A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diet Mask  (Read 2998 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PatchIsHere
« on: February 05, 2009 09:38:44 PM »

My resolution? Top of the list is probably lose the weight (I want to compete for miss spirit of the state this year, and miss Michigan next year) My biggest problem with this resolution? I don't think before I act, I will be walking around thinking about the latest political blog, and I will instinctively reach for the pretzels or cereal box, So I needed something that would really get me to STOP and THINK about it. Thus, The mask.

Originally I crocheted one out of plastic bags, but I didn't like it, (The picture below is the in progress shot of it) It stretched too much, So then I used some duct tape and felt I had laying around. (Sorry all pictures are links, Haven't posted enough yet )
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v322/candy_gurl_can/?action=view&current=5.jpg

*points at the below picture* SHINY DUCT TAPE!!!! with holes, and YES they are supposed to be at the nose, makes it easier to breathe Tongue
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v322/candy_gurl_can/?action=view&current=1.jpg

*points to next picture* They hook just above the ear with jewelery findings Smiley (and please ignore the super red ears LORL)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v322/candy_gurl_can/?action=view&current=2.jpg

*next picture* a better picture of how it goes together, Two separate pieces, one is a headband, the other a mask.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v322/candy_gurl_can/?action=view&current=3.jpg

*next picture* ok final picture, this shows the felt back, why felt? Because its warmer than duct tape, and softer than duct tape, and because it was there lol.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v322/candy_gurl_can/?action=view&current=4.jpg

Just wanted to say, thank you all for the awesome resolution Ideas, I particularly loved the resolution mobile, the "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Plaque, And the Pretty princess weight loss wall chart. But this whole competition has inspired me to keep up with my resolutions, and probably take on some new ones, thank you.(Who says you cant make new years resolutions in February? Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009 09:24:27 AM »

does it work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
whisp3rd
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009 11:48:21 PM »

I would make this not work but this is such a cute idea lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009 11:42:34 AM »

brilliant.. but I'd just pull it up and eat anyway ;p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009 12:16:13 PM »

Oh, my goodness. I find this idea too terrifying to keep quiet. What a horrific notion! Please keep yourself safe and healthy, darling.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009 12:21:42 PM by Persephone Hazard » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
bee

ohhh eeee it stung me

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009 02:17:31 PM »

I am so sorry, but tis really scared me too.  Umm... I don't mean to sound like your momma, but it is ok to eat.  Stay safe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

je love toi so much.
PatchIsHere
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009 01:13:56 PM »

OH MY GOODNESS! I DIDN'T MEAN TO SCARE YOU!
I honestly do eat healthy, I plan my meals to include things like eggs, and measure out a half cup to a cup of veggies, and I happily eat what my mom makes, I honestly do, I just made this to help for those times when I'm very mindless and pacing around the house thinking, times when I tend to walk past the counter without even thinking and grab a handful of pretzels or the extra slice of cake, But I assure you, I set limits to my dieting and exercise to stay healthy. (I seriously do chow it down and then realize "Did I just eat something?")
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009 03:29:58 PM »

I know what you mean, it just seems a bit...obsessive. As a recoveredish bulimic, I am very aware of the warning signs for people being crazy about food and dieting! Maybe it's partly because it looks so freakishly Hannibal Lecter-ish with all that gaffer tape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009 04:25:21 PM »

I know what you mean about eating without thinking! I do it all the time, thats why I craft, to keep myself busy.
The mask is a great idea for a Hanibal costume thou  Cheesy
Im pretty sure nobody had commented before me because they were afraid to be rude or mean, but If you were brave enough to post and hear what people think then you deserve some credit. As for me, hubby saw the mask and says he wants one (not for the same porpuse thou) so could you maybe explain better how you made it so I can make one for him?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
PatchIsHere
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009 07:23:22 PM »

lorl When you posted the first time with "Does it work?" I didn't know how to reply (I still don't because, it works, just not the way it was supposed too, instead it's, "If I keep my thoughts about me and keep my hand out of the chip bag, I don't have to wear "The Mask")

Its actually really simple to make one (I Found this challenge on the 29th of January, and got to work on the thirtieth, when I started with a crochet one that didn't turn out at all the way I wanted) So on the Final day I threw the old project out (Not literally, I'll prolly disassemble it and use for another project in mind, I don't like throwing things away unnecessarily.) And started with this, Basically I took a sheet of felt, and cut it in the shape of the my jawline and to fit over the nose, then I cut the part under the eyes down a bit, Then I placed duct tape over it and cut the excess duct tape off, for the head band I took duct tape and placed it sticky side up on a book (flat surface) and took another piece of duct tape and placed it sticky side down on top of the other piece of duct tape so that there was no sticky part showing at all anymore. and cut that into the shape of a suitable headband (Hope that made sense.) Then using an eyepin plus hook and eye jewelry findings for hanging the mask on the headband (easier on and off Tongue)

Also Originally I planned to make a small part under the mask that would fit under my Jaw so I couldn't just pull it up. But I ran out of time, Seeing As I made this on the last entry day, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Somewhere Over the Rainbow on Violin
How to Play Happy Birthday on Violin
How to Play Ode to Joy in Violin
How to Play Old McDonald Had a Farm in Violin
How to Play Rocky Top on the Fiddle Violin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...