A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loving México!!  (Read 7912 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: February 09, 2009 09:11:09 PM »

Hi there! I am Mirchita, and I am mexican, I would love to share a little bit of the much of crafting culture of my country, and I would also love to know other mexican craftsters too!
Please let me know if I can help with any advice about Mexican stuff...

...and rise your hand if you love México as me!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitsue43
Conspiracy Theorist.

Gamers unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009 09:33:17 PM »

I'm half Mexican and I love bright colored Mexican crafts! Especially worry dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sora: I've... I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like...Is any of this real... Or not?
expressmail

Addicted to knitting, but won't share used needles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009 09:49:07 PM »

I'm American, of Italian descent, and I have to say that growing up in Southern California and volunteering at the Museum of Latin American Art, I'd just like to say that Latin American art rocks my socks off! Rivera, Botero, it just doesn't get better. It reminds me of the art I'd see in my grandfather's home, stuff from our old country. The bright colors, the curvy yet angular styles, it's just wonderful. And, don't tell my family, I like latino art better. Mexican crafting culture, with rich inlaid woods, frescos, fabric weaving, Mexico knows how to get things done. You should be proud of your culture, it's a beautiful one. Dios te bendiga!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't you hate it when people fill up their signature with random junk you could care less about reading but when you see how long it is you figure it has to be important so you keep reading but it's not worth your time and you just wasted a whole minute reading absolutely nothing at all? I do.
hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009 10:30:10 PM »

I'm a proud mexican lover! My man (we've been together for 11 years!) is mexican. Some of my favorite things are loteria, Dia De Los Muertos, and the food!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyinkpink
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009 11:03:05 AM »

Hi Mirchita! I swear I'm not a stalker  Grin I'm from Mexico, I live in Estado de México but I have a full time job in DF, at one of the most important museums of the city. On Saturdays I work at a beauty salon. I wish I have more time for crafting. By the way, I love the pic you post, so colorful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EllynGrey
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009 06:32:26 PM »

I am from Mexico toooo!! yeyy how exciting to find this post. Even though there is only about three of us... I am from Estado de Mexico too but I am close to DF, and I am not a stalker either, jajaja, nice to know about you guys!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettyinkpink
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009 08:58:14 AM »

I am from Mexico toooo!! yeyy how exciting to find this post. Even though there is only about three of us... I am from Estado de Mexico too but I am close to DF, and I am not a stalker either, jajaja, nice to know about you guys!!

Hi EllynGrey!, I live in San Cristóbal Ecatepec, so is also close to DF, I hope more craftsters lives around for a meeting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BettiePage

And the lion fell in love with the lamb...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009 09:38:12 AM »

hi! one more Mexican over here, I live in Reynosa, right across the border from Texas, the typical culture is kind of lost over here but i still appreciate it very much! nice meeting you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If mother is God in the eyes of I child...
then I will fake blindness.
prettyinkpink
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009 10:20:24 AM »

Hi Bettie, I'm glad to hear about more Mexican craftsters  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009 08:03:07 AM »

I am not from Mexico (but I am from California!)  I love the little collage you put up there!  Me encantan los colores!  I am taking spanish class but I feel overwhelmed and in over my head (I am just beginning the second year).  I really want to learn though, (Tengo muchas ganas de aprender!) and think that if I could talk about crafts in espanol it would go a long way toward helping me.  I am always checking craftster when I shold be studying - I can't help myself.  Is there a spanish language crafting forum anywhere that I could sign up for, something similar to craftster?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
prettyinkpink
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009 11:19:21 AM »

Hi Ghilie! I also have been searching about a Spanish forum like Craftster but I only found some forums for general maintenance or forums for only one kind of crafting like Fimoland  http://www.fimoland.com/foro/

I also like to read some blogs in Spanish, sometimes I don't have enough time for this but here are some of them.
http://mikimono.blogspot.com/ (drawing, painting, notebook making...)
http://anabelgp.blogspot.com/ (felt)
http://japaya.blogspot.com/ (she's also a very talented member of Craftster who makes awesome jewelry)

Spanish speakers we need more help in this matter!

