Ok, well i made these at school, took ages, but i did it!! And then finally got the picture thing working, lolz!!
So here it is, my pink RaRa skirt and black top, the top hangs a little odd, but itd b good 4 putting over a shirt??
All feedback very much appreciated
Btw - loving all of your work!!!!!!!
Ok, an attempt at a tutorial - if u attempt it let me know how it turns out!!! (im not good at this sort of thing!)
1. Make 2 waistbands (the same) with seam allowance, the band needs to be about 9cm deep.
2. (these need to be circles, im not sure if this is how you do it) Measure bottom of the waist band and divide it by 4, then fold the material into 4, do this again but with a longer bit of material for the second one.
3. Hold, Pin, Tack + Sew round with the material in this order :
Longest Ra *right side facing up*
Shortest Ra *right side up*
1 Waistband facing down with the bottom at the top (if u get me)
4.Put right sides together of waistbands and sew at the top *You should be able to fold it in next*
5. Insert zip in the first waistband you put in
6. Flip Flap Over *wow, flip flap!!*
7. Tuck the sides of the 2nd waistband and stay stich around the zip.
8. Stay stitch the 2nd waistband along the line where both Ra's and waistband meet tucking inside any material
That should be it, if there are any problems *there probably will be!!!* contact me xxxxxxxxx
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT ->
ok new pics ->
ok and scrap the above tutorial - just use april_cocaines tut and use two different circle lengths