This is the first time I enter something in a challenge.
My resolution: to actually get something done this year (I'm a born procrastinator). And to get better at coptic binding.
I started with one journal to hold my ToDo-list. But using only one journal proved inadequate so I made some more. Now there are ten
. Each holds a different category (well, the sketchbook doesn't hold ToDo-lists, but it's part of my resolution anyway).
1. Work (covers: envelopes)
2. Ideas (covers: envelopes)
3. Crafts (covers: envelopes)
4. Housework (covers: house insurance advertisements and a Bugs Life sticker)
5. Things I want to do that are good for me but I never get around to (This is the shiny golden one!)
6. Errands (covers: bank advertisement)
7. Christmas (covers: Christmas gift box)
8. Etsy (covers: cardboard coloring picture)
9. Garden plot (covers: envelope and a garden magazine sticker)
10. Sketchbook (covers: printer paper package)
The notebook pages are made from scrap paper and used envelopes. Click the thumbnails to see the covers (save the Etsy notebook), an example of the pages and some close-ups:
In the Etsy notebook I wanted to see if I could embroider a picture on the spine. I like the result but the technique needs some work.
My notebook ToDo-lists work. As long as I keep them in sight and don't bury them under a pile of paper on my desk... And I'm getting better at coptic binding. This was one of the first I made:
This is the last: