A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Knuaghty Knitter in Murfreesboro  (Read 3510 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ruwena
« on: December 13, 2005 03:27:43 PM »

Since I moved to Murfreesboro I have been trying to find all the craft supplies I need. I go to Nashville once a week (driving my nieces to dance lessons) so I also look around there. Anyways I found this awesome store today and I was so happy I just had to share.

The Knuaghty Knitter
423 N. Walnut St
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
615-217-4966

Its a little yellow house and I went inside and was thrilled to find Top and felting needles (I've been searching in Nashville for these). There are 3 rooms full of different yarns and the owner told me I had to touch the Alpaca (Sp?) before I left lol. Next month there will be Spinning lessons and she even sells some of the yarn she spins and dyes herself. There is Stich n Bitch every Sunday from 1-5pm (BRING your own tea cup!) and Friday Knitting Group every friday from 7-9pm. They do knitting lessons too. ($20) My boyfriend and I spent about 45 mins looking at all the stuff before we remembered there was a gallon of milk in the car lol. Anyhoo here is a pic of thier kniffty bag and the 1/2 pound of roving I got for $15. Thier selection of roving wasn't that big but its better than nothing Smiley K I have yakked enough for now. In the near future I will be checking out Be Dazzled a jewely/bead shop in Nashville so I will post that info when I get a chance.

my roving, and the lovely new dpns I got (came in a pack of 5  Shocked )
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010 11:10:09 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

retroeva
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005 10:13:21 AM »

I have been in that store twice this week and am in LOVE with it! I promised Id put a plug in for it on here to Meridth but looks like you got to it first.

Where abouts in Murfreesboro do you live? Have you been to the stich and bitch yet???

She has a gorgeous selection of yarns including handspun/hand dyed and some wonderful sari silk for only $10!!! I went in there and literally squealed, she told me that I shouldnt be embarssed because I was like, the 5th person that day to walk in and squeal. Heh heh heh. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of domestic goodness:
http://www.domesticeva.blogspot.com

Craftsman/Victorian Home Swap anyone?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309948.0
ruwena
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005 11:42:16 AM »

I promised Id put a plug in for it on here to Meridth but looks like you got to it first.

Where abouts in Murfreesboro do you live? Have you been to the stich and bitch yet???

She has a gorgeous selection of yarns including handspun/hand dyed and some wonderful sari silk for only $10!!! I went in there and literally squealed, she told me that I shouldnt be embarssed because I was like, the 5th person that day to walk in and squeal. Heh heh heh. Embarrassed

Well I was so excited that I posted this as soon as I got home from her shop lol. I hugged my 1/2 lbs bag of roving the whole way home and my boyfriend was just laughing at me.

I haven't been to the Stich & Bitch yet because I found the shop 2 days ago Wink I'm hoping to go this Sunday 12/18/05, since dance practice is cancelled this week due to the teachers daughter's figure skating thingy.

If it makes you feel any better I think I squealed and jumped up and down when I went in there.  Embarrassed

Lets see...I have no idea how to explain where I live lol. I've only been here 2 months now and I'm still never sure where I'm going. I know how to get to S. Army, Hobby Lobby, and The Knaughty Knitter and thats all that matters right? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellaandjim
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005 06:24:04 PM »

Just a hello to you guys.  I live in Murfreesboro also.  It is a great place to live.  I live north of Walter Hill.  I don't get out much except to the grocery.  I'll try to keep in mind this lovely little shop and hope I don't spend much. lol  Sometimes just looking is therapeutic.  It's MIND CANDY!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is short, but it is wide.
ruwena
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005 09:16:10 PM »

Retroeva - Well I went to the Stich & Bitch today and had a very good time. Since I learned to chrochet when I was young I'm used to holding my yarn in my left hand and one of the wonderful ladies taught me how to knit Continental style Cheesy I had fun just sitting there working on a boring I cord and chatting away.

Stellaandjim - You will love the knuaghty Knitter! So many beautiful yarns that you can't get at Hobby Lobby or Hancocks Fabrics. Its also so cozy. Meridith also carries needle cases and totes made by a local artist and they are so nice I want one Smiley She just got them in today and the lady who makes them is the one who showed me continental knitting. Oh and she also has mini circlular needles for socks! They are like 3-4 inches long sooo cute and easier than dpns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atla

I play with string

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006 10:48:59 AM »

Old topic, I know.. but questions:

Can anyone give me more info on their roving selection?  Is any of it dyed?  Multi-colored or solid?  Just wool, or anything else?  What breed of sheep?  Lol, sorry, lots of questions.

Also, looking at their calendar for October, there is a "Fiber Festival at Cannonsburgh 10-5" listed on Oct 28th.  What the heck is Cannonsburgh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

retroeva
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006 01:20:22 PM »

Its a historic town that is located off of Broad behind Shoneys. They have a lot of folk festivals there. Ummm, Im sure if you called them they would be able to anwser your questions (Im pretty sure their number is on the bag in the picture below).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog of domestic goodness:
http://www.domesticeva.blogspot.com

Craftsman/Victorian Home Swap anyone?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309948.0
KMartKid

WakingUpKK.etsy.com

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007 06:33:41 PM »

Wow!  Look at all these fabulous Boroeans (yes I just made up a word).  I wish I could say I knew how to knit... I have tried but it looks yucky.  A lady at my church knits at the knaughty knitter a lot though.  She is obsessed with it.  I keep meaning to stop by.  I'm a little creeped out by the place though cause I used to work at the organization that was there before.  They sucked.  I'm just wondering if it will be weird to shop there now since that company still owes a last paycheck to all it's employees.  Still, it sounds so cool and I really want to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like apples.
tishous

keep the wind at your back & the sun on your face

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008 10:14:10 AM »

I'm excited to check this place out...I had a baby not too long ago, and have the crafting bug pretty hardcore since I stay home all day. So thanks for the info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be lonely is a habit,
like smoking or taking drugs.
I quit them both
but man was it rough."
tjesch
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008 11:26:20 AM »

I have been to a few knitting shops in Nashville, Shelbyville (where I live) and Tullahoma but none of them compare to The Knaughty Knitter.  Everytime I go there I feel at home, I have joined in on some of the knitting groups and stayed longer because I did not feel like getting up.  It truly is my home away from home and Meridith (not sure if I spelled that right) is extremely helpful with all my questions!

Hopefully one day we will catch each other in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Little Things Book Trailer
Sandra Harper Talks About Over the Holidays
A Message From Heidi Montag
James Franco and Michael Cunningham Talk About Youth
Meet Author Jeffery Deaver
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...