A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,906
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Deck of cards book  (Read 82966 times)
Tags for this thread: 52_reasons  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cherry_blossom55
« on: March 05, 2009 12:21:22 PM »

well I got bored of essay writing, so I figured I'd post this.

My BF and I have our first *real* anniversary coming up in a couple weeks (we were FWB's for a long time but not actually "dating" until the end of last march) anywho, I'm fairly (okay almost totally) broke, so I decided to make him one of those "52 things" decks.

the cover

annd some inside pages:

(this one could use an explanation: I don't remember how it started but we always meow at each other and use hand motions instead of speaking just to see if the other person can figure out what we're trying to say, and HE decided that it is spelled "mao" instead of "meow".)

(it annoys him so much, but he has awesome curly hair- how can i resist?)

Also, this has nothing to do with crafting, but I'm *very* convinced that he is going to propose sometime around either our anniversary or my birthday (exactly a month later)....and I'm just quivering in anticipation.  Grin Grin Grin

anyway I hope he enjoys this, C+C always welcome....I'm just kind of wondering what else I can do for him that's REALLY inexpensive. anyone have any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RENTHead_351
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009 12:33:12 PM »

Aw, I love these books! Wish I had someone to make one for, hehe. Hmm... Maybe one of my friends will end up getting one soon!
As for inexpensive ideas, I've always liked those coupons saying, y'know, free hugs, backrubs, ahh, whatever floats your boat! I think they're cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009 12:39:58 PM »

about the spelling of "mao" this is actually in pingyin of mandarin Chinese the spelling also of the word cat (it's onomatopoeia - the sound is the name)
http://zhongwen.com/d/191/x223.htm
i just thought that was cool.

and so is your book!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009 12:40:56 PM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009 01:08:20 PM »

hm, that's really interesting about mao. lol.

I'm pretty sure he got it from lolcats or something....but whatever, right. thanks for the comments!

the coupons are also a good idea, I may do that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BrushfireFaeries
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009 01:10:04 PM »

I love your book! I've yet to make one, but I think the little deck o' cards books are so clever.

As far as more inexpensive things... the way to a guy's heart is through his stomach, isn't that the saying? You could bake cookies, brownies... Dip little pretzel rods in chocolate and coat in sprinkles - that looks real fancy and is a cinch!

My guy always wanted wallet photos of us, so one holiday I ordered one of me, a few of us and one of his dog from shutterfly and I picked up a wallet photo holder at the dollar store. It was pretty cheap and he loved it, and then he had space to fill the rest with his own pics.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We do not know the true value of our moments until they have undergone the test of memory." -G. Duhamel
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009 05:19:08 PM »

This is adorable. And it has a kitten, so obviously I love it! [grin] I second the suggestion of baking him things - the incredible edible craft :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009 05:38:44 PM »

'tis true that a mans heart is in his stomach. lol. baked goods are always a good route I guess. thanks for the suggestions guys~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JanelleJ
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009 09:23:43 PM »

Very very cool! I wish my hubby would appreciate something like this so I could make it! lol. He would just think I was weird, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rename a File in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Work with the Metadata Panel in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Move and Delete Images in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Sort and Rotate Images in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Use Bridge Slideshow in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...