A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift for boyfriend!  (Read 1198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2005 02:44:00 PM »

Since craftsters seem to have the best ideas, I've come for your help! My boyfriend and I will have been together for a month next week and I wanted to make him a little something. He's already said he's buying me flowers so I just wanted to give him something in return. Nothing really big or expensive just gift to say I care and etc. Any ideas at all with help greatly!
-Krista
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
GoatHerder
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005 02:46:26 PM »

What are his interests (besides you, lol), his style, hobbies?

Cheesy
a
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005 02:54:59 PM »

Haha, well he likes to play guitar (Even though he can't do that right now because he punched a wall and broke 3 bones in his hand. Long story), playstation, snowboarding and pretty much any sport. I made him an Ipod cozy awhile back so that Idea is taken. He's what I call a semi-pretty boy. haha. Sometimes he's very dressed up other times he's very laid back skater. He also loves The Chappelle show so I might do something with that. Hopefully that narrows it down!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justxlove
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005 03:33:16 PM »

You could always make him a guitar strap or something for when he gets back into playing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
pawnshoppromises
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005 06:56:15 PM »

-Stencil him a t-shirt. If you need ideas, check out my photobucket stencil account: http://photobucket.com/albums/v673/star_stencils/.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
juliel85
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005 12:01:09 AM »

If your boyfriend is anything like mine (and maybe he's not), I tend to think most of my crafty endeavors would be lost on him...not that he wouldn't appreciate the effort, he just wouldn't, you know, get the jollies I get from it.  My bf is always complaining about how all his photo albums fall apart (he buys cheapies), and he also mentioned how he wanted to get a bunch of pictures our friends at school had taken.  So, I bought a sturdy photo album and a bunch of photo paper, went to our friends and printed bunches of photos, blend until mixutre is smooth, et voila.  So simple.  So not crafty.  He adored it.  I gave it to him for our one year anniversary.  I don't know if that helped...I guess my whole point is just to listen to him and find out what he wants.  Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heavenly_rain
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005 06:46:01 AM »

Since he loves music... why not make him a mixed CD?

Put all his (and yours) favourite songs on a CD.
And decorate the front cover with photos of you and him, or glitter or anything fancy (draw hearts if you're as cheesy as me). Write or type up the tracklist on the backcover... and on the inside behind the back cover - behind where you place the CD you can write him a little message.

That's what I gave my boyfriend for valentine's - we both appreciate music and he's a musician so I thought he'd like it. In fact I'm sure your boyfriend will like anything you make Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005 08:34:27 AM »

I love the stenciled shirt and the Mix CD idea. I think he actually appreciates the Crafty-ness of it all. I made him an Ipod case one day when I was bored and he loved it (or so he said) so I'm hoping the something crafty will be okay. I'm not sure about the photo thing because we have 2 different types of friends and I'm not sure photos are his kinda thing. Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lmr624
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005 05:53:24 PM »

I'd make a collage of photos or magazine clippings that represent you two- include ticket stubs or ads from places you've been, etc.  I think our fellow craftster is right that it is likely that this effort will be lost on him (unless he is sentimental or artsy).  What I did at about our first 'monthversary'  (I don't use the regular term as the 'ann-' means year) is an elaborate ink doodle filled in with crayon saying our names, and surprised him by putting it in his car, as he doesn't lock his car doors.  (We live in the 4th largest city in the country...  don't ask why he does this- my dad does it too.   I just say the Serenity Prayer about this as I am wise enough to see it is something I can not control...)  It got relocated to his refrigerator where it stayed until he moved.   Update us what you do and how it went!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Sexy Wavy Beach Curls
How to Style Elegant Hair
How to Style Frizzy, Curly Hair
How to Style Super Short Hair
How to Use Plastic Hair Rollers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...