A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,033
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junk Jewerly Necklace Swap - Gallery  (Read 8885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lancmaltby
Vintage collector and crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: February 10, 2009 08:20:07 AM »

Post you fabulous pictures here when they arrive
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snazzlecraft

I jumped on the mustache train! CHOO CHOO!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009 05:39:50 AM »

I got my awesome necklace from yardenxanthe on Monday and I love it!!  It is amazing and looks so cool on, I can't even tell you!  What do you think!?

And she sent me some thumb tacks she made....funny thing is she has no idea that I literally just pulled out my cork board and was gonna hang it up this week by my computer to start keeping track of my swap information/schedule/etc.  Hilarious!  What a coincidence!  There are on my cork board now and they look AMAZING!  Thanks yardenxanthe!!!!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009 05:41:06 AM by snazzlecraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009 07:13:06 AM »

Oh man, I do really like the chain idea.  Now I'm rethinking, but That'sWhatSheSaid said she liked mine, so hopefully that's the truth!  Do you have the story behind the charms, yardenxanthe?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
lylmousy
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009 07:19:03 AM »

Very pretty Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only exceptionally rational people can afford to be absurd.
snazzlecraft

I jumped on the mustache train! CHOO CHOO!!

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009 08:07:34 AM »

Do you have the story behind the charms, yardenxanthe?

She did send me a photo of the necklace that was numbered and told me the story behind all the charms.  I am sure I can share it.  I will pull the paper out today and type it all up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyinkpink
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009 08:41:12 AM »

I love it, the color and the textures of the beads and charms are awesome.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009 08:47:19 AM by prettyinkpink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeleyes410
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009 08:48:23 AM »

Pretty!

*swap anxiety!!!* Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yardenxanthe
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009 08:24:08 PM »

Oh! I didn't even know you got it. Somehow I missed the fact that it arrived!! I'm glad you liked it! I thought it turned out so cool!

Here's the info!

I got a lot of this stuff at Katherine's house when I was doing a zine reading at the library with a make and take craft project. I made packets of random goodies to glue to magnets, thumbtacks, and pin backs. So the project is long over, and I still have a decent amount of random (mostly broken) jewelry.

What's Katherine's house? Katherine is a friend of mine who collects bins of jewelry from Goodwill and separates, cleans, and matches it all up. This is her hobby and she loves to do it. Her house is FULL of jewelry, and she sells earrings for $1 a pair, so I've gone over to her house a few times and purchased stuff, either for projects, or just to wear. A lot of the components of this necklace were gotten from trips to Katherine's.

1. The star is from some 80s-looking star earrings. I used it for a link in the necklace, repeated two or three other spots on the necklace (near #10 and past #16). The bead cluster was found in my mom's bead box. I had attached it to a stitch marker, but I removed it to use for this project.

2. The apple is from a necklace I got for my bday from Erika from Texas Haute Sauce. It broke, so I cannibalized it for this project.

3. The green bead cluster is from a necklace I got from Robotpop.etsy.com.

4. Wrapped pearl is from some earrings I got from Katherine's. Net-covered pearl (on #11) is from same pair, and little pearls on #7 and #15 are also.

5. A rhinestone button I wired to a jumpring so it would face forward (not down)

6. Black charm from a pair of (vintage?) earrings from Katherine's.

7. Pearl, from #4 earrings. Wooden glittery heart I wired to a link, also from Katherine's. Gold diamondy-shaped thing from Katherine's, too. I added the other one on the opposite side (#11) to keep the feel of the necklace symmetrical.

8. I love this one! Rhinestone cluster from a vintage clip-on earring. I wired it to an oval-shaped chain loop - I think it's cool!

9. From a pair of earrings, also from Katherine's. The red bead is from the necklace mentioned in #2. The button is combined with a small piece of these cool art deco earrings I got (yep, at Katherine's... I'm telling you, her house is amazing!)

10. Another star link (#1) and a bead cluster from same necklace as #3

11. Other half of diamondy earrings in #7, pearl/net bead from #4 earrings. Random gold/pearl at the top is from Katherine's.

12. Cool telephone from a pair of clip-ons from Katherine's.

13. Green freshwater pearl from same necklace as #2.

14. Petit point from a pair of clip on earrings - I bent it when trying to remove the pokey part that was sticking out of the back of it! Oops! I still like it, so I used it.

15. A button + pearl combo. Simple, but I like the look!

16. The butterfly is from a barrette I got in the late 90s that never quite worked for me, 'cause it closed in the opposite direction I part my hair in = it would always be upside-down the way I would naturally use it!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009 08:25:53 PM by yardenxanthe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lancmaltby
Vintage collector and crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009 08:54:04 PM »

Can I just say ** Beautiful**. Don't you just love the story behind all the charms. You did an amazing job!!! One of a kind masterpiece!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009 08:56:04 PM by lancmaltby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calliel

Oh fudgemuffins.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009 09:04:30 PM »

So cooooooool, OMG I'm so excited for this gallery Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not doing personal swaps right now, but if you're interested, go ahead and PM me anyway--maybe we can work it out for later. Smiley

Check out my mineral makeup on Etsy!

Blog: http://omgkate.blogspot.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/Calliel
Etsy: http://luire.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Funny Cartoons with Existing Pictures
How to Make HD-Quality Videos with Camtasia Studio
How to Create Moving Text GIFs
How to Use Prolines Vol 2 Sports Poster
How to Add Smaller Images to a Larger One
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...