A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things..."  (Read 26738 times)
Tags for this thread: alice_in_wonderland , wedding  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dawnofdolls
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2009 10:15:26 AM »

Your husband is a trooper!  You should post pics of the wedding!  ...I bet it'll be really unique and fun.  I'd love to see them.  Grin  My bf got off easy - my only demand is "no gold ring." haha

Post pics!!   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my Etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/DawnOfDollz
innocuus
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009 08:33:00 PM »

i'm busy planning an alive and wonderland theme for my 21st birthday and i came across this image from the disney couture runway show
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/116497_55977633.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/116497_55977602.jpg
it's kinda alice themed clothing but still looks mostly like nice formal wear
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Esjay82
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2009 08:03:35 PM »

wow what an awesome theme!!!! i do hope u post pictures when u have had your wedding. It's one of my favourite stories. Have you seen the pictures of the Tim Burton version that are around..?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=56475

interesting images. i like them.  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chellery

We're both social halfwits & I think its fantastic

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2009 11:30:00 PM »

i'm busy planning an alive and wonderland theme for my 21st birthday and i came across this image from the disney couture runway show
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/116497_55977633.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/116497_55977602.jpg
it's kinda alice themed clothing but still looks mostly like nice formal wear

I LOVE the stacked furniture in the background!

And that has to be the best interpretation of the Tweedles that I have ever seen. EVER.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every invention, every achievement, has come out of dissatisfaction, not serentiy. No one ever said: 'Things are perfect, let's invent fire.' "
trickypink
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2009 04:27:20 PM »

WOW! I love your invitations! The poems really make them awesome. I would be freakin' jumping up and down flipping out if I got an invitation like that in the mail! I think my favorite poem of them all is the dress code one, both because it sounds great, and I enjoy the sentiment:) You get some pretty creative and fun outfits when you let people dress how they want, and everyone is a lot happier!

Crafting your entire wedding is exciting and can be a blast! Just make sure you enlist the help of friends and family when you can, and delegate things you don't absolutely need to make yourself. Especially if you have crafty friends. I speak from experience - by the time the wedding came around, I was exhausted and stressed, but I had a lot of people step up and help, and they did an amazing job.

You sound like you have some fantastic ideas. As far as the mismatched tea sets, shop around at thrift stores, you can always find tons of cute ones for cheap. Then, if you want to get really crafty, you can buy ceramic china paint that heat sets in the oven, and decorate them however you want. I actually had some vintage teacups for sale on my etsy (long gone now) that I fired with Alice in Wonderland decals (illustrations from the book), so I'm totally diggin' your theme! http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=11770583 (As a ceramic artist and crafter, anything that means thrifting and using old tea sets gets me excited!)

I can't wait to see more pics as you get closer to your date! Congratulations and have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unique recycled ceramics, prints, and hand painted pottery.
http://fanfareandfoofaraw.etsy.com
trickypink
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2009 04:50:46 PM »

P.S. - everyone seems to be thinking finding teacups is expensive... I never pay more than .50 cents a piece for the ones I find. It means doing a lot of shopping around, but thrift stores are seriously the way to go. If you know someone old enough to get a senior discount, bring them along on senior day and get your stuff SUPER cheap (my hubby's mom came with me on multiple trips).

Also, Target has croquet sets right now in their summer items section for like 19.99 (we bought one for our wedding, but didn't get a chance to use it).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Unique recycled ceramics, prints, and hand painted pottery.
http://fanfareandfoofaraw.etsy.com
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2009 07:46:50 PM »

I couldn't resist making some suggestions for the poem! Take 'em or leave 'em. Smiley

"Come in your finest!" the Duchess declares.
Come "In your top hats or with bows in your hair"

"Come in your sneakers! " the Mad Hatter shouts.
Come "In your blue jeans, with your caps turned about."

"Come in your jammies!" the Cheshire Cat smirks.
Come "In your soft slippers and over-sized shirts"

"Come how you're comfy!" the Queen shouts at last.
"We'll sit and have tea, then croquet in the grass,  Grin (my favourite part)
Do I care how you're dressed, sir? Not in the least.
You can even come late (but not you, dear priest!)"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2009 12:54:53 PM »

These ideas are so incredibly amazing! I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland, but I don't think I can do my wedding in that theme. (We've come up with at least twenty different "themes", and probably won't end up using a single one...) I can't wait to see pictures of the finished event!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
caelestis

Strong with the Force, Colbert is.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2009 02:41:03 PM »

My wedding is inching ever-closer all the time (259 days!).. and I have absolutely nothing prepared except ideas!!

I didn't see your question about dressing as Alice and, though it's months old, I'll answer. At first, I was planning on having my dress Queen of Hearts or Alice INSPIRED without actually being a costume. Now, I think I'm just going to go with a wedding dress that has nothing to do with either of them. Wink Red corset, white skirt.

I love all of your updates. I'm back in your thread because I'm kicking myself in the butt to get started on everything already and I'm trying to get the creative juices flowing again. ^_^

I also really love that you don't mind how people dress or if they're late. I think you and I are quite like-minded. I hate being at a wedding and worrying that the bride will be mad at me for one thing or another. And trust me, it's happened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lanysmiles
the conscience midget

it helps to smile, once in a while

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2009 07:35:46 PM »

just...wow
Smiley

making a giant chessboard and pieces you could use after the wedding sounds like a good idea- but very time consuming.
Is it going to be a big wedding or a small one?
you are so lucky! Smiley

hope everything goes well for you and that happiness will smile upon you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Andre Leon Talley Upgrades Zappos to Couture
How to Match with Your Prom Date – Without Looking Cheesy
How to Look Edgy Cool at Prom
How to Find Your Perfect Prom Shoes
DIY: Perfect Pair of Cut-Off Shorts!
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...