A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Tattoos You've Designed!  (Read 121078 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mansonette
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2009 04:26:07 AM »

Ohhh that's where my crafty tattoos are at too! that area is kind of a b**** isn't it? Looks great Cheesy With mine, the swelling went down in like 2 days...hopefully it'll be quickish for you because that's really the worst part haha.

Have you posted pictures of yours?  I was excited to post, but kinda hesitant, cuz I don't want someone to get the same thing, because it was so personal.  Well, I think any good tattoo artist wouldn't take a picture of a tattoo and duplicate it...and any one that would...oh well.  I'm gonna not think about it.

I only have one other tattoo...a very small fairy girl on my left wrist on the inside.  That one didn't hurt at all.  This one hurt a bunch!  I felt like he was trying to amputate my leg off at the knee.  Why do we pay people to hurt us?  Oh yeah, cuz it's amazing in the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #511 on: February 06, 2009 04:50:37 AM »

that's an awesome piece! I love the buttons Cheesy

I have both legs done, and that placement is a b**** for sure, but still love the outcome. The worst is that I'm going to have to go for a touch-up. inking over scar tissue isn't fun... But I was (unknown to me) pregnant at the time, and had some major edema issues when it was healing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #512 on: February 06, 2009 06:21:09 AM »

Have you posted pictures of yours?  I was excited to post, but kinda hesitant, cuz I don't want someone to get the same thing, because it was so personal.  Well, I think any good tattoo artist wouldn't take a picture of a tattoo and duplicate it...and any one that would...oh well.  I'm gonna not think about it.

I only have one other tattoo...a very small fairy girl on my left wrist on the inside.  That one didn't hurt at all.  This one hurt a bunch!  I felt like he was trying to amputate my leg off at the knee.  Why do we pay people to hurt us?  Oh yeah, cuz it's amazing in the end.

Yeah I posted mine:

The best picture I have, the sewing machine was all swollen and icky then still (I think it was 1-2 days afterward). I'm not SUPER worried about anyone copying mine, because any tattoo artist worth his/her salt wouldn't copy a tattoo someone printed out off the internet, so I figure anyone who would is probably not a very good artist anyways and would do a crappy job. Which, I'm well aware, is a bit of an oversimplification and not always true (since talent and ethics don't always coincide), but it makes me feel better Tongue

I'm *hopefully* starting on my back piece soon, which I am NOT looking forward to pain wise, but super excited about art-wise. Cheesy So far I haven't picked an "easy" spot for a tattoo, haha, I have those^, and then a decent-sized one on my hip (which wasn't so bad towards the back where there's more fat, but on the hip bone...oooh ouch I still remember that two years later).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
mansonette
« Reply #513 on: February 06, 2009 03:36:37 PM »

I sure was thinking about the whole...copying artists are probably crappy artists, but I refrained myself.  I'll just think the same.  I mean.  I did look at pictures online for ideas (which I couldn't find too many of suprisingly), so it's only fair I guess.

I do remember seeing your tattoos before.  I really like them.  They look like they really balance each other.  You have a really talented artist. 

I'm looking forward to seeing any others that you get!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #514 on: February 06, 2009 07:09:21 PM »

I sure was thinking about the whole...copying artists are probably crappy artists, but I refrained myself.  I'll just think the same.  I mean.  I did look at pictures online for ideas (which I couldn't find too many of suprisingly), so it's only fair I guess.

ha, well, there's a big difference between taking inspiration in someone elses' tattoos and actually copying them, you know? Inspiration isn't a problem (I know I look at a LOT of sewing tattoos honestly) but exactly copying someone elses' tattoos is totally unethical (not to mention unprofessional) and unfair to the other artist and the person who has the tattoo. Like I said, not to be ya know, a five letter b-word, but any tattoo artist who is unprofessional enough to do that, I wouldn't get a tattoo from anyways.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
try.fail.repeat
Driven by insomnia and DIY.

It is possible to jazzersize to Slayer.

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 09, 2009 09:57:28 PM »

to change your image viewing settings please click here

My tattoo still has a little ways to go. I'm about halfway done with it. This is just a little update from my outline pics from last month. I got the background shading done on Friday. Adding both of my sittings together I've got about 5.5 to 6 hours in on it. This last sitting was 3 hours.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009 10:34:00 PM by MareMare - Reason: to add mature img tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P. US Army Pfc. Jason Cox 06.16.08
Lo{ve}
« Reply #516 on: February 09, 2009 10:07:51 PM »

wow that's beautiful, and amazing. i admire you so much for sitting through that, rib tattoos are not easy. the detail is amazing, you seem like you have quite the artist working on you  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nadezh Star
« Reply #517 on: February 09, 2009 11:46:47 PM »

Here are mine!! I got them when I was 16 (back) 17 (ribs) and 18 (arm) and Im going to get another this year (..19!!)

The one says "you are my sweetest downfall, i loved you first" from Samson Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SHES.CRAFTY
« Reply #518 on: February 10, 2009 09:47:43 AM »

Nadezh Star, I love the Regina Spektor lyric on your arm! Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #519 on: February 10, 2009 11:21:33 AM »

gorgeous! amazing work ladies. i love japanese work and i love how its in black and white!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Males Doing Nails with Sophy Robson
Beauty from Around the World: Bubzbeauty
The Best Makeup for Your Eye Shape
Get Kate Moss’ Chiseled Cheekbones
How to Save Time and Money on Your Morning Beauty Routine
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...