A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
774 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junk Jewerly Necklace Swap - Gallery  (Read 8754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TwistMySister
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2009 12:45:24 AM »

wow the bird and wing are gorgeous!!! so well done, and prettyinkpink...... ... LOVE IT!!!!!! thats really awesome, id so wear that!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2009 04:38:36 AM »

It sounds as though your mother was a wonderful woman :-) I love the idea of wearing a wing in your left ear to symbolise 'left wing' - I have GOT to be getting me a wing earring now! (I could wear two in the left ear, I have two piercings there, to symbolise that I'm more of a far-left extremeist [grin])
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
prettyinkpink
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2009 09:21:55 AM »

Thank you girls for such nice comments  Cheesy, I'm glad that you like the necklace I made.

As I promised here is the story behind every piece I used for the construction of the necklace.

1. I have a cousin of my same age (31) and were very close when we were two little girls.This was a necklace of faux pearls that she gave to my mom on Mothers Day almost twenty years ago. The necklace was long enough to cut in three pieces for this necklace.
2. These golden leaf charms were a pair of earrings.
3. This chain was part of a belt that I never used.
4. This was the centerpiece of a necklace of my mother, until she accidentally broke the rest of it.
5. I adore brooches so my mother bought me a beautiful one that I used at Quinceaera party of one of my cousins. These plastic beads were part of that piece.
6. These also were a pair of earrings that belonged to my grandmother.
7. This was an earring without a post. Its pair is missing. (I also use a broken earring for the center of the hair bow)
8. This was a beautiful rhinestone earring that I love. I kept the other one but is broken.
9. I love Hello Kitty charms so I like to wear them in a chain like a necklace. This was the chain that I used for that purpose.
10. This golden clasp was from a broken bracelet.

This was my first swap is it's awesome! I can't wait to see the rest of the necklaces/bracelets  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegebrarian

I brake for kitsch!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2009 10:04:05 AM »

wonderful story about your mom, kmac. I think it's cool you were willing to share her jewelry in this way ~ and I love the story about the 'left wing' earring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

provides 100% of your daily recommended allowance of glitter
yardenxanthe
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2009 04:46:09 PM »

kmac, what a cool necklace, and it's so neat that you made it out of your mother's old jewelry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

perri clare
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2009 01:37:43 PM »

These are all amazing! Lisa, I totally forgot to take a picture of the necklaces so I can't email you the story behind each piece but when you receive it, if you wouldn't mind taking a snap and I'll let you know.

I just received Lisa's necklace today too - it's also frickin' AWESOME. I was so excited to see the package had arrived. So many lovely gifts inside too. Thanks so much :-)

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Candi_
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2009 06:37:51 PM »

I recived from twistmysister last night i'm so lucky it so pretty and i love the nautical pin up theme Cheesy i even got extra goodies here are the piccies

Thankyou so much again kate awsome swapping with you Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vegebrarian

I brake for kitsch!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2009 08:26:45 PM »

Talk about an exciting day! When I stepped out to leave for work I found my necklace from lylmousy sitting in the mailbox. My camera broke recently so I was bummed about not being able to post a picture...then right after I got home from work my camera returned from the out of state repair place. Woo!

This necklace is gorgeous! I love it!

And here's a shot of the whole kit and caboodle ~

Here's the scoop on all the bits and bobs from lylmousy~
"clockwise from clasp, 1 big green ball was from a 70s costume I wore in high school for a dance.
2 Dangle of green beads (both sides) are a pair of earrings that I had that didn't quite match anything in my wardrobe.
3 Big green button with silver pear: The buttons are from my stash, and the little silver pear was part of a group of little pins that I got from one of my great aunts.
4 4-leaf clover key: Part of a St. Patrick's Day bracelet I had that broke.
5 Green marbled button with bead hanging off: part of a pair of earrings I tried to make.
6 Butterfly charm: From a necklace my cousin bought me when we were younger.
7 Leaf: I made a friend of mine a leaf necklace to go with her tree fairy costume for Halloween.
8 Green button with white flowers: These came off a sweater of mine that met its untimely demise by the dryer.
9 Bird: I  had this in my stash and thought it would look cool.
10 The two green beads on each end of the bird came from this cool oriental knot thing I had on my wall in college.
11 Green button with flower: from same sweater
12 Leaf from necklace project.
13 Silver locket: Came from a necklace my grandmother gave me when I was little.
14 Green marbled buttons: Other half of earring project.
15 Heart Lock: Came from same bracelet as the key.
16 Big green button with silver apple: same as the other side
17 Dangle of green beads: other half of earrings."

The green leaves are glittery and I can't stop looking at them! I love this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

provides 100% of your daily recommended allowance of glitter
mlheran

Jack of all trades

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2009 08:38:19 PM »

Ooooh, lovely new necklaces! I love the red beads and the lovely green/silver combo, respectively they are each awesome!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009 08:38:39 PM by mlheran » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
TwistMySister
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2009 04:13:25 AM »

Thanks candi for posting pics  Cheesy , I hope u like it as much as I love yours!! Cheesy

ok I used your pic and here are my explanations for all the pieces  Smiley :

1 - candi said she liked stars  Wink i had this from a bracelet i made in year 10 highschool [3 years ago] it broke and i randomly found this bead  Cool
2 - a horse shoe pendant, makes me think of luck, and candi wanted a pin up theme, so the brand lucky 13 did kinda clothes like that, also "lady luck" pics etc. i got this off a necklace my mum gave me from this cheapo magazine she bought, it came with it.  Grin
3 - locket shape, again pin up type theme. i found a pack of these years ago in a 2 dollar shop i think.
4 - a green button i got from some markets, it has an anchor on it. sailor girl pin up theme!
5 - a black bead on a head pin, from a necklace i bought when i went to a "disco" maybe when i was 11. i liked the beads so i kept them.
6 - a heart, also came off that cheapo necklace! they look nice though  Smiley
7 - a ship's wheel pendant, an awesome rare find in a closing down store "WA salvage" lol. so cheapo store, but awesome stuff none the less!
8 - big red plastic anchor  charm. i got this from the last past xmas! it came from a cracker i pulled by myself  Grin lol. i thought it was radical
9 - a nautical star, also a cheap cool find in a $2 store years ago!
10 - an old button i found in a op shop, has an anchor on it! i thought it was so cool when i found it amongst a whole jar i bought ages ago.
11 - this heart shape is actually a closure for jewellery, but i thought it looked ok. i got it from a beading kit i received from my best friend for my birthday last year i think it was.
12 - plastic camera button. also from the markets, pin up theme, photo taking haha  Wink
13 - butterfly pendant. also from cheapo necklace from my mums mag!
14 - old peach pearly coloured button from op shop blouse or mums sewing box  Smiley
15 - red chain of different sized beads - from another xmas cracker i think, but from many many years ago!!!! i kept it haha i thought it was way cool  Cool i intertwined it with the silver chain which is holding all the charms, the 2 chains stay together from all the jump rings the charms are stuck on with.

thanks for being the perfect partner candi  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Ways to Wear a Chambray Shirt
Score Major Points in These Stylish Super Bowl Outfits
See How Ashley Greene Nails Old Hollywood Glamour
How to Stay Warm and Fashionable in Winter
Adding Equestrian-Inspired Elbow Patches to Your Sweater or Blazer
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...