A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,748
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Down by the Sea Tree  (Read 3368 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009 08:42:48 PM »

I personally love the whimsical feel of the entire piece.  I like that the roots are not wrapped under the edge of the shell.  I think if they were wrapped, it would feel restrained and take away from that warm & fuzzy feeling I'm getting from it currently.

Have you done pieces on any other shell shapes?  If so, I'd love to see them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

When life gives you lemons, make cocktails! Grin
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009 07:00:35 AM »

I personally love the whimsical feel of the entire piece.  I like that the roots are not wrapped under the edge of the shell.  I think if they were wrapped, it would feel restrained and take away from that warm & fuzzy feeling I'm getting from it currently.

Have you done pieces on any other shell shapes?  If so, I'd love to see them.

It's interesting how different people's views can be! This is my first "tree on shell" piece, but I would like to do another. It's just a matter of when!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misselectricocean
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009 08:10:31 AM »

I think it's lovely :]

I lived at the beach a couple years ago and it makes me think of it :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Modeling, Singing, Acting, Photography, Sewing.... I love doing them alllllll :]

Etsy: MissElectricOcean.etsy.com
Snowhite
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009 05:22:20 AM »

BeadedbyAmy, beautiful work.. I love seeing your new work.  May I make a  suggestion? Put a spin on this tree... some colored wire, red aventurine and turn it into a coral tree. If you want more whimsy, lampwork fish swimming through would be too cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009 11:02:35 AM »

BeadedbyAmy, beautiful work.. I love seeing your new work.  May I make a  suggestion? Put a spin on this tree... some colored wire, red aventurine and turn it into a coral tree. If you want more whimsy, lampwork fish swimming through would be too cute Smiley

I LOVE the idea of the lampwork fish "swimming" through it, and I'm definitely planning on experimenting with multiple colored wires in the future. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmysSculpturalBeading

www.sculpturalbeading.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009 08:46:04 PM »

Hey Amy,

I like tree this tree as it is. The only change I would make (if I could make such a neat sculptural piece!) would be to maybe curve / curl the roots so that they look like the rest of the tree? The beach always makes me think of shells and pieces of glass worn down to be smooth and gentle. I also think of curled and twisted seaweed swaying in the surf. LOVE your work. Keep it up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.sculpturalbeading.com

I like personal swaps!
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009 07:08:51 PM »

Hey Amy,

I like tree this tree as it is. The only change I would make (if I could make such a neat sculptural piece!) would be to maybe curve / curl the roots so that they look like the rest of the tree? The beach always makes me think of shells and pieces of glass worn down to be smooth and gentle. I also think of curled and twisted seaweed swaying in the surf. LOVE your work. Keep it up Smiley

Hmmm... that's a really interesting suggestion and may add some extra whimsy! This one is pretty firmly glued in place, but perhaps I will experiment next time. Smiley Also, welcome to craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pashions566
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009 11:09:59 AM »

This is really pretty! U have never seen anything like it! Could you please maybe tell me how you did this? I'm new to this site....My email is ashley22789@hotmail.com Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Morra Sutherland
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009 10:30:40 AM »

I very much like how this tree turned out.  If you make another one, perhaps trying an autumn themed one would be fun?  The different coloured bead-leaves could be very lovely.  Also, if you used smaller beads, the tree would end up looking more like a weeping willow or some such tree and might be an interesting challenge. (Small beads always give me grief, anyhow!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009 04:52:32 PM »

I very much like how this tree turned out.  If you make another one, perhaps trying an autumn themed one would be fun?  The different coloured bead-leaves could be very lovely.  Also, if you used smaller beads, the tree would end up looking more like a weeping willow or some such tree and might be an interesting challenge. (Small beads always give me grief, anyhow!)

I actually have made a similar autumn tree in which I used a mix of seed beads. Here's a pic of it in case you're interested: http://www.flickr.com/photos/25608300@N04/3168043777/

Thanks for your feedback and ideas ! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Treat Dandruff
How to Use a Round Brush to Curl Hair
How to Use Hair Straighteners
How to Use Heated Rollers
How to Cut Your Own Fringe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...