A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: body, mind, music and spirit  (Read 5019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 05, 2009 06:58:08 PM »

I have big plans for this year!

I've been doing a lot of collage work of late. I find it soothing to rip apart old magazines. My sarcastic street loves to take pictures and words from different sources to create my own meanings.
I've also wanted to incorporate different things with my collage. I've had so much fun making this, for at least an entire week I didn't really accomplish much else.
The frame is a window part I picked up from a reuzit shop for next to nothing. Bases for the sections are old folders and duct tape holds it all together! (zipties and duct tape will fix anything!)

Left top and bottom:

I want to remember how art, creativity and fun are essential to who I am.

Social justice is a passion of mine. I need to remember that I don't need to save the world by myself, but I can try to make things a little more fair for the people around me.

I used an origami graduation robe pattern, I covered the paper with black silk and then worked really hard (after 20 practice robes) to make it look nice. The paper in the background is from a swap - handmade by velvet rose! I completed my Master of Divinty in 2007 and I want to work on my Unitarian Universalist ordination, I'm several
years away from that, but there's a lot of work I can do in the meantime. I already finished my candidacy packet - I could have done that in 2005...

Right top & bottom

I want to be healthier this year. I've been spending more time at the gym and being more aware of what I'm eating.

I really need to learn to and remember to take time to listen and be in the moment.

I've been a musician since I was 5. I started the oboe in high school and picked it up again as an adult about 8 years ago. With seminary I had to give up my lessons for a while and I haven't gotten back to it. I also sing and I found this piece of sheet music:
"Everyday miracles, flowers, fireflies, buttercups, and butterflies, fish swim, birds fly, roosters crow.
Raindrops, rainbows, fiery sunset, moonlit skies, I see creation's eyes looking back at me."
The flower bouquet is a combination of beads and buttons. The butterfly and roosters were from a package of charms I had bought and never looked through! I had no idea that I had rooster charms and it was perfect!

I think this is going to be one of those projects that keeps developing over time. That's the best thing about mod podge - you can always add another layer!
Selkie
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009 07:00:37 PM by selkie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009 10:22:45 AM »

Nice! I like how you've combined several areas of your life. Good job Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009 12:17:44 PM »

neat collage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Disappearing Ink
How to Make Curtains
How to Make Kissing Cards
How to Make LED-Lit Action Figures
How to Make Flowers Out of Ribbon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...