A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need help! Making a batman costume for a Jack/Pug cross.  (Read 1135 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AbbyRose
« on: February 11, 2009 04:23:49 PM »

UPDATE: Completed costume is here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=296248.msg3372030#msg3372030

A friend asked if I could make a costume for her 'jug', (Jack Russel and Pug cross). His name is Bruce because her boyfriend is a huge batman fan. Anyway, she would like a shirt with the batman symbol on it and/or a cape to match. I'd like to also make a mask or some kind of head piece. Does anyone have ideas for patterns or where I could find one? Also, what measurements would I need from her to make sure it fits?

Any help is appreciated!

Oh, and here is a pic of Bruce for your inspiration:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009 07:28:05 AM by AbbyRose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreatio ns.ca
Lady_Frog
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009 09:58:29 AM »

hes so tiny!!!i just want to snugle him and kiss him and AAWW!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009 10:11:41 PM »

This was quite awhile ago, but I'll still post my two cents. I don't know about a headpiece, but a cape oughtta be easy. You'd need his neck and chest measurements. Make a trapezoid out of black cloth that would fit across his back and applique/paint/whatever the bat symbol onto it. Then, at the neck end, you'll attach a strap to one side of the cape that's as long as his neck measurement minus the width of the cape plus 1 inch or so. Put velcro on the end of the strap and on the other side of the cape. Do the same around his chest (strap going around and under him to velcro on the other side). Know what I mean???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AbbyRose
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009 07:27:30 AM »

This was quite awhile ago, but I'll still post my two cents. I don't know about a headpiece, but a cape oughtta be easy. You'd need his neck and chest measurements. Make a trapezoid out of black cloth that would fit across his back and applique/paint/whatever the bat symbol onto it. Then, at the neck end, you'll attach a strap to one side of the cape that's as long as his neck measurement minus the width of the cape plus 1 inch or so. Put velcro on the end of the strap and on the other side of the cape. Do the same around his chest (strap going around and under him to velcro on the other side). Know what I mean???

Thanks for the tips Smiley I actually already finished the costume long ago but forgot to update this post! Here is a link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=296248.msg3372030#msg3372030
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreatio ns.ca
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bobby from King of the Hill
How to Draw Chibi Sakura Haruno from Naruto
How to Draw Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls
How to Draw Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls
How To Draw Yoroi From Naruto
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...