A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Tattoos You've Designed!  (Read 122579 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #360 on: November 28, 2008 03:09:22 PM »

yeah. they were 2 different artists. im not going back to the guy that did the same thing on  a different girl. im just bitchy about my anchor.lol. the ship was a sailor jerry flash where i chose different colors. the anchor however, was all mine and my boyfriend's idea....the porthole was all my bf. idk im just babying that one after what happened to me before.

i know people say copying is a form of flattery, but too much of ME has ended up on other people or copied by other people im just fed up with it. asking for my artist is one thing, asking for my tat, a whole different story.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008 10:44:39 AM by Ahoy Sailor! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: November 28, 2008 11:21:57 PM »

I one drew a tattoo for a friend. It was completely original based on one of our inside jokes. The guy who tattooed her took the drawing from my sketchbook to make the carbon of it and I noticed that he also copied some of my other sketches.... I asked him if he planned to pay me and he said no. So I spit on his car  Grin I don't go back to that place but I hate knowing that my sketches are on their wall without my permission.

Flattery is all well and good and they say there is no honor among thieves but are we really aiming to be thieves?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #362 on: November 29, 2008 05:16:38 AM »

I've had my artist take my drawings as well...after inking them for friends that I drew them for.
However, I know this guy very well, and he uses them in his portfolio of completed work, not as flash. He won't do the EXACT same tat twice (unless it's from purchased flash)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockindancer86

$2.99 a gallon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: November 29, 2008 06:56:09 AM »

I'm going to get my first tattoo tomorrow! I'm so excited Smiley  I've been thinking about it for 3 years and working on the design for two. However, the artist has been working on his version (which of course is fine, I'm happy to have other ideas to make it better) but I don't think I like what he wants to do... so if we can't figure it out it won't happen. Sad The main problem is that, after much deliberating, I decided I want it on my foot, but he doesn't think there's enough space on my foot. I think there is - he said it will have to be palm-sized (which is absolutely fine), and there's room on my foot for that! Well, hopefully it'll work out. If it's not just how I want it, I won't do it, but we'll see.

Ohhh excited!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life-in-Japan, crafts, musings, etc blog here: "Gooooo Japan!" at http://www.rockindancer86.blogspot.com

Excuse me, Mister Pete, have the Cubans a different beat? If they have will you teach me to chick-chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom?
fairweatherknitter
« Reply #364 on: November 29, 2008 12:38:54 PM »

I one drew a tattoo for a friend. It was completely original based on one of our inside jokes. The guy who tattooed her took the drawing from my sketchbook to make the carbon of it and I noticed that he also copied some of my other sketches.... I asked him if he planned to pay me and he said no. So I spit on his car  Grin I don't go back to that place but I hate knowing that my sketches are on their wall without my permission.

Flattery is all well and good and they say there is no honor among thieves but are we really aiming to be thieves?

Thats stealing.. I dont care .. it is!  I wish you could go in with a cop and ask what your rights were right in the shop. Your friend is a witness that he just took without asking!  That really bugs me.  He didnt ask permission so in my books that is stealing.
The End.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockindancer86

$2.99 a gallon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: November 30, 2008 02:06:57 AM »

(this part's long, skip it if you want) I got mine today!! *happy happy* It's still red and bloody but I'm too excited not to post it. It's nothing like my original design, but it worked out well and I like it. The only thing is that it wasn't supposed to be filled in - it was supposed to be all outlines, but I think there was a miscommunication because of the language barrier (I live in Japan). The flowers are supposed to be California Golden Poppies, which, as their name suggests, are generally not reddish brown. I didn't realize what he was doing until it started really hurting (wasn't so bad for the lines), then I realized he was coloring it... luckily, I like it, even though it's not what it was supposed to be. Anyway...

So, I'm from California (hence California Poppies), and languages are very important to me. As is, uh, hope. The words are 'hope' in Spanish, English, Japanese and Russian. So, that's what the tattoo is about, basically. Oh, and it's done in brown, by the way, not black.

Happy happy!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008 02:10:54 AM by rockindancer86 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life-in-Japan, crafts, musings, etc blog here: "Gooooo Japan!" at http://www.rockindancer86.blogspot.com

Excuse me, Mister Pete, have the Cubans a different beat? If they have will you teach me to chick-chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom?
mrskimmyl
« Reply #366 on: November 30, 2008 05:34:05 AM »

It's lovely! I'm (originally) from Cali too, so I especially love the poppies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ManiacChick
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2008 07:58:51 PM »

ok....so I just turned 18 tuesday and got a tattoo wed. Its a pink moose....not bullwinkle lol  

The color aren't showing very good in the pink cause its a crappy webcam pic and its scabbed at the moment

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #368 on: December 01, 2008 04:12:03 PM »

I love this thread!!

I got a very simple tattoo this weekend. I never thought i would get words tattood on me but i did.  Grin
its a crappy phone pic but you get the idea.

It says - Where there is love there is life. Its a Ghandi quote that I love.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
rockindancer86

$2.99 a gallon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: December 02, 2008 12:24:30 AM »

I love this thread!!

I got a very simple tattoo this weekend. I never thought i would get words tattood on me but i did.  Grin

Nice, I like it! Haha, I never thought I'd get words either. When I planned mine, the words were definitely not the focus - the flowers were. But it ended up opposite! Smiley I like that quote a lot, by the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Cloud
How to Paint a Flower Using Watercolors
How to Paint Trees
How to Paint Flowers
How to Select Your Graffiti Supplies
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...