¡Suerte con tus clases de español!
Good luck with your Spanish lessons!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetlullaby

♥ ǝʌıd ǝʌoן ı ♥

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009 05:57:49 PM »

i'm from mexico too!
i currently live in monterrey, along with my sister (celene08) to bad i'm not even remotely near el DF...
but i think that if we dig more, we can find more mexican craftsters so we can make a swap! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He who has never hoped can never despair.
-George Bernard Shaw

Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
sweetlullaby

♥ ǝʌıd ǝʌoן ı ♥

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009 06:04:09 PM »

by the way, i forgot to ask
does someone know about a GOOD craft shop?
the only things i can find here are at hemsa o fantasias miguel, and i would prefer to buy online from mexico than other place because of the shipping and all
i just remembered! there is a really good one in guaymas, sonora .if any of you guys know someone from there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-George Bernard Shaw

prettyinkpink
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009 08:54:39 AM »

by the way, i forgot to ask
does someone know about a GOOD craft shop?
the only things i can find here are at hemsa o fantasias miguel, and i would prefer to buy online from mexico than other place because of the shipping and all
i just remembered! there is a really good one in guaymas, sonora .if any of you guys know someone from there...

Hi Sweetlullaby, it would be great if we can make a swap. About a good craft shop in DF, well the only big franchises is Fantasías Miguel. But you can find some supplies at Office Depot/Office Max/Lumen: Paper supplies, Parisina/Telas Junco: Fabric and embellishment supplies. At downtown there are several little stores that offers free craft lessons if you buy your supplies there. Unfortunately sometimes I have not enough time to go to the stores and buy online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lauralanyon14
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009 02:09:16 AM »

Cheers and we look forward to your Forum Favourites selections!

gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3 - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet un pouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Êtes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lauravalenzue
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009 10:55:14 PM »

Hi! I´m from Merida Yucatan in Mexico, and I like very much this web forum. I use to look in it since maybe four years ago. I often make crafty things but I have two problems I cant take good pictures and some times for me is a little dificult to understand how to use well the page because of the language. I want to say thanks to this forum is the best place to find some inspiration. I hope soon can make a version in spanish. Bye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
casu
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010 12:45:23 PM »

Hi!
I have been reading crafster for a while but just registered today, I live in D.F. and its nice to know there are more crafters from Mexico here.
I wanted to ask you something, I usually buy from Fantasias Miguel or try to go downtown to buy supplies, when you buy online what pages do you go to, how much do you usually pay for shipping.
Thank you!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettyinkpink
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010 10:08:48 AM »

Hi!
I have been reading crafster for a while but just registered today, I live in D.F. and its nice to know there are more crafters from Mexico here.
I wanted to ask you something, I usually buy from Fantasias Miguel or try to go downtown to buy supplies, when you buy online what pages do you go to, how much do you usually pay for shipping.
Thank you!  Grin

Hi Casu! To do online shopping I use Ebay and sometimes Etsy, the shipping rate depends on the seller and the item(s) you want to buy, for example, in January I bougth 12 cabochon settings, the pieces cost me $2.8 and the shipping $2.5

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chikapaw
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011 01:11:44 AM »

yay! i leave in Edo. de México Cheesy
and im totally new here ^_^
i been crafting for a long time and been coming arround for a while but just registred today Tongue
so nice to find more people from Mexico Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetlullaby

♥ ǝʌıd ǝʌoן ı ♥

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011 01:32:49 PM »

nice to meet you chikapaw.
i think we're enough to make a swap so if any1 is interesed lets make one!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-George Bernard Shaw

AMIFRIENDS

I LOVE MONKEYS!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011 10:36:04 PM »

Yay!!!!! Mexican girls !!!! Hello every One i'm from Mexico too, gdl more especific, i'd love to make a swap between us!!!!  I can't help that i just love swaps!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I DON,T NEED TO GET ORGANIZED. I JUST NEED A BIGGER CRAFT ROOM =)

I´m up for personal swaps...

My wists:
http://www.wists.com/AMIFRIENDS

my pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/amifriends/
sprinklemesugar
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011 09:54:27 AM »

Hi! Name's Mag, I've been an off/on Craftster user for a while now (because I lost my password and my email's password and so on...) I live in DF but I'm from the north (sí señor!). Since I moved here recently, I don't know where to buy any sort of materials. I read a comment about Fantasías Miguel, and I'm taking a small trip today to check it out, but are there any other places?

Anyway, it´s very cool to know there are other mexican craftsters Cheesy ((hugs))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ~Charles Schultz
I've not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Alva Edison

~~To be old and wise, first you have to be young and stupid. ~~
EllaBlackheart
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014 07:22:58 PM »

Hi! Sorry for necro-posting. I'm also from Mexico, DF. It's awesome to see there are other mexican crafsters around here.
 So, if anyone of you is still alive, I'm just saying hi.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For someone half as smart, you'd be a work of art. ~Elliott Smith.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Langzhou Noodles
Making Kimchi with David Chang
Green Papaya Soup with Lobster and Turmeric
Seared Fish with Maple Tamarind Glaze
Cutting Fish For Sashimi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pallet Shelf
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...