A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loving México!!  (Read 7221 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: February 09, 2009 09:11:09 PM »

Hi there! I am Mirchita, and I am mexican, I would love to share a little bit of the much of crafting culture of my country, and I would also love to know other mexican craftsters too!
Please let me know if I can help with any advice about Mexican stuff...

...and rise your hand if you love México as me!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitsue43
Conspiracy Theorist.

Gamers unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009 09:33:17 PM »

I'm half Mexican and I love bright colored Mexican crafts! Especially worry dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sora: I've... I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like...Is any of this real... Or not?
expressmail

Addicted to knitting, but won't share used needles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009 09:49:07 PM »

I'm American, of Italian descent, and I have to say that growing up in Southern California and volunteering at the Museum of Latin American Art, I'd just like to say that Latin American art rocks my socks off! Rivera, Botero, it just doesn't get better. It reminds me of the art I'd see in my grandfather's home, stuff from our old country. The bright colors, the curvy yet angular styles, it's just wonderful. And, don't tell my family, I like latino art better. Mexican crafting culture, with rich inlaid woods, frescos, fabric weaving, Mexico knows how to get things done. You should be proud of your culture, it's a beautiful one. Dios te bendiga!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't you hate it when people fill up their signature with random junk you could care less about reading but when you see how long it is you figure it has to be important so you keep reading but it's not worth your time and you just wasted a whole minute reading absolutely nothing at all? I do.
hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009 10:30:10 PM »

I'm a proud mexican lover! My man (we've been together for 11 years!) is mexican. Some of my favorite things are loteria, Dia De Los Muertos, and the food!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyinkpink
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009 11:03:05 AM »

Hi Mirchita! I swear I'm not a stalker  Grin I'm from Mexico, I live in Estado de México but I have a full time job in DF, at one of the most important museums of the city. On Saturdays I work at a beauty salon. I wish I have more time for crafting. By the way, I love the pic you post, so colorful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EllynGrey
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009 06:32:26 PM »

I am from Mexico toooo!! yeyy how exciting to find this post. Even though there is only about three of us... I am from Estado de Mexico too but I am close to DF, and I am not a stalker either, jajaja, nice to know about you guys!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettyinkpink
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009 08:58:14 AM »

I am from Mexico toooo!! yeyy how exciting to find this post. Even though there is only about three of us... I am from Estado de Mexico too but I am close to DF, and I am not a stalker either, jajaja, nice to know about you guys!!

Hi EllynGrey!, I live in San Cristóbal Ecatepec, so is also close to DF, I hope more craftsters lives around for a meeting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BettiePage

And the lion fell in love with the lamb...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009 09:38:12 AM »

hi! one more Mexican over here, I live in Reynosa, right across the border from Texas, the typical culture is kind of lost over here but i still appreciate it very much! nice meeting you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If mother is God in the eyes of I child...
then I will fake blindness.
prettyinkpink
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009 10:20:24 AM »

Hi Bettie, I'm glad to hear about more Mexican craftsters  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009 08:03:07 AM »

I am not from Mexico (but I am from California!)  I love the little collage you put up there!  Me encantan los colores!  I am taking spanish class but I feel overwhelmed and in over my head (I am just beginning the second year).  I really want to learn though, (Tengo muchas ganas de aprender!) and think that if I could talk about crafts in espanol it would go a long way toward helping me.  I am always checking craftster when I shold be studying - I can't help myself.  Is there a spanish language crafting forum anywhere that I could sign up for, something similar to craftster?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Low Textured Ponytail
How to Style Thick Wavy Hair for an Oval Face
How to Style Curly Hair for a Long Face
How to Style Coarse Hair for a Round Face
How to Style Fine Hair for a Long Face
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...