A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,416
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make your own changing pad...  (Read 3736 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Blog: www.gruenetree.com

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2009 07:56:49 PM »

I decided to use my regular bath mats (without non-slip backing) as the perfect changing pad. Here's how using quilting cotton, some batting and the mat:
I just laid the bath mat on top of the fabric, right sides together and cut the fabric to size. Next I pinned the two pieces together plus some batting. I next sewed down one long side around the short side and back up the other long side. I clipped the corners and turned it right side out. I tucked under the open end and added a long length of ribbon to the center and then top stitched the open end. Done. It is cushy and warm. I use it every day and plan to make the rest of the mat (I have 4 khaki colored and 1 more green) so I always have a clean one and so does Husband.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010 03:17:54 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love to write and make, check it out here: www.gruenetree.com

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009 09:34:43 AM »

This is a great idea. I could have used this years ago when mine were little. Will fill away if you don't mind to use in next baby shower gift. Love the color choices.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009 01:03:57 PM »

very cool! you could make one with "manly" fabric for the hubby.

i know that is the #1 complaint from my guy friends "all the baby stuff is girly, even the boy stuff is girly"

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009 02:33:24 PM »

Thanks for the GREAT idea! I bought some bath mats on clearance at Kohls for less than $5 each and some fabric at JoAnn's today.  I have a baby shower next weekend and this will be a great gift to go with the diaper wipes warmer I bought off their gift registry!

I am interested in personal supply swaps.  I have tons of fabric and scrapbooking supplies. I am interested in sewing notions and trim, especially any heirloom sewing supplies.  If anyone wants to trade a smocker/pleater for fabric or scrapbook stuff, I'm in! I'll also trade for things on my wist.
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009 06:26:30 PM »

Whoo hoo. Baby shower gift idea. Thanks!!!

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009 09:22:25 AM »

This is a great idea!  I made this for one of my friends who's due in August.  I surprised her with it last month and she loved it!  See my post here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=304018.0.

See more of my projects on etsy:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/SissysSewingAndSuch

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009 12:00:30 PM »

I am going to a baby shower in June. I am going to make one of these for her!

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...