A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Tattoos You've Designed!  (Read 121061 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jrsloane1

Knit Free or Die

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2008 07:08:52 PM »

wow, that color looks awesome. super colorful pieces always make me wish mine was color and not black and gray.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Truth Is Out There
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2008 08:36:06 PM »

Wow! Love the vividness on that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadegreen
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2008 08:53:40 PM »

Newest work! One day my sleeve will be complete...one day.

This tattoo is actually covering up a large amount of scars I have been living with for a number of years and am really self-concious of. You can't see them AT ALL anymore. I feel so much better about my body and myself. Cheesy

Everybody elses tattoos are so kick arse! I can't wait to get more done now. I'm itching for it.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 09:08:27 PM by jadegreen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2008 09:18:24 PM »

I'm interested to know where your scars are underneath. I have a raised scar on my forearm, near my elbow that's about 1"-1.5" long and I haaaate it and thought about doing that but wasn't sure if it would emphasize it instead of hiding it. Did it hurt more than your non-scarred skin?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
jadegreen
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2008 09:52:49 PM »

I'm interested to know where your scars are underneath. I have a raised scar on my forearm, near my elbow that's about 1"-1.5" long and I haaaate it and thought about doing that but wasn't sure if it would emphasize it instead of hiding it. Did it hurt more than your non-scarred skin?

Ok I have marked out where the scars are. I mean if you WANT to find them you can by feel, and the fact that if they are held on the right angle under light you can see that the skin is shinier. All of my scars are quiet old so they were flat to the skin. I have been waiting years for them to be flat enough and am so glad they are covered up finally. I went through a really bad stage of depression due to a lot of things going on in my life when I was a teenager and once I fixed the problems in my life I was left with these horrible ugly reminders of how bad I felt. I am so glad now I can look down and see something beautiful instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2008 11:01:19 PM »

Wow that's great that they were able to be covered so well! I looked back at the original and couldn't find any. Were your scars raised originally? It sounds like our scars are from the same thing so that gives me hope cuz I've had mine for at least 5 years and I don't remember it being much bigger than it is now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
horrorbot
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2008 12:45:20 AM »

Speaking of scars, the insides of my legs are scarred up aswell, and I got them tattooed to hide them. Exceptionally effective!

Here is a picture of my legs, theres only a few that I have on them-
You'll see a Jhonen Vasquez tattoo, and the start of a custom work my artist is doing with inspirations from Happy Tree Friends and Zombie movies.

Here is a close-up of the back of my left leg, it's Mark of the Dark Lord-inspired (extra blood, of course). Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2008 09:32:23 AM »

I'm so glad that you were able to put beauty over the scars of the past.  Way to OVERCOME!   Once I heard that our past provides a lot of manure, but with hope we are able to make our roses bloom better than ever because of all the fertilizer that they are placed upon.  Your tat reminded me of that.  Keep on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
jadegreen
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2008 02:29:17 PM »

Wow that's great that they were able to be covered so well! I looked back at the original and couldn't find any. Were your scars raised originally? It sounds like our scars are from the same thing so that gives me hope cuz I've had mine for at least 5 years and I don't remember it being much bigger than it is now.

Yeah they used to be quite badly raised and purple but for years I have been rubbing this stuff called bio-oil into them which is used to reduce scars and stretch marks. Apparently even the rubbing helps, something to do with loosening up the tissue and helping circulation in the area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
savagelyric
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2008 08:11:44 AM »

Hey everyone

I'm a looooong way from being able to post up crafty project photos at the moment so I was pleased when i saw this thread because I can contribute to this one  Cheesy!

Here is a photo of my favourite of three tattoos I have:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Gracefinished2.jpg
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008 03:42:47 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to insert picture for new member! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bling your photos
Man Turns Damaged Tree Into A Magnificent Work of Art
Jeff Koons on How Art Enlightens Him
The Future of Aesthetics with Dale Chihuly
Nudity & Anatomy: 18th-Century Statue Causes a Scandal
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...