A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Tattoos You've Designed!  (Read 122103 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: January 27, 2009 05:05:06 AM »

Oh how I LOVE to see people brave enough to embrace truth. It will be interesting to see how other folks act when they are faced with this. How many will blow it off, how many will nod in knowing, how many will get angry at the reality of it and how many just might have an epiphany. Beautiful.

Much Peace,
Tero
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
reese299
yep, its like that

a little of column A, and a little of column B...

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 02, 2009 07:11:55 PM »

Lo{ve}-that was such a beautiful story.  As a daughter it would mean the world to me to find a note like that, and as a mom, well, what better way to always stay with your daughter.  I love this, and thank you for sharing.

I need a tissue now. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Whenever I draw a circle, I immediately want to step out of it." -r.b.fuller
Lo{ve}
« Reply #482 on: February 02, 2009 09:32:19 PM »

Lo{ve}-that was such a beautiful story.  As a daughter it would mean the world to me to find a note like that, and as a mom, well, what better way to always stay with your daughter.  I love this, and thank you for sharing.

I need a tissue now. Cry

thank you  Smiley
it really is the most amazing feeling to look in the mirror and see how much she cared and showed it with such few words.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mr.sweets4ever

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 03, 2009 09:12:53 AM »

I need a tissue now. Cry

thank you  Smiley
it really is the most amazing feeling to look in the mirror and see how much she cared and showed it with such few words.

Very moving.  The tattoo was well done as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hello there!  I'm the signature, thanks for looking.
ladidagrl

forget regret. or life is yours to miss.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: February 04, 2009 06:55:46 AM »

i had my 7th done in new york with my best friend, our birthdays are 2 days apart and we met in new york for our 10th birthday since we've met, so it's kind of my favorite, but yea here it is:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #485 on: February 04, 2009 01:27:16 PM »

The note story made me cry, it's a great sentiment!

This is my newest tattoo, less then a week old.  I love it!

It's on my left inner forearm.

Gorgeous!! I want a poem or affirmation written on the same spot! Yours is beautiful and I love what you chose. Its so true!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'performer....costume') maven.
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: February 04, 2009 03:12:45 PM »

ladidagrl I like your stars, are they random or purposely placed? I'm a Libra true and blue, so I'm quite particular about the balance and placement of my tattoos.

I have this one which is kinda a memorial to the baby I had over 3 years ago. DH and I (before he was husband) got pregnant and everything went fine until we went to a gaming convention in Anaheim 5 months into pregnancy. Long story short, I started having contractions, water broke in the hotel bathroom, rushed back home and was forced to have my baby when he was only 20 weeks. We had our 2 hours with him in the hospital and several months later were told that I had a thyroid issue and it would be extremely hard to conceive again. So we got tattoos to remind us of the small gift god gave us. Problem is the artist that did my tattoo thought it would be a great idea to use the same needle size throughout the entire project and scarred up my arm pretty bad. As a gift to my self I want to pretty it up a bit but have no ideas how to do that. Any one have any ideas? My husbands came out so pretty. Its very realistic, although its not scaled to size, for detailed reasons.

His tattoo on his left inside forearm.

My tattoo, when new but not as detailed.

This is what it looks like now. Sorry for the huge white arms. Crafting isn't exactly sand volleyball.  Wink

I'm sure you can see the scarring on the inside of the feet prints, and I was thinking or giving them a baby blue tint around them or maybe some baby blocks beside them. I just can't figure out how to make it look nicer. Its sentiment mean alot to me like Lo{ve}'s letter from her mother. Which made me cry by the way. Smiley    Can anyone help me? Please.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reese299
yep, its like that

a little of column A, and a little of column B...

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 04, 2009 04:26:41 PM »

v3nu5-what a lovely idea for a tattoo.  I am so sorry for your loss.

My advice would be to find a local tattoo artist (or two or three) and ask for their professional opinion on what they would do with it.  Most artist will at least give you a general idea on what they could.  If you find someone you like and trust, have them draw something up for you.  My artist charges a twenty dollar deposit for a custom drawing, but is well worth it.  The twenty bucks is then put towards the price of the tattoo, so it all works out.  That is my two cents.  Good luck and make sure to post pics if you do have work done!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Whenever I draw a circle, I immediately want to step out of it." -r.b.fuller
Lo{ve}
« Reply #488 on: February 04, 2009 06:48:41 PM »

i would definitely ask a few tattoo artists for their opinion, as that is what they're best at!

but maybe you could someone incorporate his name, or a date in there?

but i really do love these tattoos and how realistic they seem:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #489 on: February 04, 2009 07:48:27 PM »

a girl in my class was pretty badly scarred by a heavy-handed artist using one needles size throughout an entire blackwork piece. Although not meant to have as much detail as yours, it was still very noticable.
She had ultrasound therapy done to minimize hypersensitivity of the scar tissue, then LOTS of massage therpay to help break down the scar tissue.
She has spoken to many artists and now has an appointment coming up to have it reworked...
Def talk to a couple artists; get a feel for them and what they can offer you. And seriously consider something to break down scar tissue - I'm a big fan of massage (worked wonders on my lobes after I had them cut) but I'm also biased...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Knots Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Milano Cookies Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Jean Jacket Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Pencil Sculpture by Robin Antar
The Wall Sculpture by Robin Antar
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...