A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Couture Swap Gallery  (Read 5391 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oneredboot
« on: February 11, 2009 06:05:10 AM »

Post your lovelies here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elizabethn
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009 06:01:43 PM »

Where is everyone??!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizabethsdailyfash ion.blogspot.com
elizabethnormand.et sy.com
wists.com/elizabethn
oneredboot
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009 07:58:47 PM »

most people are sending late, so i think it's that people are waiting for their packages!  i have received my wonderful package from eloise24 but I'm totally delinquent in getting photos up--the items are so lovely that i keep waiting for the perfect lighting/hair/etc.  maybe i should just take photos and post as is!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oneredboot
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009 07:57:04 AM »

OK, the planets aligned this morning and i was able to take photos of the LOVELY package that Eloise24 sent me!

First, a beautiful jersey top with flowy sleeves:

Here are details of the gathers on the shoulders and the construction of the sleeve:

Next, a fabulous necklace made of gauze and inspired by my love of ka pow wow:

Gorgeous earrings that I've worn several times already:

Braided jersey & ribbon necklace and bracelet...Hard to get a good photo of the effect, but when it's worn, the long bits stream down the ends of my back.  Sooo pretty:

A fun stenciled tote making fun of the tote craze!

Detail of the stenciling:

Thank you so very much, Eloise!!!  You made beautiful things just to my taste.  Thank you!!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebz

I make clothes for imaginary people

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009 08:42:58 AM »

What a great package! I love how everything coordinates together. I'm trying to do something similar with the one I'm sending (just two little things left to do).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elizabethn
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009 08:49:12 AM »

Awesome package!! I would kill for that gauze necklace. So cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizabethsdailyfash ion.blogspot.com
elizabethnormand.et sy.com
wists.com/elizabethn
annacharlotte
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009 05:01:22 PM »

I am now in love with KapowWow, too.  Great package.  The braided necklace is gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lemadrid
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009 05:09:29 PM »

so lovely!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iggy.boy
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009 04:13:17 PM »

those kapowowow knock offs are beautiful. i recently saw joodito do one of those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eloise24
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009 04:16:09 PM »

Glad you all like it!

The lettering on the purse is actually drawn. No stencilling was involved. Does the top fit you well, One red boot? I must say that I would love to see a picture of you wearing it!   Smiley

I received your package Monday, as I had just come back from a very hectic week-end (conference on the other side of the country...). What a fabulous way to start the week! It really brightened my day and made me forget that I had spent the night in an airport and on planes and would spend the day teaching. That is, trust me, high praise indeed, considering the miserable state in which I was! Grin

I could not help myself and tore it open between two classes, so no picture of the lovely packaging unfortunately...
One red boot used the pictures I sent her and what she found on my blog to craft accessories to my tastes. A picture was included with each item to show me from where she had found her inspiration. How great is that!

Well, here are the goodies. Thank you so much!

An amusing and cute kilt pin, which I am going to wear as soon as the weather will allow me to get away with wearing a skirt. I have so many kilts in my closet, so this one is sure to see a lot of use!

A brown beret. Sorry about the lighting. The sun has set, so it is hard to take pictures that will do justice to the colours. The wool is a nice shade of dark brown and will go nicely with my spring coat (dark green herringbone).

Beige loose fingerless mittens. They will look fantastic with my favourite skirt, as it is the exact same shade (a marled beige and cream mini)

First Mobius scarf. It is made of two different light beige and cream fabric, of varying texture and pattern.

me wearing it. Pardon the 'extra from the Night of the Living Dead' sickly look. I blame jet lag and too much work.

Second Mobius scarf. Very dark grey in colour, loosely stitched (I wonder what was the gauge of the needles!) and chunky. This one actually has two twists, a rather fun twist (pardon the pun) on the good old Mobius scarf! I had been knitting myself a big cream cowl, keeping in mind a certain picture I had seen online. Well, guess what, that very picture was her source for inspiration too.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009 06:57:21 PM by Eloise24 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Reuse Your Old Road Maps as Placemats
How to Create Gorgeous Silhouette Plates from Old Plates
How to Frame Your Personal Valuables
How to Turn a Leaf Into Art
How to Recycle an Old Door Into a Blackboard
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...