A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
830 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Whimsies 4 Gallery  (Read 15249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2009 07:19:08 PM »

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH WE have to Wait until WED to find out if you like the stuff or not? I dont know if I can wait that long.  Shocked You at least need to open it and see if you like everything.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2009 07:25:21 PM »

LOL!  I knew you would say that!  I likely will not be able to hold myself back tomorrow when I get home from work...but I have cruddy light in the house so won't be able to post any decent photos til Wed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
goldfinch
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2009 09:38:15 PM »

I know I'm going to have a hard time waiting to see 16 lbs of whimsy! 16 lbs!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegebrarian

I brake for kitsch!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2009 10:15:50 AM »

A geode! I remember being on vacation in Minnesota in the late 80's...My grandparents took us to a little souvenir shop and everyone else picked out Minnesota pencils and little vinyl pouches...but I wanted a geode. My cousins etc. made fun of me for getting an "ugly rock" that might not have anything inside. That night my Dad helped me whack it open with a hammer and it was beautiful inside. The other kids suddenly wished they had a geode! I still have it too!

Okay, that was story time with your old pal vegebrarian.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

provides 100% of your daily recommended allowance of glitter
TheSapphireMoon

« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2009 10:27:00 AM »

So, where's my snack and kinder mat so I can take a nappy-nap?  LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

ETSY
PINTEREST

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
thepurplewitch
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2009 06:00:47 PM »

A geode! I remember being on vacation in Minnesota in the late 80's...My grandparents took us to a little souvenir shop and everyone else picked out Minnesota pencils and little vinyl pouches...but I wanted a geode. My cousins etc. made fun of me for getting an "ugly rock" that might not have anything inside. That night my Dad helped me whack it open with a hammer and it was beautiful inside. The other kids suddenly wished they had a geode! I still have it too!

Okay, that was story time with your old pal vegebrarian.  Cheesy

I think we did the same thing at Knott's Berry Farm around the same time period!  Ah, memories. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Behind every great crafter is a kitteh, waiting to eat patterns, sprawl on fabric, and attack knitting.

www.wists.com/ourcrazycatlady
craftgraveyard.blog spot.com
TwistMySister
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2009 12:46:37 AM »

i'll post pics as soon as photobucket lets me in, lol. i got the most awesome package! cant wait to show it off. i'll be sending mine out friday  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
TheSapphireMoon

« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2009 09:47:05 AM »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin   Grin  Grin  Grin

YES, I DID need that many exclamations and huge grins.  I received the MOTHERLOAD of whimsy and swappy goodness...here goes with the pic overload, maybe come back in 20 minutes if you're on dial up...Let's take a journey then, shall we?

Enter, LARGE box of wonder...

Behold!  The jars and 'padding' in all it's glory...clothing to recon, cross stitch supplies and books, mini stationary and office supply set, several ribbon spools, mardi gras beads, kitty toys, corks, jars of whimsies of course, and CANDY.  I made short work of the sour gummy octopi  Cheesy  Ring pops will be stickin' around for a bit though.  The picture that Tero drew as a teaser is in the top right corner...it's a card!  I am totally going to mat and frame it, excellent work!

2 of 3 (well, I count 4, actually) 'jars'...

3 of 3...rainbow goodness!  I'm SO not opening this until I get partners for the LGBT swap I am in.  I likely will use many little items from this jar, empty it out, and refill it to send to my partner in that one!

Akasha-kitty got a hold of this octopus after she played with the seahorse stuffie (there IS catnip in it, right?).  She climbed my desk chair, walked across my desk, and snatch'd the octopus toy off the desk and ran out of the room with it clutched in her mouth.  I managed to snap a few action shots of her with it out in the dining room...

Then, this was her about 15 minutes later...racked out, stoned, on the clothing 'padding' from the whimsy box and a fishie fabric...

Crafted items in this jar, other than the small embroidered seahorse stuffie...which wandered away before I could snap a pic...there was this LOVERLY beaded spider and 2 sets of Easter Bunny earrings!

Random picture of me in all MY early morning glory with mardi gras beads draped all over...

This is what I call the 4th 'jar'...a large Ziploc full of buttons, whimsies, ephemera, and knick knacks...even a bag of hemp jewelry for me to wear or take apart to recon new pieces with the beads/charms!

Some faves out of this one...

Decorated paint can 'o' wonder!  This was one of my fave 'jar's to open...this is the best spillage pic ever Smiley  If you look into the 'jar' you can see Mr Hanky the Christmas POO in there!  LOL!  Other great stuff in here includes more buttons, beads, tiny creatures and charms, figurines, jewelry, pins, conchos, ephemera, dominoes and SO much more!

My faves from THIS jar...

And now, the mermaid's treasure.  How in the world did you ever get her to part with this?  More super beads, bobbles, 'fish scales', jewelry, coins, buttons, shells, fabric, and a squishy fun octopus!

Mermaid crafts  Grin

Faves from the mermaid stash...if you look closely you can see a 'mini me' of herself in there

The 'jar'...this lovely lady must have been storing this in a great hiding place under the sea!

Tero, you REALLY REALLY REALLY outdid yourself this time!  I can't believe how much awesome stuff I got!

More pics in my craftster photo hosting, including closeups of the work on the crafted items!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=129410
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009 09:51:04 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

ETSY
PINTEREST

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

fav quote whats your point

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2009 10:49:01 AM »

Holy Cow Moly,

How awsome!!!!! Tero you did an fab job I love the handmade stuff. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2009 11:44:25 AM »

That is one kickass mindboggling LOAD of whimsies right there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Ross Bleckner Addresses Aids In His Art
Ross Bleckner on His Own Mortality
Oil Painting Tips for Vegetable Painting
How to Draw a Rabbit
An Interview with Comic Book Artist Mike Allred
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...