A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hidden in plain site! Cat litter cabinet  (Read 242693 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , cat_litter , litter_box , craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

corduroycraze
What A Joy

What A Joy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2009 09:06:34 PM »

This is miraculous! Totally using this idea when my boyfriend and I get a new place. I'm so jealous of how chic this looks. Bravo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

causeeffect
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2009 10:42:37 AM »

I love hidden litter boxes! Great job! Too bad my cat needs lots of space around his box to jump in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2009 08:16:01 PM »

That is brilliant!!!!!! I was so proud of my sink skirt in my old apartment that hid the litter box, but this is way better! Where I live now there is a half bath in the finished basement with a shower that doesn't get used so we just stuck the litter in there. I am bookmarking this for future reference though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poyupop

Master Craft Disaster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2009 09:18:59 PM »

This is an absolutely wonderful piece! I love the idea... it would also keep doggies from sampling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RagnazIdnar
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2009 03:51:11 AM »

I love the look of this. Our bathroom is ridiculously huge and I've sorta hidden the box behind the door, but out kitty (Gracie Lynn Von MeowMeow) is a big mess maker. She finds the need to scoop while standing outside of the box and does a crazy jump-and-run thing every time she makes a poo so I get litter all over the floor. I haven't put a lid on her box because I'm afraid she won't use it and will pee on my bath mats. I'm hoping I can train her like you did yours. No risk of her tail being caught (she doesn't have one!) is a big plus too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud member of the Eastern Wa Etsy Team!
www.ragnazidnar.ets y.com
littlemissmuffet
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2009 09:14:05 AM »

Okay, this is genius. My kitten makes a HUGE mess when he uses the litterbox. if I don't implement this soon,  I will definitely do so in the near future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reduce, reuse, recycle...and craft while you're at it!
http://skeinsandsteins.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6965575
magicbeanbuyer
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2009 02:56:59 PM »

This is the coolest thing I've ever seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my etsy shop: http://magicbeanbuyer.etsy.com

Plini figurines & accessories!
Craftsunderground
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2009 12:24:34 PM »

Judging from the number of posts, I think you have hit a nerve...

I just moved into a new house. I was thrilled to find out the laundry was upstairs. Not so thrilled when I found out there was no space for our cats litterbox. We used to keep it in the laundry room, which was an unfinished room. I now have it hidden in a closet, but that causes, as you mentioned, stinky clothes.  I am so happy to see this idea and plan to make one this weekend. Thank you so much for sharing. You should offer this idea to Cat Fancy magazine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
tomico
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2009 06:25:47 AM »

I have had a problem with my cat scattering litter every where and came up with a similar idea, only I am converting a dresser. I want it to have a long enough run that all the cat litter comes off the feet before leaving the box,and  I have drawers for the cat litter supplies. The dresser was free. I'm not finished yet because everything takes me forever to finish. Too many projects, too little drive. lol. I'm making mine fit a automatic cat littler box. I have to build some doors where I took out the lower drawers. I wasn't sure how to finish the cat door. I have jigsawed an arched door way. I don't think I can attach a door. I love your idea and I look forward to sharing mine some day. Tomico
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DreamInStitches
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2009 12:38:12 PM »

As if you haven't heard it enough already, but this is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen! We had the same problem when we moved into our first apartment and rescued a couple kittens. We ended up having to have ours in the bathroom, it was horrible! Bigger place now solves that problem, but this would have been amazing at the time!! Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mally Roncal’s Instant Face-Lift?
Can Eyeliner Give You an Eye Lift?
Dudes Attempt A @Mac_daddyy Makeup Tutorial
Home Remedies for Acne
A Month Without Makeup; One Girl’s Quest to Find True Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...