A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
842 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Tattoos You've Designed!  (Read 114089 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 20, 2008 05:36:19 PM »

Please keep this thread for...
  • Tattoos on yourself
  • Tattoos you've personally designed and have been inked on someone else
  • Tattoos you have physically tattooed on yourself or someone else

Please post ideas and discussions of tattoos you're considering in the future on this thread: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!

Thanks all!  Smiley

-jungrrl

with the tat being off center it could have also been how you were sitting/standing at the time. Noone will really notice it unless they look closely. My sister has a wolf head on her shoulder that was ment to be baying at the moon... its barking instead. She was really pissy for a bit (especially at Mum who told the tattoist to put it that way  Roll Eyes) but learnt to love it. The risks you take huh  Cheesy Ive seen the good, Ive seen the bad and Im going to get a decent sized one as soon as I can afford it (a phoenix about hand sized on the shoulder  Cheesy)
Ive only got one little one at the moment (my Dad paid for it, I wanted to get one ages before this one but he said if I waited hed pay... free tattoo  Huh yup Ill wait  Wink only thing was it had to be little)

here it is about 6 months old, its 3 years now since I got it done and hasnt faded yet. Took the guy 45minutes to do it and the only part that hurt was the angle he had my ankle on, oh and going over the bone was pretty nasty as well but not too bad  Grin
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009 04:23:19 PM by MareMare - Reason: change subject » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
T-Unit

Zomg. I <3 You Jack & Ianto

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008 08:59:55 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/tatt_008_Large_.jpg[/img]

The colours suck in the pic, it's turquoise and navy. Can you all notice the flaw, or do I write it off as part of it being "original" and "unique"?
[/quote]

I can see it. It's not about it being off centre. It's something you have to be careful of in celtic type designs. I personally think it looks great regardless. A little bit of uniqueness in a world where we all have to be the same. Sometimes It's good to break the rules.

I actually love it and may use the idea to design something a little different.

No tattoo's yet but it's only a matter of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal integrity and being true to yourself. True keys to happiness.

Wist
Radmom
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008 09:12:59 AM »

Ok always start with the first tattoo since that gives the addiction. LOL
Note: images really suck. I took them in bad lighting. sorry.

11 years ago...last minute when my best friend was supposed to be getting ready to go to the airport back to NY. She decides lets get ink'd, I agree. We get same tat reversed colors. We ended up having to call her ex b/f to get us from that tattoo parlor to get her at the airport within 15 minutes. He had a sup'ed up mustang. Got there in time..I should say running through airport and she hands ticket has they are ready to close door to  plane. LOL

Big mistake...had an ex b/f during the time my husband and i were seperated for almost a year. He still has my name across his chest in a heart. I had a friend color out the names. This one was 10 years ago.

This turned out to be a sad tattoo...This was a tribute to my deceased brothers. They both commited suicide with same gun 2 years apart. Ricky was 17(the oldest of us three) I was 16 and Robbie was 15 when he died. Then when Robbie turned 17 he shot himself, and I was 18. When I was 28 my mom asked what I wanted for xmas and I said I wanted a tattoo for my brothers, but it would be expensive. she never thought twice about the money. The tattoo artist is no longer in business from to many complaints. He placed neosporin on it right after all the work. So it leached out almost all of the ink. Cry

The celtic symbol was a random i want a tat day... My son was 8/9 at the time and he picked it out. The Cross was a year ago. It reminds me that Jesus died for my sins (I'm Catholic) and the wings are St. Michael who helps me in times of strength.

here is what it looked like just finished.
next

I grew up in the 70/80s so shrooms were always around...Then I became vegetarian so it all seemed to make sense: Cheesy

This is my husbands' name in Kanji. My daughter has a friend who is chinese very smart girl. She wrote the symbols for me. His name is Mark. I do intend to add much more to this arm. I want a whole asian inspired piece put on it.
But that is all mine for now. I know I will get more. Thanks for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008 01:24:31 PM »

