A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A couple of i-phone and cell cozys *TUT ADDED!IMG HEAVY!*  (Read 3175 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Polly Peanut

gone crazy - back soon!

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2009 01:11:16 PM »

I love making these!  Cheesy Still figuring out how to handle the bias-tape the best, but it`s getting better with each item...

Fabrics are from my Amy Butler stash, you don`t need that much of it, so it`s great for using scraps.

Thanks for looking!  Cheesy

Click here for the tutorial!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010 07:28:13 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009 02:25:52 PM »

Nice! And I like the fabrics. Great way to use up some scraps indeed. I keep seeing cool Touch cases and now I really need to either (a) get a LOT better at sewing and make one or (b) give in and buy myself one. Wink Everyone is making such neat styles, I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
elijor
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009 03:06:49 PM »

Love the fabics and such a good way to use up every bit. It looks like you are using ready-made/packaged binding but if you wanted to make your own out of fabric Heather Bailey has a tute. It wouldn't really work for the ready made stuff unless you ironed it flat then folded it in half. But making your own would be easy enough - particularly since you only need small amounts - and would also use up scraps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
helenleeks
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009 06:22:48 PM »

those are fabulous.  how about rounding the corners?  bias tape is designed to do curves well, then you wouldn't have to mitre the corners.

did you use a tute and if so, would you share?  i probably have enough various scraps to make enough to have one for each device for each day of the year (yeah, i'm one sick bitch).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009 08:30:07 PM »

great fabric choices. turned out lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Polly Peanut

gone crazy - back soon!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009 01:25:52 AM »

Thank you all!  Cheesy

@elijor: great link, thanks! But to be honest, most of the times I`m just too lazy to make my own band. But I will definitly try it out.

@helenleeks: Rounding the corners would be a great idea. I will try it out today. I haven`t used a tutorial, but I can make one, if you want. I tried different ways of putting them together, until I finally came up with these. So I guess, after gettin so many great inspirations here on craftster, I could give something back  Grin

@phoenixfiredesigns & TwizditBlood: Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mhills

That's A Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009 05:43:48 AM »

they are great... I would love to see a tutorial on these....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polly Peanut

gone crazy - back soon!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009 12:34:17 PM »

Ok, so I made another one today and took pics along the way - but watch out, it`s piczilla  Grin

First of all, cut out your pieces, one fabric, one lining. For the ipod cozys I used 33 x 13 cm, but you can just make that fitting for your cell.

Attach the soft side of the velcro on the good side of the lining:

Sew the pieces good sides together. Keep the short side where you`ve put on the velcro, open and sew the other three sides.

Now cut out your batting, slightly smaller than your fabrics: (Don`t mind mine, it`s wonky Cheesy )

Now take the batting and put it on the pieces, you will be turning it inside out now.

You should now have something like this:

Attach the other part of the velcro and fold the piece into the size you want it to be:

Cut out two pieces of bias tape. One for the short side and one for the whole thing (plus 4 cm) (I did not meizure that out, just layed the tape around the cozy and added a good piece)

Attach the shorter bias tape:

Attach the rest around the cozy, and voila, you are done!

Hope  that was clear (sorry for the bad pics, my hubby promised to get the frekkin camera fixed this week) , if there are any questions, just let me know! And I would love to see your finished results! Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chocolatebutton
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009 03:05:32 PM »

nice to see the end result, it looks pretty easy to put together as well  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Polly Peanut

gone crazy - back soon!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009 02:34:29 AM »

Thank you! And it is. The only hard part is getting the bias tape on without making it look wonky.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Paper Mache
How to Make Soap
How to Make a Boutonniere
How to Make Dyed Easter Eggs
Homemade Coasters With Kerry Washington
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...