A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: working on "under the hoodie"!  (Read 51625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tns
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2004 08:42:03 PM »

this is a fun project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strangelittlemama
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2004 09:36:33 PM »

How are you doing on yours, tns? I put mine away for a few days after having to frog almost an entire sleeve. I spent the last couple days sewing up Silas' sweater instead. I think I'll work on it somemore tonight.
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tns
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2004 02:53:43 AM »

hee hee, i took a several day break, too.  i'd gotten to the pu stitches for the front left part and decided i needed to save that for a time  i could concentrate.  after more than two false starts on the sleeves, i decided the hoodie wanted a breather.  i got some christmas presents finished, though.  cool.

i picked it up again (too) late last night (i had to get up super stupid early this morning), and i was so relieved that the picking up part was so straightforward i just had to post.

i can't believe i won't be able to wear this thing until the middle of october at the EARLIEST!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
strangelittlemama
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2004 01:33:10 PM »

doh! Now I am having sleeve issues! I've done the increase 9 times and ir already measures 10"-- it's supposed to measure 18.5 after 19 increases and then some! I'm going to start doing the increases every 4th row and see if that helps. I don't want super long sleeves or weird billowy ones! Ayeeeee!
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JustonsGirl
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2004 12:15:52 PM »

I love this pattern! It's my first sweater and it's coming along pretty well.  I finished the front, back, and one sleeve, but the sleeve aggrivated me so I just decided to start on the hood first.  I had the same problem with the sleeve being too big according to the pattern, but I just decided to stop when the sleeve seemed big enough and I'm crossing my fingers that it will work!!  Hopefully this will be done soon! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"behind every great man there's a woman rolling her eyes":-)
tns
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2004 02:00:35 PM »

hi, JustonsGirl.  sounds like we are working in the same order.  i, too, have the front, backl and one sleeve done and am working on the hood now. 

for those of yall who've finished, how do you like the way the hood turned out?  i am just starting it, and it just seems like it is going to be really narrow.  i can visualize how it is worked into a big panel, separated onto two needles and then all stitches are B'd O together, but i was just thinking i might do a few increases to make it a little bit more roomy.  i hate peanut-head hoodie syndrome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gerbera

too much craft, not enough time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2004 02:18:22 PM »

I did a few increases on the hood in the first 10 rows as I didn't seem to have the number of stitches that the pattern said.  even though I followed it correctly.  I am happy with my hood now, and onto sleeves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodkarma
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2004 02:45:34 PM »

I've wanted to make this ever since I browsed through my friend's copy of the book, before I started knitting, too. Finally, I do have the yarn for it (Cascade Lana d'Oro, courtesy of the WEBS sale a while back), but I think I'll wait until September to knit it. I'm in tank top mode right now!

Here's my yarn. The purple will be the main body, the dark green is the skinny stripe, and the lighter green is the big stripe and sleeves.

I'll keep watching all of your progress in the meantime!

goodkarma
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tns
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2004 04:55:56 PM »

um, yeah.  it occurs to me that i am very unlikely to actually wear the hood part (too much experience with the dreaded peanut-head thing).  since it is only for show, i guess the exact fit doesn't matter much.

goodkarma, i've GOT to get to a better moniter!  though your yarn looks lovely, they just look like different shades of blue on my screen!  i wonder what everyone else's hoodies actually look like! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodkarma
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2004 09:30:36 PM »

You know, I had a hard time taking a good picture of these yarns for some reason. It's probably my camera and the lighting. Sad

Can't wait to see everyone's finished hoodies!

goodkarma
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Richard Blais’ 10-Minute Chicken Dinner
Sautéed Collard Greens Recipe
How to Make a Beautiful Bouquet of Chocolate Bacon Roses
How To Make Chili With A Chocolate Twist
How To Make A Valentine’s Day Dinner With Aphrodisiacs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...