Healed up photos of my latest:

The second one is a little blurry. The first one shows the clean, awesome (I am still FANTASTICALLY happy with it) lines and everything muchhhhh better. They both look a little wonky because it is disturbingly hard to get a picture of the back of your lower leg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
katiekutthroat
one sassy southern crafter.. not for the easily offended

Thin line between adorable and appalling!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008 01:28:15 PM »

Healed up photos of my latest:

The second one is a little blurry. The first one shows the clean, awesome (I am still FANTASTICALLY happy with it) lines and everything muchhhhh better. They both look a little wonky because it is disturbingly hard to get a picture of the back of your lower leg.

i love it!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008 01:28:56 PM by batgirl - Reason: please don't include images in quotes - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008 01:35:24 PM »

yep. it's awesome. gah i LOVE this board!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
clrowi
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008 02:27:52 PM »

ambiguous.miss nailed it:
I can see it. It's not about it being off centre. It's something you have to be careful of in celtic type designs
The weave was distorted when she modified it for me.

I totally don't have a problem with it being off to the right like that, it's done that way to line up with my but crack actually, which is LITERALLY _just_ below the pant liine there. That's the positioning problem. I have gotten pretty sneaky and sneak my thumb down my pants to feel when the crack is sneaking up so that, hopefully, no one gets a peep show!!

And thank you to those who are saying it stills looks nice. I do like to think I am a pretty original gal, so to have such and original tattoo is cool with me. (I get better at acceptance every time someone new comments on it- ridiculous I know!)

Oh, I do so love that "DIY or DIE" skull and all the craft-related tatts too. I love tatts with names too, my next will be my daughters name and birthdae on my wrist in my MOm's hanwritting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robotragicomedy
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008 02:04:58 PM »

The colours suck in the pic, it's turquoise and navy. Can you all notice the flaw, or do I write it off as part of it being "original" and "unique"?

It's hardly noticable, and it is kind of cool that it seems like a spider swinging on a thread. :3

There are some mistakes in my tattoo (my avatar), though when I show someone else they're like "what are you talking about?" I think it's because it's on my body and so I see it and scrutinize it all the time. It doesn't bother me much. I still love it love it love it, and it reminds me that "There is no beauty without some strangeness in the proportion."

Edit:
I wanted to post a picture of my tattoo now that it's completely healed and not all red and raw. :'D

I love the placement. It flows really well with my anatomy. I guess it's about...6 months old now. Still totally diggin it, never regretted it once!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008 02:38:54 PM by Robotragicomedy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I go to seek a Great Perhaps.

whatintheworld.etsy .com
clrowi
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008 04:49:14 PM »

Yah, I think the scrutinizing one's own body is a major flaw we all have!!
So, seeing as Robotragicomedy just set such a good example, I have a question for yas- How painful is it to get tatted on your side like that? The guy next to me at the shop was getting his done there and he looked like he was about ready to die!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008 03:28:44 PM »

Thank you for the compliments guys Smiley

I got it at JUST the right time, as I'm wearing more skirts now since it's warmed up the last few days. It healed pretty fast too, completely by 2 weeks or so.

clrowi - I have another tattoo in about the same place as Robotragicomedy does, and it really depended on the exact spot the needle was at. Closer to my back/butt it almost tickled, when it was on top of my hip bone I thought I was going to DIE. (didn't help that that was my first tattoo, hahaha)

It was the same with the DIY or DIE one...wasn't bad at all lower on the leg, but up top by the knee...horrible. my leg kept twitching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegan-Style Mac and Cheese
A Midwestern Twist on Chicken Vesuvio
Southern Fried Chicken – Made by a Kentucky Native
Barbecue Shrimp With Maze Jackson in Chicago, IL
Award-Winning Shrimp Linguini With Craig Hazelbaker in Cedar Rapids, IA
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...